I need updated reviews for this years Hallowishes dessert party :)

Anybody been lately? The initial information was confusing, so curious to hear from someone who has been lately how early you can pick up your party credentials and where? Love to see more reviews!

Can anyone who has been to a dessert party tell me some of the things they offered? Did they also have anything that wasn't sweet (like cheese or crackers)? I've never been to one and was curious.

They had fruit but can't remember if they have cheese or crackers

We attended the dessert party on Sunday, Sept 18th. Here are a couple of random thoughts:

· The check in process was really frustrating. We were sent an e-mail telling us to check in at Will Call. We waited in the line (in very miserable direct sunlight) for 15 minutes and were even told by a CM monitoring the line that we were in the correct place. When we got to the window we were informed that they had sent out last year’s e-mail with the incorrect info and that check in was at Tomorrowland Terrace. When we did get there, check in was very easy. They checked us off a list and gave us lanyards and told us to make sure we didn’t lose them as they could not be replaced

· The park was not crowded at all. We waited about 15 minutes for Small Word and 20 minutes for Mine Train. I don’t know how we managed that last one because by the time we got out the line was really long again.

· The parade viewing was absolutely fantastic. This MNSSHP did not appear to be crowded so we probably could have easily gotten a spot without the party, but it was nice to be able to stretch out a bit and not have to worry about defending our turf.

· The quality of the desserts was way better than we expected. I was worried it would have a processed, mass-produced quality to it (like those Christmas party cookies!) but everything was really fresh. There was a good variety of cupcakes/cookies/various chocolate desserts, plus fresh fruit and cheese/crackers. When we asked about gluten free options, they brought our son a beautiful plate with strawberries, cupcakes, and cookies. We REALLY appreciated this because so many times places just hand out packaged gluten free products because they worry about cross-contamination. They told us we could ask for more of anything we wanted. I actually wish that I had brought a container for the cookies because there was no way my son could eat all those and I hated that they went to waste.

· People had mentioned that the terrace was crowded but this must not have been a sold out party as we had plenty of room and would have had an excellent view of the fireworks. Unfortunately the weather delayed them. It was hard because there was no definitive timeline for when they’d start. They told us we could leave and come back but since we didn’t know how long it would be (plus the radar showed a huge storm coming and we didn’t want to get stuck in it), that didn’t help us. Ultimately they were delayed by about an hour and a half. We waited for as long as we could but even though it killed us, we reached the point where my 8 year old (on the autism spectrum) was about to lose it so we had to bail.

Sorry for the novel here. For us the party was better than we expected and something we’d consider doing again. I’m not sure it would be a good option for someone who really wants to do the meet and greets as those can be time consuming and I just don’t think you’d have enough time to do the dessert party and that. We aren’t interested in those and like to do the rides, and since it was a low crowd day we were able to get most of what we wanted done before the dessert party started. If the fireworks had been on schedule (and we hadn’t wasted so much time waiting for them only to have to leave anyway) we would have had more time for rides or trick or treating. Hope this helps!

We did the dessert party last night and loved it. It was a party of four which included my daughter who is 8, my sister, mother, and me. The reserved parade viewing was great. In fact having the reserved spot saved us time from having to stake out a spot so early before the parade. We took in Haunted mansion and rode the people mover after we checked in for the party about 6:45 at the tomorrowland terrance. They let you go and come from the parade viewing spot as you pleased as long as you showed your necklace with the credtials. There was plenty of room. We got to the flagpole around 8:15, but while my mother and sister rested their feet, I went and got the sorcerers card,took my daughter to the restroom, and we went and got her some mouse ears. The parade got to us at 8:50. The headless horseman did ride before that maybe around 8:25. They are handing out bottles of water, which doesn't sound like much, but let me tell you it's so nice on a hot night just to sit and have a cold bottle of water and not have to stand in line or lose your spot. The cast members were so nice and kept asking us if we were doing okay and if we needed anything let them know. After the parade they lead the whole party to the Terrance. I'm not sure how many people we had at our party, but I didn't find it particularly crowded. So when you get to the Terrance we all lined up to the right and when it's your turn they give you the apple cider and let you pick a table, it's not all these people running to grab a table at the same time. We chose a table next to the railing on the left. It was a great spot!!! Are the tables a little close together? Yes, but not too close in my opinion. We could move in and out just fine. People are very nice and if you couldn't get by someone then saying "excuse me" and just being nice about it goes a long way. They do push the tables as close to the railing as possible, but I think this is so everyone can see and you don't have to get up if you don't want to to watch the fireworks. I think most tables had a good view. I will say I thought ours was perfect. I again liked having my own space to watch fireworks. My daughter didn't have to worry about someone in front of her and we could sit and rest our feet at the end of a long day. Are the desserts the best ever? No, but we did like the make your own ice cream sandwiches, the fruit, cheese and crackers, and the ice cream sundae bar.
Would I do this again? Yes, and for a lot of reasons. Parade viewing, bottled water, fireworks viewing, and wonderful and kind cast members. It is important to note that we had a long day at the MK so the dessert party was a nice restful way to end the day. I'm going to be busy at Epcot today, but I will try to answer any questions.

Thanks so much ch Lizann for your review. It's really helpful and make me feel reassured about keeping my booking.

We did the party last night 9/29- DH, DS8, DD1 and myself. We loved it! We checked in for the party at Tomorrowland terrace as soon as we got in to MK. WE showed up to the parade viewing at 8:15 and there was plenty of room left, albeit not all spots "on the rope" but we preferred to lean against the railing anyway. DD and DS were able to sit on the curb. They ran out of water bottles before we got there. We loved being able to show up that late and have a good spot without being crowded.

We had time to get the headless horseman magic shot before heading for the dessert party. We were sat within 3 minutes of getting into the line. Long line at the desserts initially, but it dissipated by 9:45ish. DH and DS grabbed some cookies and headed off to ride buzz over and over. We were able to take our stroller into the TT no issue. No space issue either- plenty of room all around. It was not crowded at all. The desserts were amazing (line was nil around 9:50) and we had an amazing view of Celebrate the Magic and Wishes.

We were hesitant about keeping it knowing people were complaining about crowded spaces and less than stellar desserts. I am very glad we kept it!!!! It was nice to have an actual seat to sit in and not be crowded or stressed. Any questions- let me know!

We did the party last night 9/29- DH, DS8, DD1 and myself. We loved it! We checked in for the party at Tomorrowland terrace as soon as we got in to MK. WE showed up to the parade viewing at 8:15 and there was plenty of room left, albeit not all spots "on the rope" but we preferred to lean against the railing anyway. DD and DS were able to sit on the curb. They ran out of water bottles before we got there. We loved being able to show up that late and have a good spot without being crowded.

We had time to get the headless horseman magic shot before heading for the dessert party. We were sat within 3 minutes of getting into the line. Long line at the desserts initially, but it dissipated by 9:45ish. DH and DS grabbed some cookies and headed off to ride buzz over and over. We were able to take our stroller into the TT no issue. No space issue either- plenty of room all around. It was not crowded at all. The desserts were amazing (line was nil around 9:50) and we had an amazing view of Celebrate the Magic and Wishes.

We were hesitant about keeping it knowing people were complaining about crowded spaces and less than stellar desserts. I am very glad we kept it!!!! It was nice to have an actual seat to sit in and not be crowded or stressed. Any questions- let me know!
Thanks so much for the review. Especially the part about stroller in TT. We were concerned about this for DS2. We have the Holiday Dessert Party booked in Dec. and your post is very reassuring!!!

Thanks so much for the review. Especially the part about stroller in TT. We were concerned about this for DS2. We have the Holiday Dessert Party booked in Dec. and your post is very reassuring!!!
I was nervous because a previous poster said no strollers but last night there were a handful of strollers in there. Some had sleeping babies and others didn't. My DD was asleep in hers so it was a lot easier on me.

Thanks for your comments. I am trying to figure out whether or not to keep Happy Hallowishes Dessert party reservation. Can you see the Hocus Pocus show from same reserved table at Tomorrowland Terrace? Are the views of parade good from VIP area? Are views of fireworks good from Tomorrowland Terrace? Do you spend MORE time walking down to Town Square and then back to TT then you would by just not doing the dessert VIP event at all?

Thanks for your comments. I am trying to figure out whether or not to keep Happy Hallowishes Dessert party reservation. Can you see the Hocus Pocus show from same reserved table at Tomorrowland Terrace? Are the views of parade good from VIP area? Are views of fireworks good from Tomorrowland Terrace? Do you spend MORE time walking down to Town Square and then back to TT then you would by just not doing the dessert VIP event at all?
I asked about the Hocus Pocus show in another thread and was told no, there is not a good view from TT.

As far as the view of the fireworks, its not my favorite. It's off center and now that the tables are right up against the railing, you can't move closer for a better view if your table isn't in an ideal area.

However, if you are more concerned with a non-crowded spot to watch than the view, you'll benefit from the package.

The parade viewing are is perfect. The biggest drawback is how close it is to the end of the parade route, leaving quite a time gap between when the headless horseman rides and when the rest of the parade arrives.

Again, if your concern is a perfect spot that you don't have to scope out an hour in advance, you'll definitely benefit.

No you cannot see the stage show fully. We were able to see a little bit but it's farther away. You can hear it. We did the midnight showing- it was awesome. Yes the viewing area for the parade was awesome. It's at the flagpole in Town Square. We were on the back side looking at the train station since we didn't get there until 8:20ish. Not overly crowded. We stood against the railing and our kids had rope spots. Perfect. We had a good view of the fireworks. image.jpeg
This is the castle from our table. Yes the fireworks are "off center" since The terrace is off to the side of the castle, but it didn't diminish them for us.

We walked down Main Street (~8:10) without rushing and we got three photo pass shots before showing up at the flagpole at 8:20. Horseman was there between 8:30 and 8:35. Can't remember. After the parade we walked out to the front to get the headless horseman magic shot- no wait. We walked back to TT with almost no crowds. Waited maybe 2 minutes to get a table at TT. The line for desserts was long at this time... My son and DH grabbed cookies and ice cream from the other line and then went to ride Buzz a few times. I sat at the table and by 9:45/10 the line for desserts was gone. Walked right up and enjoyed many. Celebrate the magic started at 10. I didn't feel like we wasted too much time but I also wanted to have a place to sit and rest since our daughter was passed out in her stroller.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

I asked about the Hocus Pocus show in another thread and was told no, there is not a good view from TT.

As far as the view of the fireworks, its not my favorite. It's off center and now that the tables are right up against the railing, you can't move closer for a better view if your table isn't in an ideal area.

However, if you are more concerned with a non-crowded spot to watch than the view, you'll benefit from the package.

The parade viewing are is perfect. The biggest drawback is how close it is to the end of the parade route, leaving quite a time gap between when the headless horseman rides and when the rest of the parade arrives.

Again, if your concern is a perfect spot that you don't have to scope out an hour in advance, you'll definitely benefit.

We had the tables all the way to the right of TT if you're looking at the castle and there was a lot of empty space to move to to stand if you preferred. No one was standing during our party. I had our stroller there and there was still plenty of room. The tables were only two rows deep during our party.

Yes the fireworks are off center from TT, especially where we were sat, but we didn't mind at all. They were still amazing.

We had the tables all the way to the right of TT if you're looking at the castle and there was a lot of empty space to move to to stand if you preferred. No one was standing during our party. I had our stroller there and there was still plenty of room. The tables were only two rows deep during our party.

Yes the fireworks are off center from TT, especially where we were sat, but we didn't mind at all. They were still amazing.
Thank you for the great info! For the parade viewing could you also get a spot facing the castle? If so what time do you think you would have to head to the flag pole?

Last edited:
Thank you for the great info! For the parade viewing could you also get a spot facing the castle? If so what time do you think you would have to head to the flag pole?
Yes there were spots facing the castle as well. No idea about time wise. I'm sure people showed up early. Honestly there was room to stand behind the people facing the castle... We just wanted a rope spot since we had a stroller.

Just to make sure I have this correct....you can check in early and get your pass. What time does the parade viewing open?

is that for an 8:15 parade? or 8:30 parade start time?
8:30 parade but it usually will not reach flag pole until 8:50. I guess the parade is an earlier start time from when I was there. So I guess I'm not much help. Sorry

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter