I Promise, This Time I Won't Laugh If a Bird Poops on Your Head" - A Spring 2010 PTR

Keep in mind that when your 'little bundle of joy' is following behind you you can always claim to be talking to him:)
Me? Generally I'm alone:rotfl:
Unless Heidi counts:idea:
That's my little mini dachsund:love:

Heidi so def counts!!! If my kiddo, or worse, my cat counts- Heidi def counts!! :rotfl2:

Right now we have it booked at All Star Sports. I know everyone loves Pop, but we tried it last Sept. during Free Dining and meals were a disaster at the food court. It has three times the number of rooms and the same size food court. Sports is always the first bus to pick up and drop off. The theme is cute. Right now we have it priced at $2,091.28 for 4 people with 7 nights and 8 days of park hoppers so it is around $500 a person. Then I have 19,000 points towards a free airline ticket. You need 25,000 for a free ticket, but they now let you break it into segments so I have one way of airfare paid for. Therefore, if I can save $25 a week until Sept. it will be paid for. I know we could stay off property, but we love the extra hours and the buses. We also like the Magic Express and luggage delivery options. Our group of three has had at least one person go each year since 2005 on Free Dining. We love the places that you can try with the dining plan that you could not afford to eat at otherwise. In 2006 my friend and I went for 5 nights with just the two of us and we saved $1,500 on food. We saved every receipt and totaled it on a spreadsheet when we arrived back home. Now we are hooked on the dining plan, but not at $42 a night per person. :wizard:

We did the free dining too and it IS an amazing savings vs the room discount rate. We went everywhere and knew that each time, we were taking our kids somewhere we would normally never be able to afford!! It was great. We dined with princesses, mickey and pooh and all the gang! The kids were excited and so were we. We had great food and didn't have to worry about the costs.
Have you called and asked if there is a pin attached to your name by chance? We are going in July- my DH thought I was nuts, but I called twice asking about a possible pin for free dining. The second time I called- I got one!!!! :cool1::cool1: They said it was for Quick service, but for $15/day (summer rate is more expensive) I upgraded to table service! I am very excited!! My little mini-trip (only 3 nights) now has dining! :thumbsup2 You can always try- never hurts to ask, all they can say is no.

Sorry to have been MIA so long! I am slowly catching up on all of my TR's and PTR's! Your trip will be here before you know it! That is crazy about the rehearsal fees! I think your plans sound great - relaxed but full of fun girl stuff.

Sorry to have been MIA so long! I am slowly catching up on all of my TR's and PTR's! Your trip will be here before you know it! That is crazy about the rehearsal fees! I think your plans sound great - relaxed but full of fun girl stuff.

Hey.............how are ya????

I had actually noticed your absence.................hope all's well and you've just been busy:)

As you can see I haven't done much with this (or the Gingerbread Boy) of late......................life is soooooooo busy. Can't believe I'm leaving in 3 days :eek:

Haven't booked the Magical Express yet..............that's on today's agenda. Hoping I haven't left it tooooooo long.

I'd still like to plan some 'must-do's' for each of the parks since the pace will be much slower with Mom along. Of course not trying to squeeze in the EE/ToT type rides will ease the rush.......................Mom's not much for speed:rotfl:

Hey.............how are ya????

I had actually noticed your absence.................hope all's well and you've just been busy:)

As you can see I haven't done much with this (or the Gingerbread Boy) of late......................life is soooooooo busy. Can't believe I'm leaving in 3 days :eek:

Haven't booked the Magical Express yet..............that's on today's agenda. Hoping I haven't left it tooooooo long.

I'd still like to plan some 'must-do's' for each of the parks since the pace will be much slower with Mom along. Of course not trying to squeeze in the EE/ToT type rides will ease the rush.......................Mom's not much for speed:rotfl:

All is well - just the usual craziness! I am almost all caught up on all of my threads - it is so tough once you get behind. I am almost up to date on the Gingerbread Man so I will post there soon.

Ok, here is your swift kick - you leave in three days! Get that DME booked and plan a few must-do's for the parks. I look forward to hearing about this trip - - I am sure it will be a lot different that the last one.

Then once you get back it will be time to start planning December! :scared1:

If I don't get to say it later, have a great time!

All is well - just the usual craziness! I am almost all caught up on all of my threads - it is so tough once you get behind. I am almost up to date on the Gingerbread Man so I will post there soon.

Ok, here is your swift kick - you leave in three days! Get that DME booked and plan a few must-do's for the parks. I look forward to hearing about this trip - - I am sure it will be a lot different that the last one.

Then once you get back it will be time to start planning December! :scared1:

If I don't get to say it later, have a great time!

It's easy to fall so far behind that you don't even know HOW to catch up again isn't it????? I really have to commend you for taking the time and effort to really catch yourself back up on everyone's threads.

thanx for the kick :) I did in fact book the ME so that's all set. I still have a couple of days to do alittlle last-minute planning. There's so much I've got to do though to make sure this house doesn't fall apart while I'm gone!! My dh, 3 boys, and the dog......................ALONE :eek: Plus my dad is planning on staying over a couple of nights to break up the silence in his house! Ohhhhhhhh if only I could be a little fly on the wall :rotfl2:

YES!!!! December!!! We're still on. In fact dh keeps telling me to book the train. Maybe I can do that before we leave:) What about you? Any chance for that December trip or did that furnace suck you dry :headache:

3 days?? :cool1: Whoa that is quick! I hope you got your DME spot. Have a great trip!!!

Yup, as I said above I did get the DME taken care of. I wasn't too worried since we don't get in until 11 pm. I'm betting we're the only ones on the shuttle:laughing:

I've got to get back to catch up with your thread. Hope things are well with your family:)

Glad you got it booked. Wow only ones on ME now that would feel strange. But at that time of night it would be soo good to catch up on some zzz's on the ride to the hotel;)

It's easy to fall so far behind that you don't even know HOW to catch up again isn't it????? I really have to commend you for taking the time and effort to really catch yourself back up on everyone's threads.

thanx for the kick :) I did in fact book the ME so that's all set. I still have a couple of days to do alittlle last-minute planning. There's so much I've got to do though to make sure this house doesn't fall apart while I'm gone!! My dh, 3 boys, and the dog......................ALONE :eek: Plus my dad is planning on staying over a couple of nights to break up the silence in his house! Ohhhhhhhh if only I could be a little fly on the wall :rotfl2:

YES!!!! December!!! We're still on. In fact dh keeps telling me to book the train. Maybe I can do that before we leave:) What about you? Any chance for that December trip or did that furnace suck you dry :headache:

It has taken awhile but I don't like to abandon a thread unless there is no hope of me keeping up/catching up.

So glad you got DME booked - check that off the list! I agree - preparing DH to stay home with the boys and making sure the house doesn't fall apart without you is definitely a priority over planning! You can plan on the plane! Maybe you should plant a nanny cam so you can see what went on while you were gone? :lmao:

No December trip for us but DH agreed to a combo vacation which we are going on in a few weeks (check out my ticker!) Dh wanted a non-Disney vacation and we knew December was out the window for this year so we decided to do Universal for a few days and then a Bahamas cruise. We have the GAD free tickets so DH agreed to a Disney day at the end of the cruise and we are staying at the Poly (which we have always wanted to do but could never afford to for a whole week). We will just have to go in December to see the Christmas stuff another time. At least we get to try Universal and I get a tiny Disney fix!

It has taken awhile but I don't like to abandon a thread unless there is no hope of me keeping up/catching up.

So glad you got DME booked - check that off the list! I agree - preparing DH to stay home with the boys and making sure the house doesn't fall apart without you is definitely a priority over planning! You can plan on the plane! Maybe you should plant a nanny cam so you can see what went on while you were gone? :lmao:

No December trip for us but DH agreed to a combo vacation which we are going on in a few weeks (check out my ticker!) Dh wanted a non-Disney vacation and we knew December was out the window for this year so we decided to do Universal for a few days and then a Bahamas cruise. We have the GAD free tickets so DH agreed to a Disney day at the end of the cruise and we are staying at the Poly (which we have always wanted to do but could never afford to for a whole week). We will just have to go in December to see the Christmas stuff another time. At least we get to try Universal and I get a tiny Disney fix!

Nanny cam................I like that:rotfl:

That's quite the 'little trip' you just threw together at the last minute :eek: Looks terrific! I think I remember your saying that your dh was interested in doing something other than WDW. Of course I'm tickled pink you're going to Universal :-)woohoo:)................MY favorite; never been on a cruise myself but always thought it'd be fun; and one day for a quick Disney fix (can't let those GAD tickets go to waste now can you????). It'll be here before you know it....................better get packin'!

Im so sorry I missed this ptr ive been a follower of your gingerbread report for months but somehow missed this trip !!
Hope its as fantastic as it sounds and dont forget if theres any bird poop - take a photo !!! :-)

Well.................we're baaaaaack!

Went by waaaay too fasxt but what a phenomenal time we had! Lots and lots of laughter and .................NO bird poop this time! (although there was a point in time when mom got hit by a drop of water from above and yelled out "OH NO, NOT AGAIN!!!" :rotfl2:)

I took 392 pictures!!!!! That's a heck of alot for me...............generally dh is the camera guy so I had alot to learn. Did pretty well if I do say so myself. Drove dd and mom crazy so I must've done good!

Yes I will do a TR but will need a few days to pull this house together (note to self: never leave dh home with my 3 little boys AGAIN!! :eek:) Not sure of the exact title but it'll most likely include the following : The Great Flamingo, Animal Planet and Mickey's Kitchen. Leave it to my 81 yr mom :rotfl:

I hope some of you will join me :)

p.s. HI Louise!! Nice to 'see' you again. Better late than never right!

WELCOME HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I cannot wait to read your TR. OMG your mom hilarious!!!! Ready for the 1st installment!!!:banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter