I soooooo feel like not going to Disney World

SandraC

Longs for the feeling of sandy salt water in her k
Hi all ~ I just can't get myself into WDW. I feel like "I did that already." I don't want to do a "commando" trip again, I need to relax. Has the magic gone for me? I feel like hanging out at home for a while. Today we went for a walk to a playground and around a lake. My kids have just as much fun at a playground than then do at Disney. We ran into a splash pad on our walk and we let the kids run through the water with their clothes on. We did the same thing at Epcot. I said to dd, "The kids are having just as much fun in this splash pad as they did at Epcot and I'm not spending $7500." We tend to do a lot of amusement parks, zoos, trips, hotels etc.,. We are lucky to be able to jet set a little. Lately I have been bringing my kids to playground and just hanging with them and I think they prefer that to Disney. hhhmmmm. What to do? S

Hi Sandra,
I say enjoy those playgrounds this summer! I wouldn't change my plans for Disney just yet though. I don't think our summer is going to be too long this year. By the time November rolls around, I bet you'll be ready to go back. If you still aren't sure after the New Year - postpone it and save the money for another time. Just my humble opinion.:D

Hi Sandra... sounds like good quality family time to me.

I suggest you enjoy your summer and don't even think about Disney and then in the fall start watching the Disney Planning Video again :)

Also - read the occasional trip report - that should get your juices flowing.

>>^..^<<

Sandra, I wouldn't even think about Disney until next year, if that's how you feel right now. Just enjoy your time with your kids this summer, sounds like you've got some nice things planned already!

I say that if you do decide to go next April, don't feel you have to plan for months ahead. Book your room when a good deal comes along if you still want to stay on-site, maybe a character meal and leave the rest wide open. You could even stay over at the beach and just drive in for a day at Magic Kingdom. That's what my sister did last year.

Maybe the thought of your past "commando" style trips is what is turning you off. Getting tickets that don't expire will give you the flexibility to change your mind on any given day and not feel guilty. Also, I find doing some things on the spur of the moment is a lot more fun than having each day planned out.

Well, that's my 2 cents worth! ;)

Hi Sandra,

I'd set Disney on the back burner for a while & have a great summer. You're right...it's an expensive vacation & it's certainly not one that has to be done every year or two (some people never do it :eek: ). Maybe a trip to WDW is something you can do in a few years if & when the urge hits again. Just do whatever is fun for your kids. Enjoy whatever makes them happy. As you've probably read on the "University" threads here on this Board...they grow up way too fast.

We took our 3 kids on an expensive trip to Florida/WDW one year when they were small (7, 6 & 4 1/2). They had a great time but just loved the beach. When we asked them on the way home if they wanted to go back to WDW some day, the boys (7 & 6) said "no - just Daytona Beach". One day the next summer I heard the hose going in the back yard & ran out to see them filling their 12'x12' sand box with water. I asked them what they were doing & they said "making Daytona Beach" :). After that we did vacations at the beach (Virginia Beach, local beaches, etc) that were "way cheaper" and they loved it. They really didn't care about WDW...as far as they were concerned, they'd "been there, done that" :). Now DD was too young to remember WDW so that's why she & I went in 2000...DH & boys didn't want to go back so we went without them (DH's suggestion). Of course DD & I love WDW & seem to want to go back again & again ;) but who knows...maybe next year we'll feel the same as you & do something else. Or maybe next year DD won't want to vacation with Mom. :eek:

I know I've rambled on here a bit ;), but basically, you've experienced Disney many times & it may or may not be something you'll want to do again. Just don't worry about it. As I said above, enjoy your family time any way you can...it sounds like you do lots of fun things with your kids (you sound like a great Mom :))...treasure the family time together wherever it may be. The kids probably don't really care where you vacation as long as they're with you and having fun :).

Thanks everyone ~ dh, dd, and ds are wanting to return to WDW more than me these days. I am trying to get them to see a 2005 might be a better idea than 2004. When I see my kids enjoying the simple things here at home, I think WDW can wait. They will appreciate it more if they have to wait ~ maybe I will too! Chat soon! S

I absolutely love WDW. But I'm having some of those same feelings. Perhaps it has more to do with logging onto every Orlando/WDW site I come across. I can't go online without checking out the weather in Orlando, the exchange rate, re-checking and comparing hotel rates. Where as everyone else waits for me to pull everything together. I was thinking we would put off our trip planned for this October until next spring (March or February). We'll see.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter