If you are going to stay offsite...

Kaitysmom

<font color=blue>My DD got picked as the Big Kahun
I have tried twice and not been happy either time - both at DD hotels. The absolute worst experience we had was using the free shuttle system. We had a rental car but thought we'd relax and use their free shuttle - save on parking, etc. Well, we got there ok and had a great day at AK. When the park closed we went out and waited for our bus. Nothing. We waited, and waited, and waited. Meanwhile everybody else is leaving and we're standing around like idiots. When the parking lot was empty and dark we made a quick call to the hotel and they told us they had been there and gone. We couldn't understand it! Turns out the bus had a sign for Cape Canaveral in the window. They didn't bother to change it (they had to borrow a bus as the hotel shuttle bus had broken down) We were supposed to know what parking space was theirs (they didn't tell us)

They came back for us in the end but we were there for almost two hours. What fun! If you use their transportation, make sure you know where they'll be when you leave the park!!!!

i would try another disney resort, not a downtown one though
the buses are not that bad!!

sorry you had such a rotten time, we are staying w/my parents
at their timeshare at Vistana Resort and it looks nice.
We have stayed at Embassy Suites, they were wonderful.
there are lots of nice off sites, but i would not stay off sight
unless
it was free (which it is for me)

have you looked into HIFS (holdiay inn family suites)?
http://www.sixcontinentshotels.com/holiday-inn?_franchisee=DISFS

this looks very nice!!!

I am sure that most don't experience this kind of thing. I never considered that finding my bus could be an issue. Hopefully I have helped someone else avoid an "adventure" in a WDW parking lot.

Okay folks, we are going to seaworld and universal, trying to decide to stay offsite in a nice but way cheaper motel then move into wdw resort for the remainder of holiday, is this what most do, or do they venture to these other parks from their wdw resort so not to move too often. We are looking at 50.00 vrs 200 at the poly. Thanks

Deb.

It depends on when you are going as far as prices go, but I have found the moderates at WDW have far exceeded the DD hotels!!!! Even the budget hotels. If I was staying offsite and wanted to get a great deal, I'd go further than DD but that was just my experience. If price is an issue I wouldn't stay deluxe and I'd try to get a discounted rate onsite.

If you plan to have a car for your stay, you can drive to all the parks from your resort. We have done this and it worked out great! I found it not much worse than being on the monorail really.

I personally don't like to move in and out of hotels, you can't help but waste a good part of a day doing this, but you can save a lot of money.

We don't spend a whole lot of time in our room when we are there, so maybe that's why the moderates were good for us. I have a really hard time justifying the deluxe prices because we really don't take advantage of the amenities. We are staying one night at the Poly this trip, but I am planning to spend the day there at the hotel and rest up for our trip home.

Good luck deciding what to do! I was lured away with a $25/night deal at DD and have regretted it ever since - my second DD attempt, not the one with the bus fiasco. Other people love staying offsite - just not for us!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter