If I want a wand, can I just go into Olivanders w/o doing the show?

TigerLaw

DIS Veteran
If we are willing to skip the show, can we just walk into Olivanders and buy a wand? If you just want a wand and don't care about the show, what are your options in the parks?

Thanks for the help!

Yes, we just walked in and looked at the wands in a display case. An employee spent a minute or so explaining the different ones and helped us find the one we wanted. (LOL, I say "us" like I let my kids help pick, but I definitely picked it myself. )

You can purchase a wand all over the resort
City walk, Universal Hotels, different locations in the parks. Theres even a card out side of Olivanders to the left where they sell the wands. You will have no problem finding a wand.

I wondered about this. I really want a wand, and the Ollivander's show would be fun to see, but I don't want to take a spot away from a kid whose whole trip might be made on this one experience. Yet I want a wand from Ollivander's! Glad to know I can still go in and get one.

I wondered about this. I really want a wand, and the Ollivander's show would be fun to see, but I don't want to take a spot away from a kid whose whole trip might be made on this one experience. Yet I want a wand from Ollivander's! Glad to know I can still go in and get one.

You can see the show, but you will probably not be selected to see which wand "chooses you." They usually pick a kid to be the star of the show (for lack of a better way to describe it). I don't think being in the audience takes anything away from a child.

You can see the show, but you will probably not be selected to see which wand "chooses you." They usually pick a kid to be the star of the show (for lack of a better way to describe it). I don't think being in the audience takes anything away from a child.

I thought right now they were doing sign ups for the show in the morning and only allowing one group in at a time. Either I misunderstood, or it's now back to the way it was.

I thought right now they were doing sign ups for the show in the morning and only allowing one group in at a time. Either I misunderstood, or it's now back to the way it was.

I am not sure what the current procedure is. If what matters most is getting a wand and not seeing the show, you can buy a wand without seeing the show and give an open slot to a family with children.

I am not sure what the current procedure is. If what matters most is getting a wand and not seeing the show, you can buy a wand without seeing the show and give an open slot to a family with children.

Right, but since I've never been to Universal, I didn't know if I could go into the store and just buy a wand or not. All I knew is that during covid, families had to sign up at the start of the day to do the show. I didn't know if that meant only people doing the show were allowed into the store or not.

Previous posts cleared up my confusion, and I now know I can walk in and buy a wand without having to sign up for a show.

Olivander's has a back entrance. Numerous carts around HP areas have wands.

We bought our son a wand from the main merchandise store in US this past Monday. We went there on the advice from one of the guys at a wand cart in Diagon Alley. Son wanted an Elder Wand, but non-interactive, since he already has a couple of interactives, and really doesn't care about that part of it. Guy at the cart said that Universal is going to selling only interactive wands (and therefore doing away with the non-interactives), and the main store in US by Minions is the only place that still has non-interactives...at least from the main characters.

Another option no one has mentioned is you can order a wand online in advance from the Universal store and bring it with you to parks. Just make sure you pick the interactive ones if you want to do the “spells” in DA and Hogsmeade.

Quick question piggybacking on the subjects of Olivanders and Wands....Is there a way to have a wand pick you without getting picked in the show?

the Universal shop in MCO has wands . . . last time I was there anyway ....

We were there in April and you had to sign up in a small group for the wand ceremony. Neither of our daughters wanted to do that so we just went into the shop. Our kids were having a hard time (there are wands everywhere! It’s really cool to see) and we just asked someone working there. I was amazed how well she knew everything, asking for their birthdays and explaining the “cores” and stuff. They loved it even if it wasn’t the “ceremony” part.

Like people have written above, you can get wands just about anywhere (they even have carts at either Diagon Alley or Hogsmeade) but the experience of going into the shop was pretty cool, both visually and in experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter