I think my dad has CoViD AGAIN... Only 5 weeks since he last had it!

There are a slew of illnesses going around right now. RSV, flu, and a variety of upper respiratory infections have all reared their ugly heads. There is also some sort of super stomach bug that has been hitting children and can last up to 9 days. It might not be CoVid, but a mask will help no matter what.

I speak of these because I am just now recuperating from what was suspected as the flu and topped off by a secondary upper respiratory infection, and it was and has been annoying. One symptom would wane and then i would start with something else. Yuk. I got mine from my husband (but I still love him).

My son finally got covid 2 weeks ago. Our DIL is expecting so her Doctor said he had to quarantine until he got a negative test which took 10 days. Their 2 and 4 year old stayed with her mom at her parents house which fortunately is just a few miles from them.
I belong to a civil group and of the 30 who RSVPed for for our bi-monthy lunch, 3 unRSVPed at the last minute after testing positive.
And my old boss is on her third infection in a year. It is coming back like crazy.

The 7yo in our household has been sick since Wednesday. Fever of 102+, congested and coughing, flushed and glassy eyed for a couple of days. By Friday his temp was down to about 100, and this morning he was at 98+. Still coughing and congested. Tested negative for covid. He saw the pediatrician on Friday and was quick-tested for flu and RSV, and sample sent for PCR for covid. So far we have no idea what he had/has but the rest of us are walking large circles around him. The doc said there is a ton of stuff going around right now, about half of which test negative for covid on the rapid tests but come up as positive by pcr. I am 68 and am wearing a mask in the house!

...And gave it to the rest of us! Now he refuses to test or wear a mask... a bit reckless perhaps?
I am sorry he caught it again so quickly. Unfortunately, the only person who can make him wear a mask or take precautions is him. You can wear a mask to lessen the risk that you will catch it again. I have been masking in public since the holidays because so many different things are going around and so far (knocking on wood) it’s working.

I am sorry he caught it again so quickly. Unfortunately, the only person who can make him wear a mask or take precautions is him. You can wear a mask to lessen the risk that you will catch it again. I have been masking in public since the holidays because so many different things are going around and so far (knocking on wood) it’s working.
You're doing all you can. Covid, certainly here, is making a bit of a comeback, albeit in a less lethal form. I'm amazed we've chucked the masks to one side so readily!

Did he take paxlovid? I know several people who had their covid come roaring back after finishing a round of this medication.

Did he take paxlovid? I know several people who had their covid come roaring back after finishing a round of this medication.

DH was asymptomatic on paxlovid when he had Covid a few months back. It helps a ton, but definitely isn't prescribed for long enough.

DH has Covid. We assume that he picked it up while attending a work related 2-day training. He has gad a high fever, blurry vision, sinus issues, soreness, etc. sadly I’m starting to feel crummy myself but have no wiggle room to be sick. Busy work schedule and I’m supposed to run a 10K and 1/2 marathon this weekend.

I was sick for three weeks with the typical Covid symptoms of sore throat, fatigue, heavy coughing. I used the home testing  seven times and they were all negative.

My husband was also sick for four days and he tested positive for Covid.

DH has Covid. We assume that he picked it up while attending a work related 2-day training. He has gad a high fever, blurry vision, sinus issues, soreness, etc. sadly I’m starting to feel crummy myself but have no wiggle room to be sick. Busy work schedule and I’m supposed to run a 10K and 1/2 marathon this weekend.

I'd definitely recommend masking. I never got DH's covid. We got some great N95 off Amazon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter