If you won a Dream Fastpass did you end up using it?

I am not that familiar with how to win. Just how do you win the passes or anything for that matter? I would have thought it was upon entering a park but it sounds different by reading this thread. Thanks for your help!! We are going next week, can't wait!!

You really do have to be in the right place at the right time. We got ours at around 10:00 just as we were entering where you go onto the car in Buzz Lightyear. The woman looked like she had about 30 or 40 of them in her hand. I would have felt terrible for the person who had just missed it and I was worried as we were approaching whether we would miss out but a woman had asked my DH how many were in our party so I guess they want to make sure the entire party gets it.

The lines were light so we didn't even use them so I have a nice souvenier.

I would have felt terrible for the person who had just missed it
I think they give them out based on how many people are lined up for a certin attraction, so no one has to the one who just missed out on winning. For example when my Dad and I won them we got them just before going on the car for the Backlout Tour and before that we were all told to stop, then us along with everyone else got them. If you have ever seen the Backlout Tour 1st you see a demonstration of how water scenes are made and then all those people move onto the next phase. So it's not like a ride where the line keeps moving where someone will be un lucky and not win, because the person in front of them did.

I think they give them out based on how many people are lined up for a certin attraction, so no one has to the one who just missed out on winning. For example when my Dad and I won them we got them just before going on the car for the Backlout Tour and before that we were all told to stop, then us along with everyone else got them. If you have ever seen the Backlout Tour 1st you see a demonstration of how water scenes are made and then all those people move onto the next phase. So it's not like a ride where the line keeps moving where someone will be un lucky and not win, because the person in front of them did.

It wasn't like that in Buzz but I know what you mean. The woman that handed our pass out was right where Buzz is in the turnstile which you know is right before the end before you go through to get to your car. The woman asking how many are in your party was in the turnstile right in front of her so if they were about to run out and that woman stopped the line then those people would see why. I'm sure it did happen because when we got ours she was right down to her last few.

It wasn't like that in Buzz but I know what you mean. The woman that handed our pass out was right where Buzz is in the turnstile which you know is right before the end before you go through to get to your car. The woman asking how many are in your party was in the turnstile right in front of her so if they were about to run out and that woman stopped the line then those people would see why. I'm sure it did happen because when we got ours she was right down to her last few.
This is just a guess but maybe when the Dream Team Cast Member runs out of Dream Fastpasses they leave right away, so other guests don't notice them and end up being disappointed. Although I would rather take not winning a Dream Fastpass, then being the person in back of someone who won a bigger prize like the Castle stay, because then the questions of what if I only left before them and etc?

fastpass.jpg

As you can see we did not get to use it because we walked on everything. It was great to keep it intact.

We won October 2006 in EPCOT. Cast Member Elton hinted at the location at the rope drop before the opening. We ran to Journey Into Imagination With Figment and the Dreamteam was waiting for us. Elton was such a great guy and a lot of fun. It was really neat to see him featured on a Walt Disney Worl Year of a Million Dreams commercial.

We are going again in October 2007 and can not wait to see if we can win again. I am hoping for the Night in Cinderella's Castle.

FanOfPixar
Disney World -- Contempary -- 1975 (I think, very young at the time)
Disney World -- Ft. Wilderness -- 1981 (again an estimate)
Disney World -- Off site -- Senior High Class trip -- 1986
Disney World -- Polynesian -- 1987 -- last trip w/parents
Disney Land -- 1997-2001 -- Many trips, my boss’s favorite place to take clients
Disney Land -- 2004 -- Offsite --Started my pin addiction!!!
Disney World -- 2005 -- Caribbean Beach Resort

This is just a guess but maybe when the Dream Team Cast Member runs out of Dream Fastpasses they leave right away, so other guests don't notice them and end up being disappointed. Although I would rather take not winning a Dream Fastpass, then being the person in back of someone who won a bigger prize like the Castle stay, because then the questions of what if I only left before them and etc?

I never did see how she left because as she gave them to us we went through and right onto the car but maybe that is why the other woman was in the turnstile ahead of her taking the count. Nevertheless, people going through the turnstile could clearly see what was going on just due to the excitement alone when we all got them so they knew something was going on.

We won them in Epcot over near the baby center and Mexico. We ended up using them for Soarin' although now that I think about it, we could of not used them since the line was so short.

On October 5,07 my husband and I were walking on the trail in Asia at the
AK when a cast member stopped us to talk. She then said it was okay to go on and when we went around a bend in the trail there was the Dream Squad
and they asked us if we knew about the YOMD and then gave us Dream Fast Passes. This was around 10 AM. Now we had been at AK earlier in the week and we were only at this park to meet a friend who lived in Celebration. AK is the closet park to the Disney town so we really didn't need these passes. My husband took a picture of me with the pass and then we found a newly married couple and presented them with these passes. They were thrilled and I'll always remember how their faces lit up when I gave them these special passes. So in a way it still was magical !
This was the only time the whole week we were there that we saw any prizes being given out or even seeing any dream squad teams.

That was a really sweet thing you did:thumbsup2 You really made this newly married couple's day even better.

See what being in Disney can do to people? Now if the whole world could open their hearts and be kind to everyone this world would be a much better place:love:

We won Dream Fastpasses in Epcot on our 1st wedding anniversary - we did use most of the tabs :goodvibes it was really fun to do so!

It's especially meaningful for us, because of the date on it :bride:

Got them at DLR one trip. . .good for both DL and DCA, my son and I used the fastpasses but really did not want to take the tabs off. So, we found a photopass photographer to take pics of them before we started using tabs. . .A great scrapbook memory. . .

If I got them at the "world", I would use them as well. One other thing, at DLR in California, the fastpasses are good at both parks and you automatically get free entry into the second park (if you don't have a hopper or annual pass - which we did).

We won the passes last December in MGM. We used everything except the Lights Motor Action Stunt Show which was closed for the day (big bummer...we really wanted to see it again) and the Voyage of Little Mermaid.

It's just DH and me and DH thought we would look silly on VOLM. I kind of wanted to go, but while waiting we saw a little girl with her parents who really looked like she wanted to go. Dad was looking at his watch like they might not have enough time to do it. So we gave our passes to them and mom and the little girl rode. Honestly, seeing that little girl get so excited about being able to ride was FAR more rewarding than if we had used the passes ourselves.:wizard:

We got 6 DreamFastPasses, one for each family member, at MK last May. We were given them while leaving Peter Pans Flight. We had already been in the park a few hours and our toddler was DONE. We let the older kids use a cople of the tabs...then let them save one unused pass each as a souvenir...then passed out 4 (2 unused, 2 partially used) on our way down Main St. It seems like the right thing to do, it made someone happy, and really, how many souvenirs do we need?

We won twice on 12/12 at Animal Kingdom--first in Dinoland (Ironic because I don't like Dinoland) and again coming off The safari ride--we used one set & kept the other intact--it was really exciting to win these--didn't see the dream team any other time while there

We were lucky enough to win them in the MK on 12/9. It was the first day of our trip and my daughters 18th birthday. We got to MK at rope drop, walked on Pirates, walked on Splash and when leaving Splash won the passes. The park got pretty busy being a Sunday so we ended up using pretty much all of the tabs. Never saw the dream team again the whole next week but it was a cool way to start our trip.

Yes! We won ours at MK and used all but 3 tabs, I believe. It was so much fun to actually win something!

My mom and I won them in DCA a few months back. We didn't use them, just wore then all day. I didn't know that we could have gotten into Disneyland that day to! What a bummer! I have never heard this before.

I won mine at Star Tours; everything was walk-in that day at MGM, so I just kept it as a souvenir.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter