If a wait list matches does the reservation number stay the same?

I assume you have a "backup" reservation already made and you are waiting for a waitlist to come through. When it does the "backup" will be removed and you will get a new reservation number for the waitlist reservation.

Denis

I assume you have a "backup" reservation already made and you are waiting for a waitlist to come through. When it does the "backup" will be removed and you will get a new reservation number for the waitlist reservation.

Denis

Yes, we have a back up. I'm inquiring specifically how the matching wait list may interfere with MDE which has the reservation linked.

Yes, we have a back up. I'm inquiring specifically how the matching wait list may interfere with MDE which has the reservation linked.

I'm wondering the same thing. My first night is Oct 16 and my bands are past the customize stage today. If my waitlist comes through for that 1 night, will I have to customize new bands for that reservation? As far as the fp+ are concerned, I'm not worried about those. They have stayed on my profile without issue even after I changed the first night once already.

I believe everything is tied to your profile, so even if your reservation changes, it shouldn't be an issue. I'm just not sure how everything will work with the bands since during this "test period" they are sending multiple bands to people. I think in the future it will just be one band that "follows" wherever your reservation is. And who knows maybe even now every band we get will work.

I'm wondering the same thing. My first night is Oct 16 and my bands are past the customize stage today. If my waitlist comes through for that 1 night, will I have to customize new bands for that reservation? As far as the fp+ are concerned, I'm not worried about those. They have stayed on my profile without issue even after I changed the first night once already.

I believe everything is tied to your profile, so even if your reservation changes, it shouldn't be an issue. I'm just not sure how everything will work with the bands since during this "test period" they are sending multiple bands to people. I think in the future it will just be one band that "follows" wherever your reservation is. And who knows maybe even now every band we get will work.

Ha and my waitlist just came through! So I'm going to go check if my first set of bands has disappeared and if I need to redo them. Actually now we don't have a move but the 2 reservations are not yet linked into one by dvc. I wonder what will happen.

Ha and my waitlist just came through! So I'm going to go check if my first set of bands has disappeared and if I need to redo them. Actually now we don't have a move but the 2 reservations are not yet linked into one by dvc. I wonder what will happen.

Keep us posted on how. this plays out. :goodvibes

It appears that the first set of bands disappeared once my waitlist came through. I had to link the new reservation to MDE, and since its inside the 30 day window, it told me today was my last day to customize. And I don't know if MS will automatically put my 2 reservations into 1 because I have 2 extra people listed on the second leg that aren't on the first night.

I'm going to say that if your waitlist comes through, especially if its inside that 30 days, go on right away to customize the bands again. Not sure what will happen if they've already shipped your bands for the stay that gets replaced. I just happened to have the waitlist come through the night before the bands would have shipped. At least I don't think they shipped yet. I guess I'll know tomorrow.

On another note, my fp+ picks for Oct 16 did not disappear when my original reservation for that night disappeared. So that's good news.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter