IF DVC resorts were to open by late June or early July....

Island_Lauri

DIS Veteran
IF DVC resorts were to open by late June or early July.... would people from the Tri-State area or Louisiana be able to check-in?

It appears that Florida is still requiring that "Everyone traveling to Florida from New York, New Jersey, Connecticut or Louisiana must self-isolate or self-quarantine for 14 days. "

Just wondering when Gov. DeSantis will get around to lifting this executive order and what it would mean if he didn't.

I m going on July 3rd and will deal with it then. They can’t stop us from checking in but might need to have different restrictions. Ours is a resort only stay so no parks any way.
I've thought about exchanging in via RCI to SSR or OKW and either not going to the parks, or going for say a halloween party or After Hours Party.

What do you typically do on a no park stay? We have 3 kids, is there enough to do to keep them entertained? I'd love to hear your thoughts.

I've thought about exchanging in via RCI to SSR or OKW and either not going to the parks, or going for say a halloween party or After Hours Party.

What do you typically do on a no park stay? We have 3 kids, is there enough to do to keep them entertained? I'd love to hear your thoughts.
Are there even units available via RCI? I would be shocked.

Depends on the age of your kids and their expectations. We've done resorts only with granddaughter (age 3-4) and it was great. We stayed at SSR and went to a different pool every day. We walked over to DS and she rode the carousel and little train and went nuts in all of "Mickey's stores". We let her design a t-shirt. One day we went to Boardwalk area and she loved walking around there. Older kids who are used to the parks might balk at it.

Reactions: cm8

I would say it would be amazing! However, Im
not sure if Community Halls will be open and we utilize that as a huge portion when we do resort only. The Pools, sight seeing at the many other resorts, making use of Disney Transportation ( mainly riding the boats) Taking them to the Lego store in Disney Springs and things like that. To be fair though, this is what we did pre COVID shut down. I have no clue what it will look like now🤔

Are there even units available via RCI? I would be shocked.
While I won't say that exchanges are plentiful, they aren't terribly difficult either. The inventory is mostly limited to SSR and to a much lesser extent OKW. Every once in a while you can see an AKV or one of the others available, but that is pretty rare.

For example, just this week I saw several weeks available in Late August / September -- it seems like things should be open by around then.

Depends on the age of your kids and their expectations. We've done resorts only with granddaughter (age 3-4) and it was great. We stayed at SSR and went to a different pool every day. We walked over to DS and she rode the carousel and little train and went nuts in all of "Mickey's stores". We let her design a t-shirt. One day we went to Boardwalk area and she loved walking around there. Older kids who are used to the parks might balk at it.
That sounds like a nice vacation.

We have twin boys that will be three soon (I was really hoping to get a trip to the parks in before they turn 3 because they are still "Free", but it's just not going to happen with COVID).

Since I'm not a DVC owner, I know that I'm not able to visit other pools, but I've also thought it would be fun to do the water parks for a couple of days.

Did you guys do any of the activities on site?

I would say it would be amazing! However, Im
not sure if Community Halls will be open and we utilize that as a huge portion when we do resort only. The Pools, sight seeing at the many other resorts, making use of Disney Transportation ( mainly riding the boats) Taking them to the Lego store in Disney Springs and things like that. To be fair though, this is what we did pre COVID shut down. I have no clue what it will look like now🤔
Yes, really good point about COVID. We have stayed at both Vero and HHI on cash stays and we absolutely loved the activities going on, but I've gotta think they would be limited with COVID.

In regards to the transportation, I know that my kids would get a kick out of taking the boat to Disney Springs, and I think it would be fun to take them to a character meal at the Contemporary (and ride the monorail).

I think it would be fun to take them to a character meal at the Contemporary (and ride the monorail).
Depends on when and on what conditions they open indoor dining. Chef Mickey everyone is breathing on everyone else.

Mine is an adult trip so most of my ideas aren’t geared to kids! But, one thing you could Do to adapt is visit different resorts for a special treat..though I’m not sire what restrictions will be in place.
We plan to do that for adult treats.

We will also when staying at Bay Lake taken the boat to Wilderness lodge but not gotten off and just did the loop.

We have twin boys that will be three soon (I was really hoping to get a trip to the parks in before they turn 3 because they are still "Free", but it's just not going to happen with COVID).

Since I'm not a DVC owner, I know that I'm not able to visit other pools, but I've also thought it would be fun to do the water parks for a couple of days.

At that age, no other activities. We've gone to HHI since she was a little older and she enjoyed doing some of the planned activities.

If you're required to quarantine for 14 days that means you can't leave your room. There would be no pool or anything else available to you.

However, I would think that restriction will be removed from minimum Louisiana very, very soon. I would guess around June 5 the restriction will be lifted. ;)

One other comment....at SSR there are several totally different pool areas each with different types of slides, etc. So, you can visit all the pools within the resort. Not considered pool hopping.

I had forgotten about this restriction, just looked it up and it appears to still be in place. Let's hope that when the resorts open this restriction will be lifted. The numbers for the states in question have greatly improved since the start of this whole thing so I'm hoping the governor of FL will lift this guideline sometime soon. Keeping my fingers crossed for all of you that have trips planned to WDW in the near future. 🤞

Well, Gov DeSantis is pretty PO'd at the media for calling some governors a god/saint/best gov evah and calling him a terrible governor. He might just keep it in place for spite.

Well, Gov DeSantis is pretty PO'd at the media for calling some governors a god/saint/best gov evah and calling him a terrible governor. He might just keep it in place for spite.

Don’t give him any ideas since I live in one of those king in charge states! Lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter