I need help deciding

jenjenmouse

Mouseketeer
Help me decide!

I already am planning a March trip but will have to drive from San Antonio Tx to get there. Air for Feb. 15th is much cheaper so I was wondering if the crowds the week of Feb 15th would be better than the crowds of March 15th. What do ya'll think?

I would go earlier and fly. The drive from Texas to Florida must be very long and by the time you get there you will be worn out. I don't know how the crowds will be with school vacations but with fast pass (and if you are staying onsite) early entry the crowds might not matter. I drove from Connecticut to Florida a few years back and it took two days. By the time we got there we were all fighting.

Yes Buzz- It is a 20 hour drive. It'd only be me and my 5 year old DD. I've done the drive when I was a child and it was ok. But I can't imagine doing it when I have to be the one driving. I'm going to see what rates I can get at ASMu for those days.

Thanks again for replying(sp?)

Also, any reason to go sooner is better to me!:bounce:

DH and I were going to drive but decided it would not be a good idea (most of our arguments usually take place in the car, while we're lost). We decided to take the train down; right now, Amtrak has a buy one, get one free fare until 2/15/03 (I believe that is the deadline). We were able to get business class seats down to Richmond and from Richmond to FL a Standard Bedroom for 296.00 total. We are taking the plane back for $128.50 pp - good deal, huh? Well, at least I think so. Good luck with your trip planning!!

If ur looking 4 the least crowded time it's march. u said presdents week in Feb. i think, and that can get very crowded.

Forgot 2 add this 2 my earlier post. We also drive from CT. It takes 20 hours too. You mentioned you have a five year old. I've been driving with my family since I was 2. Don't even think of driving the whole way. We stop at a hotel half way. Its an easy drive 4 us, we take I95 the whole way.

I don't think I can afford to fly at all. I guess we'll be driving. It seems like more freedom anyway. I can also have an ice chest with snacks and regular food for us to. But if anyone has any more insight please give it to me!

When ds was 5, he and I drove on a 15 hour trip alone to Virginia Beach. We had the best time! I was really nervous about making the trip alone and being the only one who could drive. Everything turned out great, and I have wonderful memories from that trip.

We drive from michigan and found as long as we give ourselves enough time it is an enjoyable drive.

Thanks Kilee! I envision the trip would be great as I love time alone with my dd. Everything seems to go smoother than when my dh and I are all together.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter