• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I need help figuring out the best deal!

snowflake

Earning My Ears
Sorry, you guys have probably seen this type of question a hundred times before but I can't phone Disney (I'm in Australia) and need some advice.
Here is the story. My family and my sister's family are coming to Florida to visit my Dad. He will probably come to Disney for at least part of the time. We will be staying at a Value resort for somewhere between 7 and 9 days. There will be 7 of us plus my Dad in three rooms.

Do we
a) have him book via AAA (I am sure he would be a member)
b) have him book as a Florida resident for all three rooms
c) have him buy an annual pass for himself and then book for all three rooms

While it is a long shot we are keeping our fingers crossed for a deal (we are going January 2 - 11ish) are we better booking now or waiting?

So many questions! But it is serious money to go to Florida from Perth so we have to save where we can. Any help you can give would be great

:banana:

Either b or c is the way to go. I am not sure if FL residents get the same discount as the passholders but either one should give you a discount. AAA gives a discount but it isn't as steep as the FL res. or passholder discounts. As for the one passholder, I believe he can hold up to 3 rooms but Disney just put an allowance on the #of days he can get the discount for which is exactly 10 days. If your there longer than 10 days you may have to make a second reservation for the rest of your time there.

Lastly, have a great family vacation and try to sleep on that long plane ride around the world.

I think that it is likely that the AAA rates for Jan 06 will come out before the AP/Florida resident deals. What I would have your Dad do is as soon as 2006 AAA discounts are out (or are they out already?), then book the rooms using a AAA discount directly with Disney (407) W-DISNEY. If better discounts come out later using with Florida resident/AP, then cancel the first reservation and make a new one.

snowflake said:
Sorry, you guys have probably seen this type of question a hundred times before but I can't phone Disney (I'm in Australia) and need some advice.
Here is the story. My family and my sister's family are coming to Florida to visit my Dad. He will probably come to Disney for at least part of the time. We will be staying at a Value resort for somewhere between 7 and 9 days. There will be 7 of us plus my Dad in three rooms.

Do we
a) have him book via AAA (I am sure he would be a member)
b) have him book as a Florida resident for all three rooms
c) have him buy an annual pass for himself and then book for all three rooms

While it is a long shot we are keeping our fingers crossed for a deal (we are going January 2 - 11ish) are we better booking now or waiting?

So many questions! But it is serious money to go to Florida from Perth so we have to save where we can. Any help you can give would be great

:banana:

Thanks guys. You are awesome! Now if I can only figure out how to keep 3 kids amused for a 26 hour travel time (Perth to Orlando.....)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter