• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I need help with my BOMA recipes!!!

Mimi70

<font color=purple><font color=deeppink>YC Princes
Okay, good news: I finally got my recipes that I requested from Boma when I went this past June. The recipes I requested were:

• Boma Rolls (called "Durban Rolls")
  • Durban Roasted Chicken Salad w/Chili Cilantro Viniagrette dressing

The downside is that when I received the e-mail from Ms. Gentry, she stated that the Boma Rolls were made off-site & I couldn't get the recipe for them. :( Plus, when I received the recipes for the chicken salad with it's viniagrette dressing, the ingredients were measured in pounds, cups & quarts! :(

Is there a chef, caterer, or someone who LOVES to cook, who can make these recipes that feed so many people <u>decrease</u> the measurements so that it feeds up to a family of 4?? If you like, you can e-mail me or send me a private message thru the DIS. Thanks in advance!!! :D :D :D :D :D

Hi Mimi70,

Would you please post the chicken salad recipe? I remember it being delicious.

I may be able to help you scale the recipe; I've got some recipe software that does that very easily. Let me know.

Disneyfriend

Disneyfriend,

I'm very interested in the recipe software you have to help downside the recipe measurements. Can you please post where you got them and what is the software called.

Thanks!

I have Master Cook, made by Sierra Home Products. You can check it out by going to www.mastercook.com. This is a great recipe software that scales recipes and also provides nutritional analysis. The price is around $30.

In addition to ordering the software directly, it is widely available where computer software is sold - CompUSA, Best Buy, etc. Maybe even Wal Mart, though I'm not sure about that.

Thanks Disneyfriend! I'll go check out all the computer stores as soon as possible!

Is there a reason you just don't post the recipe and let us all play with it, maybe one of us will hit on it perfectly?

Robin

Oh shoot! That didn't work at all! Let me try again . . . .

Robin - I played with the recipe and came up with what I think are the approximate amounts to serve 5. Maybe someone will run it through their software & let us know what the ACTUAL measurements should be???? It has multiple parts to it. The dressing already was 8 servings so I didn't mess with it. The rest are listed twice - once for the 50 serving size & again for the 5 serving size. I couldn't get the formatting right in the post to have 50 on the left & 5 on the right. Sorry!

DURBAN SPICED ROAST CHICKEN SALAD - From Boma’s at DAKL
50 servings:
3 pounds - Mixed Greens
5 pounds - Durban Roasted Chicken
1 ½ gallons - Chili Cilantro Dressing
2 ounces - Ground Cinnamon, toasted
2 ounces - Ground Cumin, toasted
2 ounces - Ground Coriander, toasted
2 ounces - Ground Cloves, toasted
2 packets Tortillas cut in stripes and fried for garnish
Tortilla Chips as garnish

5 servings
~5 oz - Mixed Greens
8oz or 1cup - Durban Roasted Chicken
~2 1/2 cups - Chili Cilantro Dressing
1 1/8 tsp - Ground Cinnamon, toasted
1 1/8 tsp - Ground Cumin, toasted
1 1/8 tsp - Ground Coriander, toasted
1 1/8 tsp - Ground Cloves, toasted
2 tortillas cut in stripes and fried for garnish
Tortilla Chips as garnish

DURBAN BASTE - For CHICKEN MARINADE
Yield: 10 servings (for 3 chickens)

10 servings (for 3 chickens)
1/8 quart - Olive Oil
1 2/3 each - Onion, ground fine
1/8 quart - Garlic, ground fine
1/8 quart - Ginger, ground fine
1/3 cup - Lemon Juice
7/8 pound - Yogurt, plain
¼ quart - Durban Spice Mix

3.3 servings - for 1 chicken
2 Tbl + 2 tsp - Olive Oil
~1/2 onion - Onion, ground fine
2 Tbl + 2 tsp - Garlic, ground fine
2 Tbl + 2 tsp - Ginger, ground fine
3 tsp - Lemon Juice
1/2 cup + 1 Tbl - Yogurt, plain
1/3 cup - Durban Spice Mix

Blend all ingredients. Rub prepared chicken well and marinate for 24 hours. Rotisserie or oven roast cook for 2 ½ - 3 hours.

DURBAN SPICE
Yield: 4 quarts
1 ½ qt - Paprika
1 ½ qt - Annatto Seeds
1 ½ qt - Salt
2 ¼ qt - Coriander
3 cups - Tumeric
3 cups - Cumin
1 cup - Cloves
1 cup - Nutmeg
1 cup - Cinnamon
1 cup - Black Pepper

Yield: 1/3 cup
2 Tbl - Paprika
2 Tbl - Annatto Seeds
2 Tbl - Salt
3 Tbl - Coriander
1 Tbl - Tumeric
1 Tbl - Cumin
1 tsp - Cloves
1 tsp - Nutmeg
1 tsp - Cinnamon
1 tsp - Black Pepper

Grind (or buy ground) fine all spices. Mix and store in tight covered container.

CHILI CILANTRO VINAIGRETTE
Yield: 8 servings

1 ½ each - Jalapeno
½ cup - Honey
½ cup - Rice Vinegar
½ cup - Safflower Oil/Vegetable Oil
¼ cup - Lime Juice, fresh squeezed
1 cup - Cilantro, chopped
Dash - Pepper
Blend all the ingredients until smooth except the cilantro. Make sure there are no large pieces of jalapeno. Add the chopped cilantro, check the flavors, and adjust seasonings, if needed.

Thanks you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I don't have the software, but I'll try to wing it and see if I can come up with something...It looks like you did a great job! Where did you find annatto seeds? Do they have another name?

:D thanks again! :):):)

Hi Robin! I was able to get annatto seeds at a local spcie store. Fresh spices are the best - although you have to use a lot less. I don't think that they have a Web site - but they might ship if you can't find them any place else. Let me know if you want to try to call them & let me know how you make out. I haven't made this one yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter