I think I may be stuck but wanted to ask the experts

If you booked a reservation within the 11 month window, you won’t be able to modify that reservation to use the OTUP in the way that Akck described. That modification would work only with a reservation that was made in the 7 month window.
Ok! Got it! Thank you! :)

If you booked a reservation within the 11 month window, you won’t be able to modify that reservation to use the OTUP in the way that Akck described. That modification would work only with a reservation that was made in the 7 month window.
Is that new? I’ve used OTUP from a cancelled reservation more than once in the 11 month window. It’s been a few years though, so I’m just wondering if they made an official change to block it.

Is that new? I’ve used OTUP from a cancelled reservation more than once in the 11 month window. It’s been a few years though, so I’m just wondering if they made an official change to block it.
If you cancelled the original reservation completely, as opposed to modifying, that may have made a difference. And I assume the OTUP you used in the 11 month window belonged to the same home resort that you were booking, which would be a lovely coincidence since DVC doesn’t try to match the home resort when selling OTUP, and of course you shouldn’t have been able to use points from a different resort when booking at 11 months.

IOW, you should not have been able to use OTUP at 11 months if they didn’t come from the same resort you were booking at 11 months.

No the points didn’t match the resort. I can’t remember for sure, but I don’t think I booked right at 11 months. However, it was definitely before hitting 7 months. I did it on at least 2 different occasions without a problem. Probably a loophole that has since been closed.

No the points didn’t match the resort. I can’t remember for sure, but I don’t think I booked right at 11 months. However, it was definitely before hitting 7 months. I did it on at least 2 different occasions without a problem. Probably a loophole that has since been closed.
Odd, I’ve only purchased OTU points once 5 years ago & I couldn’t even buy them before 7 months https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/faq/add-on-one-time-use-points/how-to so you must have bought them to make a 7 month reservation, canceled it & then used them for an 11 month reservation?

You must have gotten a bit of a glitch…which can happen given Disney IT..because OTU points have never been eligible for booking online, even through modifications.

You must have gotten a bit of a glitch…which can happen given Disney IT..because OTU points have never been eligible for booking online, even through modifications.
I honestly don’t remember if I booked the reservation online or called MS. But, knowing me, I most likely booked online. I feel like once I cancelled the original reservations they just went into my points pool like normal. I don’t remember seeing anything about them being designated to another resort. It’s really been so long that the finer details have left me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter