Iceland ABD 2021 News About July Departures?

We learned last night ABD has cancelled our Sept. Iceland trip.
So sorry to hear that! :(

Did they tell you why? Iceland trips have already gone, and Iceland has been open to US travelers for months. I hadn't heard that things were worse in Iceland, but maybe I missed something.

ETA: Oh, poops. As of August 9th, Iceland is listed as a Level 4 "Do Not Travel" warning. I'm assuming that's it.

Sayhello

Wow. We were in Iceland July 14-August 1. On JUly 25, masks became mandatory again and more testing requirements were being put in place. Looks like we timed it right!

Got our full refund from ABD today. Will do Iceland on our own next week. Thankful for the refund. I've spoken to many Icelanders via email who say it's uncrowded and safe to travel so we're going for it! Like other posters on other threads, I think we're safer there then in our hometown as far as COVID exposure. Hope it goes well.

Got our full refund from ABD today. Will do Iceland on our own next week. Thankful for the refund. I've spoken to many Icelanders via email who say it's uncrowded and safe to travel so we're going for it! Like other posters on other threads, I think we're safer there then in our hometown as far as COVID exposure. Hope it goes well.
Hope all goes well! Our summer 2020 ABD Iceland was cancelled and I finally rebooked for summer 2022. Hoping all is well to go by then.

Iceland was beautiful and uncrowded. We preregistered with the country online, took a COVID test at CVS 72 hours before our flight, and wore masks at indoor locations (everyone did with no problem). The locals were very nice. Did two nights on our own in Reykjavik, saw the erupting volcano!, and then drove the Ring Road with a company called Nice Iceland. There were only 7 people on our tour with an Icelandic guide (2 of the 7 were my husband and me). Ended our time with 2 more nights in Reykjavik. We were required to get a COVID test the day before we flew home (at the local bus station for around 50 euros). Interestingly, Icelandair checked our COVID test results. The American customs agent only looked at passport and vaccine card. Entire trip including souvenirs and all meals, guided tours and accommodations in total were $100 less than it would have cost for one of us to do the ABD tour. Glad we went! It was worth it to us to take the time to read about current COVID protocols and get back out there. BTW, I wouldn't recommend renting a car in Iceland in the fall. We experienced unpredictable high winds and road closures, occasional flooding, one lane bridges, unpaved roads, etc. that our guide expertly drove around. And, the guided tour with accommodations actually cost less than a single 4x4 rental car. It's a beautiful country, and I highly recommend it.

this place was absolutely beautiful! We did the Game of Thrones tour - highly recommended. I would love to do a ABD tour to Ireland!!! My next goal for 2022 St. Patty's Day! ;)

theres no need to to an over priced ABD tour in Ireland, DIY either renting a car or using local tour bus companies is a much better way to the country and you will get to see the real Ireland, not a sanitized ye olde Darby O'Gill version of Ireland.

The tour company I would recommend is Paddy Wagon Tours

If you want to come to Ireland for St Patricks Day you should check out the official website St Patricks Festival
St Patricks Festival both the official one and the local parades around the country has been cancelled in 2020 and 201 due to Covid, and all events have been online.

It is far too soon yet to say if the in person events and parades will happen in 2022.

Also PLEASE PLEASE stop saying "ST PATTYS DAY" Its St Patricks Day. Patrick is male name and the short for Patrick is Paddy, which comes from the Irish name for Patrick, Padraig. So its correctly called Paddys Day. Patty is the American term for the short of Patricia. Patty is not used in Ireland for females. Females in Ireland whose name is Patricia are called Pat, Patsy or Tricia.

theres no need to to an over priced ABD tour in Ireland, DIY either renting a car or using local tour bus companies is a much better way to the country and you will get to see the real Ireland, not a sanitized ye olde Darby O'Gill version of Ireland.

The tour company I would recommend is Paddy Wagon Tours

If you want to come to Ireland for St Patricks Day you should check out the official website St Patricks Festival
St Patricks Festival both the official one and the local parades around the country has been cancelled in 2020 and 201 due to Covid, and all events have been online.

It is far too soon yet to say if the in person events and parades will happen in 2022.

Also PLEASE PLEASE stop saying "ST PATTYS DAY" Its St Patricks Day. Patrick is male name and the short for Patrick is Paddy, which comes from the Irish name for Patrick, Padraig. So its correctly called Paddys Day. Patty is the American term for the short of Patricia. Patty is not used in Ireland for females. Females in Ireland whose name is Patricia are called Pat, Patsy or Tricia.
1) thank you for the info on tour companies-I’m goin with a slightly larger group now and either way don’t have enough points to do ABD-the tour companies I’ve been checking with don’t have us there on 3/17 anyway so would defeat the purpose of our trip…. And I will also double check on festivities 2) apologies if I offended you by calling it St. Patty’s day-was not my intention, however I don’t appreciate being scolded, of sorts, in a public forum (or otherwise). The correction is appreciated as it educates an otherwise unknowing potential visitor to the proper ways-just not the “tone” with which it was written. And 3) if you feel the need to “correct” me for anything else, I would appreciate you PM me and not “blast” it on here. Thank you.
PS-I several men named Patrick that go by Pat-is that wrong as well?? (Rhetorical, btw).

1) thank you for the info on tour companies-I’m goin with a slightly larger group now and either way don’t have enough points to do ABD-the tour companies I’ve been checking with don’t have us there on 3/17 anyway so would defeat the purpose of our trip…. And I will also double check on festivities 2) apologies if I offended you by calling it St. Patty’s day-was not my intention, however I don’t appreciate being scolded, of sorts, in a public forum (or otherwise). The correction is appreciated as it educates an otherwise unknowing potential visitor to the proper ways-just not the “tone” with which it was written. And 3) if you feel the need to “correct” me for anything else, I would appreciate you PM me and not “blast” it on here. Thank you.
PS-I several men named Patrick that go by Pat-is that wrong as well?? (Rhetorical, btw).
Yup, civility is important-- and needed! But my beef is with the dismissive "overpriced" swipe-- we DIY sometimes, and sometimes go with a tour group for many reasons, none of which are because of the implied inability residing in the poster's comment. As to price, this had been gone over many times-- and those of us who actually do travel with ABD, Tauck or other groups have done the math (yup, we are capable!) and found the cost vs activity detail/experience well worth it. But I digress-- everyone has their own comfort level/budget and will plan accordingly-- the important thing for me is to get out into the world and see what I can see while I can. When we travel, my mantra is that I am just happy to be there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter