I voted yesterday... No Political statements just asking about the method you chose on casting your ballot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some voters might be choosing to vote in person. There's usually a way to do that. Here were don't have to turn it in. They just check to see if it's been received or not. If it hasn't we get to vote a live ballot. If it's received later, they know not to count it and the voter might get in trouble for perjury and/or double voting.
Of course. That's obvious. Left on my own, that's what I would have done just because I prefer that vibe. But I had a sacred obligation to turn in DD's ballot, so it made no sense to wait.

Thanks -- I saw that test page. Strange that they don't have early voting. They apparently have absentee/mail ballots, and they can be dropped off, but no in-person early voting.
I looked again. I guess they sort of have early voting.

Satellite County Election Offices
Some county election boards have opened satellite offices to offer county residents added convenience. These satellite locations may be open additional hours, including weeknights and weekends. Each satellite location has a secure ballot receptacle to store voted mail-in and absentee ballots submitted at the location.​
Services available at a County Election Office or Satellite County Election Office:​

• Register to vote (not offered at all satellite locations)
  • Vote early in person
    • Apply for a mail-in or absentee ballot
    • Vote your ballot, once your application is verified
    • Return a completed ballot
  • Return a completed ballot that was mailed to you.
The list of satellite locations designated by the county election board will be updated as information is made available.​

So it's possible to "vote early" by requesting a mail-in ballot on the spot, cast it there, and then return it. There might also be the benefit of being able to check that everything is done by the book before returning the ballot. However, it's still technically a mail-in ballot where they don't check/open them until election day.

In Philadelphia their satellite election offices are still open every day until election day, but the last day to request a mail-in ballot was yesterday. It looks like the only thing they allow now is delivery of mail-in ballots since the registration and mail-in ballot application deadlines are over.

https://www.phila.gov/2020-09-29-visit-a-satellite-election-office-today/

Okay whew I made it to Thursday so I could search for my ballot.

Good news both mine and my husband's ballots were accepted :woohoo::woohoo:

It was tracked as returned on 10/27 and presumably accepted that same day. We had turned it in on 10/24 so not a bad turn around given all the talk about getting caught up on the ballots incoming.

Youngest son early voted in Maryland yesterday, He said it was super easy and took all of about 5 minutes. He went mid-day on a Wednesday, at a local elementary school.
Husband and I still going to vote in person on Tuesday though.

Georgia. I voted early in person on Monday, 20-25 minutes. My husband went last week and it was more like 40 for him. I was wondering if I'd waited until Election Day if it would have been even shorter. Ha. Some of our early voting locations in the ATL area are closed this morning due to remnants of Zeta. Lots of trees and power lines down.

Thanks -- I saw that test page. Strange that they don't have early voting. They apparently have absentee/mail ballots, and they can be dropped off, but no in-person early voting.

LAst I heard, 2 million mail in ballots had been returned in PA.

And last night some counties announced they would not start counting these ballots until Wednesday morning.

As of this morning, Florida has 7.4 million early votes cast -- 4.2 million mail ballots + 3.2 million in-person early votes.

As of this morning, Florida has 7.4 million early votes cast -- 4.2 million mail ballots + 3.2 million in-person early votes.
So, how many actual voters does Florida have?

I cant get out to vote, and the mail person wont pick up my out going mail. He left a letter in the box for 6 days. I don't trust our mail system here. They do weird things with the mail.

I cant get out to vote, and the mail person wont pick up my out going mail. He left a letter in the box for 6 days. I don't trust our mail system here. They do weird things with the mail.

Message the League of Women Voters in your area; they will help you get your vote cast.

I voted today in person and it was easy and quick. We are located in the north part of the DFW metroplex in Texas.

Spoke with my stepmother yesterday.. She did early voting in her town. Far west suburb of Chicago.. Was pathetic... Waited almost 2 hrs in line for ONE machine in the basement of the Town Hall.. Worse was having to listen to one guy a few people behind her for almost 2 hours , loudly, discussing "politics" with a woman in front of him.. This guy was wearing a face mask with one candidates name. He was just loud and obnoxious the whole time. I believe in this town you can wear political stuff. But he wouldnt shut up.. Then the lined turned a corner once inside and there was a cop watching and the guy finally shut up.

Her comment about early voting is that she and her friends are voting early in person, so their vote is not questioned or destroyed/lost as mail in AND they are older and as Covid cases are rising. they are not risking betting sick and being NOT able to vote by next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter