I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you get the offer on the AU card? I mistakenly used my AU card when DH had an offer on his card and I did not get the credit (Starbucks offer, not the Marriott one).

It was there after I'd used my offer on the Lux. My AU is on my SPG regular personal.

I'm curious as to which vehicle you have. I have to nurse my van for another year or so, but am planning on an electric car after that :)
I have a 2016 BMW i3. It's a nice car, but I really can't recommend it because of the small battery capacity. Mine is strictly an in-town commuter car, and therefore is not limited by its 80 mile battery. I got a great lease deal on it because the 2017's were out with 60% more battery capacity.

Our other car is a Chrysler Pacifica plug-in hybrid. It's a really great mini van. The first 30 miles every day are from the wall, and it's easy to take on a long road trip. When my i3 lease is over, I will almost certainly get a Chevy Bolt. I cancelled my deposit on a Tesla T3 because I just can't justify spending >$55K on a car, even if it's much cooler looking and more fun to drive.

I'm always really jealous of everyone earning fuel perks on their gift card purchases, though. That's the only drawback.

Anybody have tourist and Marriott recommendations for Albuquerque?

I want to add a few days on to our cruise vacation in March and it's between New Orleans and Albuquerque. I know, I know. Why would it even be a choice? We have many more future organic opportunities to get to NO and none for Albuquerque but I need to make a pitch to my dh.

So far I have used UR to pay for the cruise in full, less the deposit of a $500 certificate we paid $300 for. Airfare on AS with a CP through MCO would have been $1142 on our desired travel days! By using a few thousand SW miles and adding a Marriott stay 4 nights 5th free we can fly through Alb for $570 or NO for $875. I figure Albuquerque will require a car rental the whole time, and NO we could get by with a 1 or 2 day rental, effectively rendering the total spent nearly equal. Now I just need to figure out how to spend 4 full days in Albuquerque......

Pardon my newbie: I know there were some great deals last month on gift cards, like RMN, but how do you guys get Disney GCs free? I know bonuses can be turned into cash, but what am I missing?

I do swagbucks mostly to earn virtual visas or paypal cash. Then I convert that into disney gift cards. I also do other things but they are slow earners - dabble, shopkick. Last trip between swagbucks and my discover it cash i was able to get over $800, mostly from swagbucks.

ETA: I also do mypoints, fetch rewards, and receipt pal.
Right now I do not have a disney trip planned so I am cashing in for other things, mostly paypal when I can. I occasionally convert to Disney in an effort to slowly earn so I have a head start when I do plan the next Disney trip.

Last edited:

Thoughts for your thoughts....

Just SMed Chase and they confirmed I have until February to meet the $3k MSR on my SW Biz card. Now, I don't want to make this card my daily carrying-around card since I have to time the spend just right to get the CP. My credit is still unfrozen for a little while...should I put in an Amex Biz Gold rewards app? I'm thinking if UR for Disney is totally out of the game it may be a good idea to start working on MRs for the cash-out with Schwab option. I can meet about $1500/month in MSR organically minimum, or there's the PNC option. Yes/no?

I have a 2016 BMW i3. It's a nice car, but I really can't recommend it because of the small battery capacity. Mine is strictly an in-town commuter car, and therefore is not limited by its 80 mile battery. I got a great lease deal on it because the 2017's were out with 60% more battery capacity.

Our other car is a Chrysler Pacifica plug-in hybrid. It's a really great mini van. The first 30 miles every day are from the wall, and it's easy to take on a long road trip. When my i3 lease is over, I will almost certainly get a Chevy Bolt. I cancelled my deposit on a Tesla T3 because I just can't justify spending >$55K on a car, even if it's much cooler looking and more fun to drive.

I'm always really jealous of everyone earning fuel perks on their gift card purchases, though. That's the only drawback.
I would buy a Bolt, too. But I barely drive so the iMiev is great. I hope it lasts me ten more years. Trying to convince DH to get a Tesla suv next car but he wants a Lexus. I hate the idea of going back to all gas for him.

The lounge at MCO is cray packed now with screaming kids to boot.

Anybody have tourist and Marriott recommendations for Albuquerque?

I want to add a few days on to our cruise vacation in March and it's between New Orleans and Albuquerque. I know, I know. Why would it even be a choice? We have many more future organic opportunities to get to NO and none for Albuquerque but I need to make a pitch to my dh.

So far I have used UR to pay for the cruise in full, less the deposit of a $500 certificate we paid $300 for. Airfare on AS with a CP through MCO would have been $1142 on our desired travel days! By using a few thousand SW miles and adding a Marriott stay 4 nights 5th free we can fly through Alb for $570 or NO for $875. I figure Albuquerque will require a car rental the whole time, and NO we could get by with a 1 or 2 day rental, effectively rendering the total spent nearly equal. Now I just need to figure out how to spend 4 full days in Albuquerque......

Would you feel comfortable driving an hour or two out of Albuquerque? Or do you want to mostly stay in the city?

Would you feel comfortable driving an hour or two out of Albuquerque? Or do you want to mostly stay in the city?
No problems with driving a bit. We live near Portland, Oregon, where traffic is HORRENDOUS. A few hours behind the wheel gets you 15 miles down the road! Lol

No problems with driving a bit. We live near Portland, Oregon, where traffic is HORRENDOUS. A few hours behind the wheel gets you 15 miles down the road! Lol

Great! I'm not familiar so much with Albuquerque proper, but I know Santa Fe and the surrounding area well. With four days, I would take one or two days to explore Albuquerque, and two or three days on excursions out to some combination of Santa Fe, Taos, Los Alamos, and/or Bandelier National Monument (depending on your particular interests). Do you like hiking? Museums? Historical sites? Art galleries? Shopping? Etc. There are so many options I don't want to overwhelm you with all the particulars.

Great! I'm not familiar so much with Albuquerque proper, but I know Santa Fe and the surrounding area well. With four days, I would take one or two days to explore Albuquerque, and two or three days on excursions out to some combination of Santa Fe, Taos, Los Alamos, and/or Bandelier National Monument (depending on your particular interests). Do you like hiking? Museums? Historical sites? Art galleries? Shopping? Etc. There are so many options I don't want to overwhelm you with all the particulars.
My husband just had open heart surgery so short, easy hikes only. And yes to the remaining options. I have noted the balloon museum, and Unser Racing Museum so far, and the Sandia Peak Tram looks cool. We would need to stay the entire time at one hotel to get the free night.

My husband just had open heart surgery so short, easy hikes only. And yes to the remaining options. I have noted the balloon museum, and Unser Racing Museum so far, and the Sandia Peak Tram looks cool. We would need to stay the entire time at one hotel to get the free night.

Are the Unser's from NM? Seems like an odd place for them to have a museum.

I was ready to jump over the counter at Five Guys this evening. The cashier goes “this feels like metal” and he proceeds to tap my beautiful Gold on the counter. I said it is metal. And he says oh, I’ve felt one of these before. I almost to put out by Plat and CSR so he see could other versions of metal cards :) And oh how I love DS11, he requested that I play Peter Cetera for him.

Ooh. Following along since it sounds like we are going to have to travel there in the next year or so since MIL doesn't want to travel here anymore.

I haven't been able to find a reason yet.....

That makes it even weirder. At least the Penske museum being in Phoenix kind of makes sense because I'm pretty sure it's attached to one of his bigger dealerships, but it's still odd that it's there and not MI or PA. Course you look at where some of the sports and other hall of fame museums are and you wonder a bit too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter