I need additional days in Feb, book now or wait?

jeff968

DIS Veteran
Well, our February vacation trip to Florida is coming together nicely. I won a timeshare auction on eBay for the Hilton Grand vacation club. This is for a 7 day week and my family will be down in FL for 12 days so I'm 5 short. I'd love to extend the HGVC but they rent out at $240 a night for the 2 bdr suite. I see the Vistana villages are at $120-$140 a night. So I'm trying to decide if I should book now or wait. If I wait until the last minute do you think I'm likely to find a better deal (maybe through priceline or at the HGVC) or is it so busy then that I might end up someplace I don't like. I need a 2 bdrm place for the 13th, 14th, 22nd, 23rd, and 24th. Thanks for any advise.

Jeff, we stayed in a 2 br unit at the new Marriott Residence Inn in Lake Buena Vista in august. one king bed and two queens, plus lr, 2 baths. full kitchen thru www.quikbook.com for $l05 nitely, plus a full breakfast. I highly recommend this hotel.

The vistana villages get great reviews, too, but are a little further away from disney.

I don't think you can get a 2 br unit thru priceline, maybe someone else knows for sure.

check out prices on www.hotelkingdom.com for good descriptions of many orlando hotels and condos.

Did you really like this hotel? I just went to Quikbook and see this is still at $105 a night for the dates I am going in Feb. Iwas considering doing a RCI exchange into a timeshare... but now this is looking pretty good. We have always found RI in general to be a great hotel and with the free breakfast, $105 is a steal. Do they have the nightly snack/cocktail hour also? How far is it to Universal? My kids are big pool go-ers. Did you use it at all? Thanks for any and all info.
Jenn

HAVE YOU TRIED SUMMERFIELD SUITES?? THEY HAVE A TWO BEDROOM/TWO BATH W/LIVINGROOM AND A SMALL KITCHEN W/FULL SIZE FRIDGE.OVEN ETC. THE SOFA MAKES OUT TO A BED IF NEEDED ALSO. WE STAY THERE AND ALSO ENJOY A VERY NICE CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST. SOMETIMES TAKE IT BACK TO OUR ROOM TO ENJOY SINCE THERE IS A TOASTER TO HEAT BAGELS ETC.
RATES ARE VERY GOOD. IT IS LOCATED ON DISNEY PROPERTY BUT NOT DISNET OWNED. MAKE SURE YOU ARE CHECKING THE LAKE BUENA VISTA LOCATION.:jester:

jenn, yes the RI is a great value for the price. The hotel is brand new, beds are comfy. It is out in the new part of Palm Parkway, very quiet. There are no restaurants within walking distance, however.

There is a 5p.m.happy hour type thing, but we never went. We didn't go to the pool either, but saw it from the breakfast room area and it looked very nice.

It's probably a l0 min. drive to Universal. If you're going to Universal, you might think about staying at the Hark Rock. I hear rates are $99. right now. Their pool is awesome and the hotel is truly stunning. Go to the Universal board for more info on HRH.

BTW, the RI is is on the same street as summerfield suites, hawthorn suites, hampton inn, and a bunch of other hotels. You might check out hawthorn suites. We almost stayed there, but their price at the time was higher for a 2 br.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter