"I want to kiss Aurora on the lips!" PTR

Wills Mom

DIS Veteran
Seeing as we are now in SDD - 8 to be precise :banana:I have decided to state my intention to do TR by posting this PTR :thumbsup2

A little introduction firstly.

So I'm Pamela, aged 33 and long time Disney fan. This will be my 7th trip to the World. My favourite ride is Tower of Terror, though Splash is a close second. I love IllumiNations and walking up Main Street at the start of the day! My favourite Disney character is Donald Duck, he quacks me up :donald: My favourite Disney movie is a tie between Sleeping Beauty, Up and Tangled :flower:

I am married to James, also 33 for 4 years now though today we are celebrating 13 years together :love2: This will also be trip number 7 for him. His favourite ride is Philharmagic, with Soarin' being tied for joint first. His favourite character is Tigger, though he has a "thing" for Elsa. Can't imagine why :scratchin His favourite movie is The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh.

Here we are on our last trip to the World in May 2013:

Our eldest son Will is 3.5 and is our honeymoon baby. We honeymoon-ed in...yes you guessed it! WDW!!::MickeyMo::MinnieMo so we were very lucky to bring back more than a hitch hiking ghost! :hmghost: This will be Wills 2nd trip "home". He was 14 months the last time so he has not established a favourite ride yet however he can't wait to ride Splash as he recently hit 40 inches. He also raves about riding The Haunted Mansion....we shall have to see how things go :laughing: His favourite characters are Aurora and Prince Phillip. He's very disappointed that Phillip will be on a hunting trip while we are visiting but he might see him in the parade if Phillip has time :thumbsup2 His favourite movies are Sleeping Beauty (of course!) Tangled, Frozen and Big Hero 6.

Here's our Princess loving dude:

Lastly is our little Jamie who is just gone 18 months. This child is cray-cray, there's no delicate way of putting that! Funnily enough Jamie is also a WDW baby - must be something in the water over there :rotfl2:This will be Jamie's first trip. He is mad about Minnie Mouse, Goofy and Elsa. He can actually sing the chorus of Let It Go - my DH thinks I have destroyed the child but he picked it up from his Princess crazy big brother I swear!!! He loves Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Frozen and Toy Story.

Here's our smallest dude:

Now the introductions are out of the way let's get down to brass tax!

Yes, the title of my PTR is a little funny however if you met Will you would totally understand. He will ONLY kiss people on the lips - the cheek will not suffice so he is adamant that he will kiss his one true love Princess Aurora smack on the lips! When I tell him that Prince Phillip won't want to be friends with him if he tries to steal his girl that only makes him more eager to do it!! Cheeky monkey :dog2: Hopefully Aurora can rebuff him gently :love2:

The Plans
Necessities
Flight: We fly from Dublin to Gatwick on the 23rd of August with our connecting flight with BA bringing us straight to MCO after a 3ish hour stopover.

Car: We have car hire sorted with Alamo (booked through Expedia) so hope to get through Immigration and the rental desk as fast as possible. I have just done OLCI with Alamo today in the hope of bypassing the desk so fingers crossed! :genie:

Accommodation: We have rented a villa just off 192 directly from the owner. We researched it loads before booking as we have always went through a third party before and ended up booking through VRBO but so far so good! We still need to send the owner the security deposit but everything else is paid for.

We are staying in the villa for 12 nights before we drop the hire car back and move to the Contemporary Resort for the final 3 nights.
We will be travelling with my SIL and her DS for the first 13 days, the final two will be just the four of us on-site in the Disney bubble. It will be our first time on-site too which I am super excited for!! :cloud9:

Food
We have booked a couple of ADRs and hope to be able to hit all of them. We've got:

Breakfasts - Crystal Palace (pre rope drop) Kona Cafe and 'Ohana.
Lunches - Rose & Crown, The Plaza, Hollywood and Vine (Fantasmic Dining Package)
Dinners - Be Our Guest (dinner for just Will and I so we are having a mother/son date night!) 1900 Park Fare, Beaches and Cream.

We are undecided about 1900PF and 'Ohana but the rest are definites! I am on a low fat diet for medical reasons so I shall be TRYING my best to stay well behaved or my doctor will have words for me :duck:

We will be eating off-site mostly during the first 12 nights so I will be printing as many coupons for places like Red Lobster, Olive Garden, Sweet Tomatoes and other chains as I possibly can. We are in the process of saving our deposit to buy our first home so the less spent on this trip the better ::yes::

Fastpass+
We have been very lucky with our FP+ choices as well.
We have gotten 7DMT and Anna and Elsa which I was really worried about. We will be riding Toy Story Midway Mania as well for the first time ever! Every time we have been to the World since it opened we have not gotten a FP and the Standby was ridiculously long so we just didn't bother. Needless to say I'm excited to ride it.
So far we have liked FP+, hopefully I will still be saying the same thing when I write our TR!!

I have built in down time as much as I can and we are aiming for midday breaks back to the villa as its only about 3 miles from WDW property.
I have bought a pre-loved double City Mini stroller for a bargain price of about £45 - the buckle on one seat is broken but Will won't be needing a buckle anyway so it suits us perfectly! They can nap in that as well if the need arises.

Checklist

Done:
Balances paid - flights, car hire, villa, park tickets, hotel.
Travel insurance bought.
Airport parking pre-paid.
Tolls to airport pre-paid.
APIs done.
ESTAs done.
Dog/house sitter sorted.
Stocked up medicines, plasters, creams etc.
Memory Maker bought.
ADRs done.
FP+ done.
"Busy bag" sorted for the boys - stickers, coloring books, crayons, workbooks etc.

Still to do:
Print travel insurance, itinerary, etc.
Store travel docs in folder.
Boys hair cuts!!
Trip to salon for me :)
Stock our tablets with kid friendly apps and shows.
Buy a new toy for each child for the plane.
Photocopy passports.
Pack!

I'm waiting on a couple of online purchases to arrive like clothes for Jamie - we realised almost too late that Jamie needs a bigger size than the clothes Will wore this time two years ago so we needed to make a last minute online order or ten to get him some clothes! Also waiting on new footwear for myself :D

I'm sure theres things missing from my list - feel free to shout if you see something I have not listed. I apppreciate all the help my useless brain gets these days!!

Following along!

Your so organised, and I love the thread name.

Looking forward to hearing about your trip. Have a brilliant time! :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter