I was just wondering... Where are you from ** Updated**

I'm Ca born and raised! I spent my high school years in a town called Oakhurst at the south entrance to Yosemite. Really beautiful.

Living in Lakeland, FL only 45 minutes from the world. Originally from Warwick, RI. I have been down here for a little over 8 yrs and I love it. RI is nice, and miss my family terribly but would never leave FL willingly. My blood has thinned out way to much to survive the winters up north.

Sue

Born and raised in Arkansas. Thank heavens Beauty and the Beast is finally making its way to Little Rock. No more long car rides to far away cities.

I guess this is as good a place as any for my first post. This place is absolutely huge with so much to look at. Hopefully I'll make my way to chats in the near future. Can't believe I didn't find my way here a long time ago. I love it! Now to figure out how all these message board options work.....

I'm from Staten Island, too. Aside from being the subject of a custody dispute between New York and New Jersey a long, long time ago, the Island is also known for being the home of the world's largest landfill (which is now closed, thank goodness). It's also the home of Historic Richmondtown, which has one of the (if not THE) oldest colonial one-room schoolhouses left in the country. Not to mention the famous ferry, a Tibetan museum and a lighthouse that holds some distinction which slips my mind right now. It's also possibly the last place in NYC where people still own horses, cows, chickens, etc. The farmland is disappearing fast, but some folks are still hanging on. All in all, it's a nice place to live, although in the 48 years I've lived there, it's become WAY, WAY overcrowded.

I pretty much have the entire state covered:

Born: Scranton PA
College: Wilkes-Barre PA (with a 6 month stint in London UK)
Law School: Pittsburgh (GO PENGUINS!!!)
One brief summer in Philadelphia
Currently holed up in Harrisburg PA

I once seriously contemplated moving to Denver but changed my mind. I guess I just couldnt bear leaving the state!! LOL!

I'm living in Bristol, CT, just around the corner from ESPN. Originally lived in Wisconsin, and moved to Michigan and upstate New York on my way east.

Welcome Xevious!

Germantown Maryland by way of Hokendauqua Pennsylvania. That is where I am headed in about an hour and then saturday it is off to WDW!! Will be seeing some of you soon!!

Shawn and I are from Minnesota - we live in a suburb of Minneapolis. I was born and grew up in Minnesota although we moved around the state a lot. Shawn is originally from Downers Grove, Illinois. We met in college and I wasn't leaving Minnesota...so here we are.

Bonnie

I was born in Buffalo, NY
moved to Spartanburg, SC at 5 yrs old
moved to Rock HIll, SC at 9 yrs old and lived there until college
Then moved to Columbia, SC for the next 8 yrs ( bach. and master's degrees)
moved back to Rock Hill for about 10 months before I got married
and moved to Laurel, MD where hubby was stationed ( Ft Meade- he was AirForce-- many of you know what that means he did--but sssshhhhh we can't talk about it LOL)
Then moved to Charlotte, NC for 1 yr after he got out of the service ( back near home :) )
finally in 1993 we moved to Youngsville, NC just, slightly NE of Raleigh and about 2 hours south of my dear twin sister MeanLaureen in Richmond! HI Lauri!

And here we stay until he finds a job SOUTH of here-- about 11hrs south!

Kathi

This Philly girl has lived in PA all her life. Technically born in Kingston, PA - but have lived in Philadelphia for most of my life. I currently live outside Valley Forge National Park. Would like to move to Orlando, though!

I am from Mentor Ohio which is about 1/2 hour east of Cleveland. Mentor likes to boast that it is the home of James Garfield. We are right on the shores of Lake Erie here and the weather changes by the minute.

Was born in Altoona Pa and lived there until I was 10. Then moved to Ohio where I have been ever since. But I have to say "Once a Pa girl always a Pa girl". Most of my Aunts, Uncles, Grandparents etc are still in Altoona.

**Hey Sanfran join us at our next pin meet. We had a blast in Lorain a few weeks ago. And we can use all the NE Ohio pintraders we can get.

Cindy

Virginia Beach, Va here, but in 4 months we will be moving to cold & snowy Chicago, IL.
Burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I was born at the Great Lakes Naval Base in Great Lakes Illinois, lived in Waukegan, Illinois for 9 years and moved to Norwalk, California. Lived in a few other towns in the same area until I got married and then went to Bellevue, Nebraska (hubby in Air Force) and then to Anchorage, Alaska. Then it was back to sunny California where I am now in Fullerton.......15 minutes from "Disneyland" Don't plan on going anywhere else, I kinda like it here.
Barbara

Newport born and Newport bred and when we die we'll be Newport dead---Newport News, VA that is. We're smack dab in the middle of Interstate 64 between Richmond & Virginia Beach. My city is known for Newport News Shipbuilding and we build big boats - aircraft carriers and such. Jamestown, the home of a certain Indian maid and John Smith is just to the west and there is a load of historical stuff around here for fans of colonial America. We are 45 minutes from Busch Gardens Williamsburg, voted the most beautiful theme park in America and which is stuffed full of roller coasters too. Used to get really annoyed at those tourist at our home park that would compare it to Disney "out loud" but now I'm one of them!! Miss the mouse every day I'm away!!

Pat

PS to lovingthemouse - We've visited Springfield and love it. The Basketball Hall of Fame rocks!

We're in Southeast FL. Originally from NJ. But still too far from WDW! Would love to move to the Orlando area. :)

Born in Columbia, SC, raised in Stone Mountain, GA. Went to college at GIT (Atlanta, GA), now live in Norcross, GA. :)

Ashley

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter