I made these Mickey Head Ornaments and tree topper!~Share what you've made.

Thank you very much mickeym96. The only problem I am having with them is keeping the glitter from flaking off. When I get a chance I am going to go to Michaels to see if there is some kind of sealer I can spray on them. If anyone knows of something I can use,please let me know.

How about the sealant you can buy for Warhammer and similar figures? The bases often have grass flocking/pebbles etc. which stay on fine with the sealant.

To save me going through all the posts, do you use cocktail sticks for these?

How about the sealant you can buy for Warhammer and similar figures? The bases often have grass flocking/pebbles etc. which stay on fine with the sealant.

To save me going through all the posts, do you use cocktail sticks for these?

Thank you for the information on the sealant,I will have to check into that. As for the ornaments, I use the round toothpicks it makes it easier to poke them into the styrofoam balls. It also helps with holding them as you paint and glitter them. Then I take the toothpicks I used and cut them down and glue the toothpicks and ears in place with Foamtastic, it's a glue made just for styrofoam and floral foams. I purchased it at Michaels and it works really well. :)

Golly gee! I haven't seen this thread until just now. I love all of everyone's ornaments. What a great idea! We are spending this Christmas at WDW and planning to bring a small tree with us. I've been thinking of what kind of ornaments I should bring that wouldn't get broken. You all have answered that for me!!

Golly gee! I haven't seen this thread until just now. I love all of everyone's ornaments. What a great idea! We are spending this Christmas at WDW and planning to bring a small tree with us. I've been thinking of what kind of ornaments I should bring that wouldn't get broken. You all have answered that for me!!

A couple of years ago when we were there in early Dec. I went to Home Depot and got several of the paint Mickey Heads. Glued the same color ones together after I cut them out. Punched a hole near the top added a ribbon and I had a Mickey Christmas Ornament that I could transport to Orlando without get getting broken.

Where did you get the black glitter for the mickey ornaments. I wanted to get them done this weekend, but can't find black glitter.

I just wanted to say to the OP----wonderful ornaments. I to need a new tree topper and this will be fun to make. Also I think this is a good idea for a FE(cruise) exchange gift. I like it except trying to figure out how I would transport 40 without crushing them....maybe I will make small minature ones. Thanks for the great idea!!!

Thank you for the great ornament idea - my DD & I made some for "her" tree in her bedroom. We didn't use spray paint so she could make them herself - she painted on purple (of course) 2 coats and when the 2nd coat was drying I put a 1/2 toothpick in each ear and "helped" to place them. We also then sprinkled them with gold glitter (her choice) over a styrofoam plate then waited for them to dry. I took an ornament hanger and cut the bottom hook off and poked it in the top - used the rest of the hanger to hang it on the tree once it was completely dry. I didn't have to use any glue for the ears since they were wet when I put them together.

She loved having her little mickey's on her tree. And loved giving them as gifts especially to her Bubbie (my DH's mom) who went with us on vacation last summer and humors us with our Disney fascinations. But isn't everyone supposed to have a tree decorated with mostly Disney???

I just wanted to say to the OP----wonderful ornaments. I to need a new tree topper and this will be fun to make. Also I think this is a good idea for a FE(cruise) exchange gift. I like it except trying to figure out how I would transport 40 without crushing them....maybe I will make small minature ones. Thanks for the great idea!!!

Thank you for the great ornament idea - my DD & I made some for "her" tree in her bedroom. We didn't use spray paint so she could make them herself - she painted on purple (of course) 2 coats and when the 2nd coat was drying I put a 1/2 toothpick in each ear and "helped" to place them. We also then sprinkled them with gold glitter (her choice) over a styrofoam plate then waited for them to dry. I took an ornament hanger and cut the bottom hook off and poked it in the top - used the rest of the hanger to hang it on the tree once it was completely dry. I didn't have to use any glue for the ears since they were wet when I put them together.

She loved having her little mickey's on her tree. And loved giving them as gifts especially to her Bubbie (my DH's mom) who went with us on vacation last summer and humors us with our Disney fascinations. But isn't everyone supposed to have a tree decorated with mostly Disney???

Where are your pictures? I must see the final project!!!!

Great idea!!! I wish I had searched around more on the DIS before now. You are very creative and kind to share your idea. I love all of the pictures!! My kids will love to make these next year...oh, I can't wait!

Christmas is creeping up, so for you plan aheaders, I thought I'd bring this back.

I love to see how everyone's turn out.

THANK YOU for bringing back this thread!!! My 4.5 DS will LOVE doing this project!! Keep the ideas and variations coming!

I subscribed to this thread months ago. I can't believe it's been brought back up.

I got my supplies to make a Mickey Head Tree Topper.

We have lots of our mickey head ornaments that need replacing, they don't wear well with little ones in the house.:rolleyes1

So, it will be fun to make the new ones this year and get some more creative ideas from all of you creative folk.

This was lots of fun, and I have to bring it back! It's great seeing all the picutres.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter