IANA Dollmaker but..

TheOtherVillainess

Luminous beings we are, not this crude matter.....
I've been toying with getting a soft, stuffed doll for DS for months. But I couldn't find any I was happy with. So I decided to make one, but a 'manly' doll for him to play with. But who to model it after? Oh I know..how about one of my favorite TV characters of all time, Lt.Cmdr. Data of the Starship Enterprise? :happytv:

Now I know absolutely NOTHING about dollmaking, so my first attempt fell a little short. I was going to make the uniform, sew it together, stuff it and add a stuffed head and hands. That..didn't go so well. The result is in the trashcan right now.

So I decided to take a different route..sew the body first, then make clothing to fit the body.
Picture 1 --semi-completed body. He's been cut, stitched and stuffed. At first, I wasn't sure how to get the legs stuffed the way I wanted, but then I remembered seeing a dollmaker on a crafting show on cable. She took a chopstick and used it to push the batting down into the legs/arms of her doll and I figured that would work for me too. Only I have no chopsticks. I did, however, find an unsharpened pencil and that worked pretty good.
Close-up of the doll.

TOV

Good job! How are the clothes coming along? I make clothes for DD's 18-inch doll and those tiny seams can really get to me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter