I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure about the AU and new 24 month limitations. But, my husband has a Freedom card and we have been transferring his points to my CSR every month since he got it about a year ago. He only got a Sapphire card this past month. So you don't need your own Sapphire to transfer points from a Freedom or Freedom Unlimited to a spouse's Sapphire card.
Thank you, that is great to know! My DW is wary of CC hacking affecting our credit scores so I know she'd feel better product changing a card rather than closing one.

Is it a good idea to contact Chase when you get the 7-10 days message on automated status line? I thought I've seen posts about this sometimes meaning they just need some kind of verification. I honestly don't think DH would call since we applied with a "business", but I'm trying to figure out our options. Do I just wait for the letter or should we call in?

Can someone point me in the direction of where to find the $200 sign up bonus for the Disney card that doesn't have the annual fee?

I've been hitting the checking account bonuses lately and just making the rounds. Chase required a $15K deposit for 6 months, but paid $500. Just moved to Discover, who will pay $200 with a $20K deposit, but no time frame. Capital One is next with $10K deposit for $200 and got $150 from a local bank just for opening an account. I don't think you can repeat any of these deals, as they are for new customers only, but still over $1,000 in bonuses this year.
Great. I'm hitting up PNC which requires a $5,000 a month DD and 10 debit card transactions. $400 bonus.

Would there be some interest in a separate thread regarding hotel/airline point-earning opportunities (a la tweeting about Marriott) since we had a suggestion from someone else that we should take that to another thread? Happy to start one but don't have much to contribute presently since I'm just putting my toe into these waters...

I just got a targeted offer of 2000 Rapid Rewards--for spending $4000 by the end of the year. You're funny, Chase!
I mean, they gave me 1000 RR just for changing to paperless billing a few months ago!

I just got a targeted offer of 2000 Rapid Rewards--for spending $4000 by the end of the year. You're funny, Chase!
I mean, they gave me 1000 RR just for changing to paperless billing a few months ago!
WOW...that's almost a full 1% return on that $4,000 spend, LOL!

Last edited:

Thank you, that is great to know! My DW is wary of CC hacking affecting our credit scores so I know she'd feel better product changing a card rather than closing one.

Both dh & I have higher credit scores than before we started this. Even with the dings I took recently, now my score is back around 820. I was always around 750 prior to this 'hobby' :) I definitely like product changing rather than closing especially if changing to something like a CF or CFU since the sign up bonuses are so low on those.

''

Where do you find the exact amount for the 5% bonus? All I see is the bar that goes from 0-$75 but does not give an amount. I thought I would be over, but I keep checking and I am still getting the bonus, but I know I must be close.

Mine was all the way to the bottom left. Showed me at 74.88

where? I dont see it in the bottom left. :\ I always thought the only way u can see the % is by using the inspect function.

0609GH7.png

6db14cf9-db13-48b2-857a-a3089cf685f5

Is it a good idea to contact Chase when you get the 7-10 days message on automated status line? I thought I've seen posts about this sometimes meaning they just need some kind of verification. I honestly don't think DH would call since we applied with a "business", but I'm trying to figure out our options. Do I just wait for the letter or should we call in?

im sure verification = u will get questioned. general rule is to wait. if you must call, review the questions and you should be good!

Can someone point me in the direction of where to find the $200 sign up bonus for the Disney card that doesn't have the annual fee?

That promotion isn't valid right now. Only the card with the annual fee has the $200 bonus.

where? I dont see it in the bottom left. :\ I always thought the only way u can see the % is by using the inspect function.

0609GH7.png

6db14cf9-db13-48b2-857a-a3089cf685f5
On the Rewards Activity page, keep scrolling down past the list of charges and the Shop through Chase list of transactions. At the bottom, there's a section for 5% Cash Back Categories that gives the exact reward amount for the current quarter.

Hi all, long time no post! We were at Disney from 8/27-9/3 (we had a great trip, I am going to try my best to write a trip report soon!), then jumped right into a busy back-to-school month. Now I'm trying to get back into my CC/rewards strategy, and catch up on the posts here.

I just applied for the CIP and got the 30-day message. I don't have a legitimate business, just eBay/online sales; I should just let it be, right? Don't call? I would love those 80K UR points but don't want to give Chase any reason to scrutinize the personal accounts I have, or put a red flag on my name for future applications.

Just wait. It's typical for business apps to go pending review with a 30-day message. Call 1-800-432-3117 - hit #, 3, 1 and check the status over the next few days. Fingers crossed you get approved!

My next move after CIP will be to have my wife apply for one of the Sapphire cards, but I have a question. Do AU's count towards the new rule that you can only open one Sapphire card every 24 months, and can only hold one at a time? My wife is an AU on my CSP, which was opened in March 2016. Will she be able to get her own Sapphire card now, or does she have to wait until March 2018 because of the new rule? (I will remove her as AU on my card before she applies for her own.) Also, can you transfer points from a Freedom/FUnlimited to a spouse's Sapphire card if you don't have your own Sapphire card? My wife would not keep her Sapphire card long-term since I am keeping my CSR, but don't know if it would make sense to PC her Sapphire to her own Freedom or just close it and keep her as an AU on my Freedom like we have now.

AU cards don't count against the one Sapphire rule, but they do show up on your wife's credit report and Chase will automatically read the AU as a card to be counted against 5/24. So your wife can get her own CSP or CSR despite being an AU on your CSP. But if your wife is close to 5/24, an AU card could put her over at first glance and you may have to call reconsideration to ask that the AU not be counted. Best to remove her as an AU before applying and try to remove the card from her credit report.

What's your wife's 5/24 status? Because as I posted upthread, she may want to wait until she's at 4/24 to apply for both the CSR and CSP together. Although Chase has a new one Sapphire rule, people have reported success getting approved for both cards when double dipping, essentially combining the hard pull and getting approved for both cards before either shows up as a new card on their credit report. Still waiting on data points whether getting two Sapphire cards at the same time also means getting the two signup bonuses, which are also supposed to now be limited to one Sapphire bonus per 24 months.

Lastly, yes, you can transfer UR points from a Freedom/FU card to a CSP/CSR card in the same household.

7-10 days means likely denial. It could mean Chase needs to verify info, or that they've already extended you too much credit, but whatever the reason will be spelled out for you in a denial letter. You might want to just wait for the letter so you know exactly the reasons for denial before calling in, that way you're prepared to answer questions or offer to move around credit.

I got that offer last year. This year I got 3000 RR points if I spend $6000 by the end of the year.

7-10 days means likely denial. It could mean Chase needs to verify info, or that they've already extended you too much credit, but whatever the reason will be spelled out for you in a denial letter. You might want to just wait for the letter so you know exactly the reasons for denial before calling in, that way you're prepared to answer questions or offer to move around credit.

Thanks Lain. That's what I figured. It's so hard to be patient and wait for that darn letter, but I guess that's best. Hoping it's just for verification (fingers crossed). If it's a denial for too much credit extended I guess we're just out of luck. Dang, and I was sure hoping to get that extra 100K UR from DH's bonus on this card plus my referral.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter