I75/Florida Toll passes (E-ZPass or Sunpass)

Canadave

DIS Veteran
We are headed to WDW next January. Been a long time since we took this route! I was thinking about getting a toll pass for its convenience. What tolls are on the I75 and in Florida? Does anyone have experience with E-ZPass or Sunpass?

We are headed to WDW next January. Been a long time since we took this route! I was thinking about getting a toll pass for its convenience. What tolls are on the I75 and in Florida? Does anyone have experience with E-ZPass or Sunpass?
I have driven I-75 for decades, and am not aware of any tolls on it in the state of Florida (or the states of Georgia, Tennessee, or Kentucky either). You will exit off of I-75 to get to Disney. Most people take the Florida Turnpike from I-75, which is a toll road operated by the Turnpike Authority (SunPass), and then take State Road 429, a toll road operated by the Expressway Authority (e-pass). You can use a SunPass, e-pass, or an E-ZPass to pay the tolls on any toll road in central Florida. The SunPass and e-pass websites have toll calculators to give you up to date cost information.

I have SunPass myself, the movable one with the suction cups to attach it to the windshield. I set up an account with the make/model of the car and license number and load some funds into the account. The tolls are deducted from my account balance. I have a cc linked so that if my account gets low, it will automatically refill. There is a sticker version that is cheaper to buy, but if you are using a rental car, or don’t want to permanently attach it to your car, the removable one works well.

I have experience with E-ZPass in New York State following the I-95. My recommandation if you want to purchase one you can do so at rest areas in New York. It worked in New York on the same day but it took one day for everything to be sorted out in the other states like NJ, Maryland etc... Apparently that could have been sorted out the same day if you called them but it was a Sunday and the offices were closed.
If you really need it. Purchase it in advance somehow.

I now have the SunPass Pro https://www.sunpass.com/en/about/pro.shtml, have used it for a couple of trips to Florida and the Carolinas. It works everywhere the EzPass works (throughout the Northeast and Southeast except South Carolina - generally toll bridges to the barrier islands), including on several of the toll bridges to the US side. We come from Eastern Ontario so use it at Thousand Islands Bridge crossing and the express lanes through Charlotte NC as well as throughout Florida.

I ordered it online; they deliver to Canada in a few days, and I had my account setup and ready to go before departure. I keep a rolling $10 deposit on the account. It has suction cups mounts so you can use it in multiple vehicles and not have it permanently affixed when you don't need it.

Highly recommended for the convenience and toll savings.

I 2nd the sunpass pro...use it even when we pop to Buffalo at any of the bridges...big thing over the 407,,purchase once..i think its 20bucks..and thats it..no yearly fees

Thanks for your replies folks! After further review, it sounds like Sunpass pro is the we should go. Again....thank you my Dis friends!!

I have a E-PASS Uni from the Central Florida Expressway Authority (CFX) as it was available a few years before SunPass introduced the Pro (IIRC it was the first entire Eastern Seaboard compatible transponder, was originally call XTRA).

It appears that SunPass is using the same hardware now so only difference I can see between it and the Pro currently is the Uni offers a 30% discount on roads managed by CFX and Sunpass doesn't offer any discounts period. If you decide to go with an EZ-PASS pick a state that offers discounts on roads you'll use.

We have the NY based E-Z Pass and have not had any issues with travel to Florida.

Check out the Uni Pass, I heard about when reading Along I75 ( which is an awesome travel guide) not affiliated but makes for an awesome road trip reader. I bought the Uni Pass for something around $20 and they mailed it to Canada. Used on numerous drives down since parents "snowbird" down that way for the winter. It works in a bunch of states along the I75 and I95. Drive through the auto lanes and never had an issue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter