• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

If parks close early, where to go with kids?

cancun1991

Earning My Ears
There will be some nights at our stay in Disney where the parks close either 5pm or 8pm. Are there any suggestions on what to do in Orlando (or even Disney World) at this time? The kids won't go to bed until around 10pm.

I know about Disney Quest, Downtown Disney shopping and movies at night at the resorts but I am hoping to get some other suggestions.

Thanks!!

There will be some nights at our stay in Disney where the parks close either 5pm or 8pm. Are there any suggestions on what to do in Orlando (or even Disney World) at this time? The kids won't go to bed until around 10pm.

I know about Disney Quest, Downtown Disney shopping and movies at night at the resorts but I am hoping to get some other suggestions.

Thanks!!
You can visit fort wilderness and watch the free movie and sing-a-long.
You can visit the boardwalk and play some arcade games and check out the resorts.
You can enjoy a round at one of the two disney mini-golf courses or one of the many nearby off-site courses.
You can go to the pool for a while and enjoy the hot tub (my favorite)

. . .Or you can go to bed a bit earlier because you will be wiped out from walking all day.

You can visit fort wilderness and watch the free movie and sing-a-long.
You can visit the boardwalk and play some arcade games and check out the resorts.
You can enjoy a round at one of the two disney mini-golf courses or one of the many nearby off-site courses.
You can go to the pool for a while and enjoy the hot tub (my favorite)

. . .Or you can go to bed a bit earlier because you will be wiped out from walking all day.

Especially the part about going to bed earlier! :rotfl:

You don't mention the ages of the kids, but I would vote for relaxing around the resort and maybe taking a swim. A full day in the parks, even ending early, can wear on you. The suggestions above are also good ones, but I'd push for a rest time.

Sheila

I agree with others that a full park day can wipe adults out nevermind the kids!! If you still need things to do what about swimming at the resort, mini golf, WonderWorks,Ripley's Believe it or not, Titanic Exibit.

Book dinner after the parks close at a resort, explore the resort after you eat, then head to bed. Or just resort hop. Wander around DTD, there is a lot to look at and depending on the ages/genders of your kids ~ you might be at the Lego Store for hours.

Redwitch's suggestion is what we've done on our last 2 Dec WDW trips.

I love exploring the other resorts. You don't say your dates, but Christmas decorations go up early. All the resorts decorate - some more than others.

There are also carriage rides at POR (for a fee).

There will be some nights at our stay in Disney where the parks close either 5pm or 8pm.

The kids won't go to bed until around 10pm.

Well if the park closes at 8 and the kids go to bed at 10, there really isn't much time to fill. I don't where you're staying but by the time you get back there from the park, you can probably grab a snack and it'll be time to get ready for bed.

When the parks close at 5 (when is that?), the other suggestions are good. We would likely do DTD, maybe have dinner there and then walk around. If the weather is nice, you can swim. You can do some outlet shopping. Catch a movie at DTD. Explore one of the resorts. A great offsite place to spend a couple of hours is the Gaylord Palms. Lots to see there. Go to Old Town. Or City Walk at Universal. The Mall at Millenia is nice if you want some regular shopping.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter