If time and transportation were sports we'd never make the playoffs; 2018 spr. break TR *new TR!*

Super late on this but I wanted to add in my I'm so sorry about Ricky's knee. I played basketball my entire life starting in kindergarten and even though I hated my coaches in high school and basically cried every day I don't know what I would have done if it had ended like that. I hope he's able to continue to be apart of the team in some way though!
Thank you so much, I do remember you saying you played in H.S. :) Before school ended last week, Coach told him he still wants him to work at the camp this summer - the boys JV and Varsity teams do a 2 week camp for kids in grades 1-8 at the school. It's before his surgery so that works out well.

And lastly, I've said it before I think, but Chris is my spirit animal
:laughing: Well then let me say I feel bad for your parents!

Yay! Sounds like things are going well!
I guess there was a "rough patch" for a few days right after she went back, but today he was talking about their plans for when she comes up next month so things must be ok now lol.

I tell ya, I love The Poly but that ferry boat at the end of the night is miserable. Our only other alternative is the monorail which is often just as bad.
OMG the resort monorail at park closing can be :scared1:

I was going to say you should reschedule for first week of December! Then you can do tea at the Grand Floridian with me and Raeven!
I am dying to do tea at the GF! Unfortunately then the kids would miss more than just a couple days of school. I've never done Dec. either so it would be cool to get a different month under my belt and of course, meet you :goodvibes

Argh! You know, it’s not like Disney is your job or anything!
Right :rolleyes:

I totally agree! It always feels like if you call one then the bus will arrive right away!
This has happened to us quite a few times! We just tell ourselves the bus won't get there before us lol

We still haven’t ridden PoTC with the update but I already know I won’t like it stupid waste of time and money :sad2:
I love riding BTMRR and Splash Mountain when the fireworks are on or just finished
All the colors so pretty

Poor baby, like I said it's just a different kind of heat down there! Although Georgia is where I got sun poisoning years ago so your sun can't be much better!
That is true...but we are definitely not outside here as much as we are at Disney. I make them go out around 11am most mornings to play but by 11:30 or so they are banging on the door to come back in!

Hey guys! My kids are finally done with school. Ricky was done on the 11th and had a couple finals after that; Chris finished yesterday. I know lots of you are like, in the middle of summer already which is TOTALLY weird to me, because us normal people know summer starts late June and goes until Labor Day :D But we're just getting started! This year is a little bittersweet because it marks the end of Chris's elementary school days as he'll be moving to middle school in Sept. We've been in the elementary school for 11 years, and I've been heavily involved in the PTA all those years, and while this year I pulled away since work got busy I'm really going to miss it. Of course they asked me to stay on and do school pictures next year so I won't be totally gone and that helped yesterday when I left, but it doesn't change the fact that my baby won't be returning! So allow me to showcase the always lovable Mr. Chris DeVizio:

Chris's Moving Up was Wednesday; the pictures came out kind of bad but here's one of him and his Principal who is awesome:

IMG_7999.JPG

Some of his friends after the ceremony with a teacher photobombing:

IMG_8005.JPG

This one is from last week when we went on his 6th grade class trip to Six Flags New England. Can you guess which one is Chris???

IMG_7969.JPG

:sad2: Well, everyone loved that he got the Wonder Woman cape! I actually got his 3 teachers a Wonder Woman Alex & Ani bracelet as their end of year gift because they thought it was hysterical when he and his friend (Adam) ran down the hill toward them in their capes.

Here's a picture of Chris on the slip n slide the school sets up each year for field day and the class picnics,this was at the 6th grade picnic Monday:

chrisww.jpg

That would be the Wonder Woman cape he's wearing .......

And here's a picture of him and his friends outside the school yesterday before we left:

IMG_8030.JPG

Finally, if you aren't friends with me on FB and haven't seen this, here is Chris's (and Ricky's) 1st grade teacher saying good-bye to Chris:

IMG_8033.JPG

Her and I have become good friends over the years, I've watched her boys who are younger and she's driven Chris home quote often. Really going to miss that school :(

Two more, two more! I have to show you one of Steve's Father's Day gifts, inspired by @Jenny Sanders DH Joe!

IMG_7985.JPG

IMG_7986.JPG

The pictures don't do it justice, it's a Tommy Bahama Mickey shirt! So he's all set for our next signature meal in WDW :thumbsup2

Chris finishes up his spring basketball league games tomorrow and I have my DIL's baby shower Sunday. Next week Ricky starts Driver's Ed at 7am; yes, he and 4 of his friends have finished school and now committed themselves to being back at the H.S. at 7am for 3 hours of driving and classroom instruction for 4 weeks, 4 days a week. Next up I'll continue with our March trip; everyone have a good weekend!

his one is from last week when we went on his 6th grade class trip to Six Flags New England. Can you guess which one is Chris???

img_7969-jpg.331941
I love his spunk! I don't care what anyone thinks!

Her and I have become good friends over the years, I've watched her boys who are younger and she's driven Chris home quote often. Really going to miss that school :(
Is this the teacher that helped you convince him that it was ok to go to Disney and miss school?

Good luck to Chris next year!!! Morgan starts 5th grade next year, and that is the last year in the grammar school for her. I can't believe it! I did have a bit of I am old feeling on Friday.

img_7986-jpg.331943

The pictures don't do it justice, it's a Tommy Bahama Mickey shirt! So he's all set for our next signature meal in WDW :thumbsup2
OMG!!!! I love this shirt! And Steve TOTALLY can pull it off! I am not sure if Andy could.

Next week Ricky starts Driver's Ed at 7am; yes, he and 4 of his friends have finished school and now committed themselves to being back at the H.S. at 7am for 3 hours of driving and classroom instruction for 4 weeks, 4 days a week.
Getting your drivers liscense is TOTALLY worth going back to school. Good Luck!!! I am NOT looking foraward to this milestone!

Hey guys! My kids are finally done with school. Ricky was done on the 11th and had a couple finals after that; Chris finished yesterday. I know lots of you are like, in the middle of summer already which is TOTALLY weird to me, because us normal people know summer starts late June and goes until Labor Day :D But we're just getting started! This year is a little bittersweet because it marks the end of Chris's elementary school days as he'll be moving to middle school in Sept. We've been in the elementary school for 11 years, and I've been heavily involved in the PTA all those years, and while this year I pulled away since work got busy I'm really going to miss it. Of course they asked me to stay on and do school pictures next year so I won't be totally gone and that helped yesterday when I left, but it doesn't change the fact that my baby won't be returning! So allow me to showcase the always lovable Mr. Chris DeVizio:

Chris's Moving Up was Wednesday; the pictures came out kind of bad but here's one of him and his Principal who is awesome:

View attachment 331944

Some of his friends after the ceremony with a teacher photobombing:

View attachment 331945

This one is from last week when we went on his 6th grade class trip to Six Flags New England. Can you guess which one is Chris???

View attachment 331941

:sad2: Well, everyone loved that he got the Wonder Woman cape! I actually got his 3 teachers a Wonder Woman Alex & Ani bracelet as their end of year gift because they thought it was hysterical when he and his friend (Adam) ran down the hill toward them in their capes.

Here's a picture of Chris on the slip n slide the school sets up each year for field day and the class picnics,this was at the 6th grade picnic Monday:

View attachment 331951

That would be the Wonder Woman cape he's wearing .......

And here's a picture of him and his friends outside the school yesterday before we left:

View attachment 331949

Finally, if you aren't friends with me on FB and haven't seen this, here is Chris's (and Ricky's) 1st grade teacher saying good-bye to Chris:

View attachment 331950

Two more, two more! I have to show you one of Steve's Father's Day gifts, inspired by @Jenny Sanders DH Joe!

View attachment 331942

View attachment 331943

Chris finishes up his spring basketball league games tomorrow and I have my DIL's baby shower Sunday. Next week Ricky starts Driver's Ed at 7am; yes, he and 4 of his friends have finished school and now committed themselves to being back at the H.S. at 7am for 3 hours of driving and classroom instruction for 4 weeks, 4 days a week. Next up I'll continue with our March trip; everyone have a good weekend!

I love all the school pics! So sweet.

Congrats on the end of the school year! We finished on May 31 here and that is a week later than we normally do because we had a statewide teacher walkout. Of course we always go back to school around August 15 or so. Loving your report and can't wait to hear more!

First, we check out the acrobats in Africa that Steve and I love!
I love them too! A must do for me every time. :)

Steve waited with him until it came and, this was so weird for such a busy time, Chris was going to be the only one on the bus. Steve didn't like that. I know, he rather Chris be with a bus full of strangers lol but I would, too in this case. So Steve texted me that he was riding back with Chris and would then come back to AK.............
I would have done exactly the same thing. Kudos to Steve for being a great Dad!

ut I feel they ruined it and they've ruined the ride for me.
Hey, I'm entitled to my opinion!
Oh no! I will see it for the first time in August and know that I am NOT going to be happy!

When we came out we saw that BTMRR had a 20 minute wait so we booked it over there, and as we were walking up the entrance HEA started:
Nothing like BTMR during fireworks!

It was very nice just being with Ricky in MK for that short period of time and since Pirates was one he'd wanted to really do when we'd been in MK earlier in the trip, I'm glad we fit that in as bad as I felt about missing the safari. However, his knee bothering him bothered me and Chis's rash was, too. It wasn't the last we saw of the rash and all we can figure is heat rash. It couldn't have been anything from Nomad since it went on for a few days. But the benadryl helped him sleep that night!
Poor Chris! Glad it wasn't a major reaction but I am sure you were worried just the same.

Great picture! I am sure Chris will do well in Junior High. My boys are writing exams now but they are done on Tuesday. Jack's grade 12 graduation is on Thursday! Where did the time go???

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY TO ALL THE DADS, HUSBANDS, GRANDFATHER'S ETC. OUT THERE!
I hope everyone has a great day. Since ours is just starting I'm not sure exactly what we're doing other than all the kids coming over. I have to post a picture of Steve's gift later after he opens it because it was inspired by a fellow DISer's DH. He hasn't opened it yet because it's hidden in Chris's room and both kids are still sleeping :faint:
Happy Fathers Day to Steve! Hope you all had a great day. We spent most of the day at a local brewery, so Jason was a happy Dad!

Chris wanted to go back to the room so Steve walked him to the buses. We were going to have him take the bus to WL by himself - yes, yup we were! He's 12. And he's been here numerous times and he's like 12 going on 93. Steve waited with him until it came and, this was so weird for such a busy time, Chris was going to be the only one on the bus. Steve didn't like that. I know, he rather Chris be with a bus full of strangers lol but I would, too in this case. So Steve texted me that he was riding back with Chris and would then come back to AK.............
I can't believe there was no one else on the bus. But good for Steve for heading back with him. I don't want Casey to grow up, but then again having her roll solo on occasion does sounds liberating.

ven ITTBAB had a 45 minute wait so our only option without a wait right was the Nemo show which he had no interest in seeing. I got on my phone and actually found a 7:45 FP for POTC, which we'd wanted to ride on our previous MK day but couldn't get. This sparked Ricky's interest and he decided he wanted to go there instead.
Awesome idea!

img_8416-jpg.330323

I know this is old news now as many of you have seen this. I do not like it. Not because I was/am against the change per se but because I don't think it fits at all. I think it looks stupid. I guess those who are riding it now for the first time won't blink an eye as they won't have anything to compare it to so I'm sure they'll feel it fits, but I never will.
I haven't seen this yet, but so don't get it. Why something can be ok for 40+ years but suddenly not in 2018 is just beyond me.

After our wild ride on a runaway train, Ricky declared his knee had pretty much had enough but he'd like to do one more ride. We walked through Fantasyland and IASW had a 5 minute wait so we did that, which was a nice way to end our night. We did stop for a Mickey pretzel before going to the exit :goodvibes
Poor guy, but he certainly did hang in there. Love how he rode IASW too.

I know lots of you are like, in the middle of summer already which is TOTALLY weird to me, because us normal people know summer starts late June and goes until Labor Day
Weird to me too, though the started us back before labor day this year for the first time ever. I'm hopeful it goes back to after labor day so we can get some slower disney time in :-)

img_7999-jpg.331944
I can't believe he is off to middle school already!

img_7969-jpg.331941

Too funny!!!!! Gotta love a boy who will wear a wonder woman cape

img_7985-jpg.331942
This is great. Wonder if Jason would like something like that??? In of course similar theming Jason got RunDisney space mountain shoes for fathers day :-)

I know lots of you are like, in the middle of summer already which is TOTALLY weird to me, because us normal people know summer starts late June and goes until Labor Day :D
Exactly! :snooty:

This year is a little bittersweet because it marks the end of Chris's elementary school days as he'll be moving to middle school in Sept.
Awww, bittersweet indeed! Congrats to Chris, though :goodvibes

Can you guess which one is Chris???
:rotfl:

I know lots of you are like, in the middle of summer already which is TOTALLY weird to me, because us normal people know summer starts late June and goes until Labor Day :D
School doesn’t finish up here until the end of this week, which is a week later than normal. They added 10 days to the school year but there’s no extra instruction days for students, it’s “professional development” days for teachers. My DD has admitted to watching “Coco” and “Annie” in class this past week so I have to wonder if the extra days were necessary

So I have been enjoying reading your trip report.

But let me just say, for some reason, I got all emotional reading your posts about Chris' gratuation from elementary school. For some reason it brought back a flood of memories of my son (who is now 24) moving from 8th grade to high school. How do they grow up so fast???!!!

Can't wait to hear more about the trip and love the Mickey shirt!

I know this is old news now as many of you have seen this. I do not like it. Not because I was/am against the change per se but because I don't think it fits at all. I think it looks stupid. I guess those who are riding it now for the first time won't blink an eye as they won't have anything to compare it to so I'm sure they'll feel it fits, but I never will. And I know some of you disagree and that's fine :thumbsup2 So I will leave it here. But I feel they ruined it and they've ruined the ride for me.
Hey, I'm entitled to my opinion!
We saw the new redhead scene and I'm not sure that it is an improvement.

Chris wanted to go back to the room so Steve walked him to the buses. We were going to have him take the bus to WL by himself - yes, yup we were! He's 12. And he's been here numerous times and he's like 12 going on 93. Steve waited with him until it came and, this was so weird for such a busy time, Chris was going to be the only one on the bus. Steve didn't like that. I know, he rather Chris be with a bus full of strangers lol but I would, too in this case. So Steve texted me that he was riding back with Chris and would then come back to AK.............
We've ridden the BC bus to AK solo before but since the WL bus shares with the CR, it usually has a lot of people on it. I can understand why Steve rode back with Chris. It does feel creepy when no one else is on the bus.

As we walked out we were SO thankful for our boat back to WL and very happy we weren't guests who had to take the ferry, because the park wasn't even closed yet and this was the ferry line:
The boat back to WL is always the best way to go. We only stay for the fireworks when we are at the WL because of the boat. :)

The pictures don't do it justice, it's a Tommy Bahama Mickey shirt! So he's all set for our next signature meal in WDW
That is a really nice shirt. :)

Steve's Fathers Day shirt is awesome.

I haven't been on pirates since the change but I agree it doesn't fit in with theme of the ride.

Your Magic Kingdom evening sounds like a perfect way to end the day. One on one time with your kids is so special.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter