I Think I'm Having a Brain Fart...SWA Question

kristenrice

NOT just an ambulance driver
My dad is going to book my ticket with his SWA points. I have my own RR account and he will add my info to the ticket when he books it. Once that is done, will I be able to manage the ticket myself, or will he have to do it? Specifically, will I be able to modify the flight or add EBCI? I think I know the answer (yes?) but I'm just not sure.

Thanks!

He will have to modify the ticket - any point differences will come from/go back to his account. Not sure about adding EBCI.

I don't think I will need to modify the ticket number but I will be the one paying for my EBCI. I was hoping that I can access and add it myself. Otherwise, it won't be that big of a deal to give my CC info to my dad and have him add it for me.

If you have your own RR account, and the ticket is in your name and your RR number is entered, the flight will show up ONLY under your account. Your father will not see the reservation in his account, and unless he wrote down the confirmation number or the itinerary was sent to his email, he won't even be able to get back to the reservation. It is irrelevant who paid for the ticket.

You will be able to add EBCI on your own. You can also make changes to the flight if you want to. If a flight change requires additional payment, that payment will have to be made with points, and probably your father's points (I'm not sure about that; never tried it). If a flight change results in a lower fare, points will be returned to your father's account.

Steve

If you have your own RR account, and the ticket is in your name and your RR number is entered, the flight will show up ONLY under your account. Your father will not see the reservation in his account, and unless he wrote down the confirmation number or the itinerary was sent to his email, he won't even be able to get back to the reservation. It is irrelevant who paid for the ticket.

You will be able to add EBCI on your own. You can also make changes to the flight if you want to. If a flight change requires additional payment, that payment will have to be made with points, and probably your father's points (I'm not sure about that; never tried it). If a flight change results in a lower fare, points will be returned to your father's account.

Steve
Thanks! He is actually booking tickets for me and (hopefully) my daughters too, if he has enough points. I gave him our KTN and RR numbers and told him to add them to each ticket as he books them. Hopefully, he can get them all on Thursdaypopcorn::.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter