If WDW only offered early AM or late PM, which would you prefer?

Do you prefer early AM or late PM for extra park time?

• Early AM

• Late PM

Results are only viewable after voting.
I understand neither is offered now, but early is on it's way back.

Just want to see if one is more desirable than the other.

For me, it's later hours for sure. The parks are just better suited to be enjoyed at night with everything all lit up IMO.

Waking up extra early on vacation to go on roller coasters just doesn't appeal to me.

Having to wake my kids extra early on vacation to do those same things really doesn't appeal to me!
Early!

I would imagine more people would go with Late PM. I feel it is easier to stay awake later than get up early in the morning,
though I used to get reservations at the Crystal Palace just to get into the park early. It is cool to take a photo of Main Street
with just about no one there.

The poll is flawed.

30 mins in the evening isn't even enough time to clear out the long queues of normal park guests.

Also there is nothing saying Disney can't just be open later to everyone they just are working on reduced hours still.

9am is hardly "early" which is normal hours right now for opening with Epcot being 11am.
Noted, thank you. I will cancel my plans to publish these results in a scientific journal.

I prefer extra late hours. The proposed 30-minute early entry doesn't hold much value to me. How much can one do in 30 minutes? Eliminating PM EMH is another strong diminishment in Disney vacation value.

Being that I'm coming from CA, I'll got with late. It's bad enough the parks open at 9am, which is 6am on my CA internal clock. But I remember doing evening Magic Hours once and thought it was pretty amazing. The parks empty after fireworks (MK) and it's pretty magical.

I love the late hours. The cooler temps in the summer, the lack of sun. It’s so magical at night. And we love to start our day swimming and head to the parks for a long afternoon and evening. I think we have done early morning hours once in all the years we have been going. One of the most memorable years for me is when Pandora opened and we could go to Animal Kingdom late. I think we were there almost every night of the trip.

To add, my real hope is that the parks just plain stay open later! Forget an extra couple hours at one park at night, let's have all the parks be open until 9 or later!

At least 10 for AK, DHS and MK.

Except on an after dark ticketed event, then you can close the park at 9 and let me have fun from 9 to midnight! ;)

To add, my real hope is that the parks just plain stay open later! Forget an extra couple hours at one park at night, let's have all the parks be open until 9 or later!

Except on an after dark ticketed event, then you can close the park at 9 and let me have fun from 9 to midnight! ;)
This 100%

I understand neither is offered now, but early is on it's way back.

Just want to see if one is more desirable than the other.

For me, it's later hours for sure. The parks are just better suited to be enjoyed at night with everything all lit up IMO.

Waking up extra early on vacation to go on roller coasters just doesn't appeal to me.

Having to wake my kids extra early on vacation to do those same things really doesn't appeal to me!

Early cause my kid wakes up early and is always ready to go. She does not do well staying up late, though.

They use to be open to 9, 10 or 11(mainly MK), and then the 3 hours of EMH would kick in and usually after midnight all rides were walk on. We have taken many of photos in front of the castle late at night without having other people in them, so morning is not the only time you can do that. Plus over the last few years RD has become crazy with people lining up 1+ hours before RD and then a big mob heading into the park, to us, it lost it's magic feel. But the big thing for me, is that EMH was a perk for paying the overpriced resort fees that WDW charges, and a whopping 30 minutes extra in the morning is not much of a perk:( ANd unfortunately I think you may be right that they will probably come up with an after hours park ticket, to suck more $$ out of us:(

Late nights at the parks was always our favorite time. After the fireworks, we would just hang out and loved it once the crowds cleared out. Cheers!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
We are from California, so we loved the evening extra hours because it was generally less crowded and we stayed on California time, so even if the parks were open until 2 AM (remember when that used to happen at Magic Kingdom?), that was like 11 PM to us, not a big deal.

Early morning is great because it can really set you up well for the rest of your day, but night time is my absolute favorite - nothing better than walking around the parks late at night with less crowds.

Since I am an offsite visitor who loves to do rope drop, I'd prefer the p.m. EMH for the resort guests, so those in the 40,000 + hotel rooms on Disney property don't get there earlier than me. I love being one of the first people in the park and get so much done in the morning when that's the case. I'm a bit of a bean counter personality, though, who really likes the value of renting offsite timeshare condos from owners and do quite a bit that is not Disney on trips too (visit relatives in the area, go to SeaWorld, etc.) That means that the EMH in the morning aren't enough for me to stay onsite. It's a nice perk for sure though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter