If you were to choose, WHICH view is worth the points? BLT theme park or Boardwalk?

BLT theme park is >> Boardwalk view for the fireworks only. While you have a somewhat restricted view of EPCOT fireworks, the fireworks from MK is totally worth it.

Good luck with your waitlist! I think a request of highest floor possible (I know thats what everyone asks for) might snag you a really magical room.

The thing about a fireworks view is that I'm never in my room when they happen so there's really no point. Again, I'd rather people watch because you can't do that at many other places.

Last edited:

I’ve never been disappointed in TPV, while Boardwalk view was one and done for us.

I would be weary of the boardwalk view depending on your traveling dates. They seem to be having some issues currently and going into May
What issues are they having? We will be there for 13 days three weeks from now. Is there anything that we should be concerned about?

Last edited:
Theme Park view for the win!
I know the Castle view is very special to many. I have had that view numerous times at BLT (usually by accident or only room left) and thought so much of the view is far away and the parking lot is so evident. I understand why everyone loves the Castle but we would never purposely ask for it. Much prefer the marina/tennis court /peaceful view. BUT AGAIN, we don't have little children anymore so I understand the love of it.

What issues are they having? We will be there fore 13 days three weeks from now. Is there anything that we should be concerned about?
They've been moving people from BW view villas to other locations just this past week or so. Apparently they had to re-do or complete some of the refurbishment work in some of those villas. Hopefully they'll be done before you arrive and won't have to move you.

I personally wont do BLT again until they final redo those rooms. Get a VGF room with a lake view for a similar effect.

What issues are they having? We will be there for 13 days three weeks from now. Is there anything that we should be concerned about?
Well, today there’s a post from someone who was upgraded from P/G to BW view! So hopefully the problems, whatever they were, are resolved, and you can enjoy your trip!

We won’t do boardwalk view again. The view is great. But boats are in and out every few minutes honking the horns. Starts early and ends late.

The thing about a fireworks view is that I'm never in my room when they happen so there's really no point. Again, I'd rather people watch because you can't do that at many other places.
Important to know that, other than fireworks time, BLT fireworks view is really just a parking lot view. It’s not worth it IMO unless you plan on being there most nights at fireworks time.

Not helpful for this conversation but my favorite view of all time was the 3BD at copper overlooking the water, though my son might argue for the bungalows instead. I also really like the views from VGF. I wish they had theme park views from the larger villas. We just aren’t a studio family!

TBH, the boat horns have never bothered either one of us during our stays in a BW view. If I had heard them which I don't believe is often, it hasn't been enough to bother me or keep me awake. Those balcony doors keep the room fairly quiet for the most part. Besides, I don't sleep in, I want to enjoy my morning coffee out on the balcony.

Last edited:
I'd really just base it on which parks you prefer more. MK? BLT. Epcot? BW.

I really liked our BW view room last month but idk, seeing the fireworks over the castle from your room hits different even though we were in a lake view we had a great view of the fireworks from BLT. Maybe give a slight preference to BW just because the rooms at BLT haven't been refurbed yet but really can't go wrong with either.

Personally I don't think any DVC view is worth the upgrade except for Aulani Ocean.

If I had extra points to burn, I'd either upgrade villa size or add nights.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter