• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Iger is back and Chapek is out...

Premier pass would be better than Genie+ and reduce stress.

Also, why are all the dining locations going downhill? Ohana, Steakhouse71?

Bring back lights motor action at Hollywood Studios (loved it). Make the new areas more kid friendly (Woody’s playground (with a horse), banshee and direhorse carousel, ride Jaja binks or a Ewok.) Creativity is lacking (see it in all the low quality polyester clothing as well).

Iger is only signing on for two years to basically train his successor, so he probably already knows who that person is (Demaro?) and that person will most likely be running Disney hand in hand with Iger during the transition
De’Amaro would certainly be a choice supported by parks division cast members.

Demand remains high, thus I don’t see any positive changes in regards to cost.

But Iger “gets” Disney magic, he “gets” imagineering, he just “gets” Disney. Chapek never did, and never will. You can’t fake that.

One thing that will instantly change… morale. A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow begins with Iger on top 🙂
Disney stock up 8 percent in pre market. It’s really amazing how universally hated Chapek was.

And how long will it be until people are cursing his name like they curse Chapek's? People have short memories and short tempers.

Iger understands how to make money for the shareholders AND make the guests feel special. It may take some time, but a return to how things felt before Covid will happen. But remember Iger is the one who wanted the IP injection into the parks. So if you don’t like that, that won’t change.

Although this is very welcome news we are still not planning a trip to WDW on our next vacation from the UK. Until all the hurdles are removed that we have to jump over just to get into a park and the on-site benefits are reinstated, there is little point. I hope Iger comes in like a bulldozer but we know that won't happen. Hurdles, Genie+ etc are here to stay....and that's why we will not return, much to our disappointment.

I think after all of the Covid/cost saving measures put in place (whether planned before Iger left or not), we will see a few rollbacks in the parks for great PR to give the public the perception that the “nickel and dime-ing” everyone hates on is gone. My predictions for the next 12 months for parks:

- stripped out version of Magical Express returns with no luggage delivery and possible only for people staying so many nights
- annual passes return
-dining package returns
-variable pricing rolled back to some degree on things like genie plus

I could also see the possible push to get a new IT team to overhaul the app/website - a major thorn in many people’s sides.

The the icing on the cake - new CEO is announced in about a year along with firmer plans about the Magic Kingdom expansion and Animal Kingdom Dinoland changeover. Iger and new CEO create the plan, then new CEO gets the glory of opening it. This is likely the new CEO’s sink or swim moment from the parks fan prospective.

My predictions may be all wrong, but this is my initial gut feeling upon hearing the news.

The Bobs are both bean counters and hold similar views ...Igor will provide a better optic. Bob the First won't be as vocal but will carry on in his predecessors footsteps ...more of the same. JMO

I wonder if we see an attempt to woo back annual pass holders like removing park reservations requirements for AP and elimination of park hopping restrictions.

We got special luggage tags for our Dec trip, so maybe some form of luggage delivery is coming back.

They’re just name tags, but that’s one thing that made things different and magical.

De’Amaro would certainly be a choice supported by parks division cast members.
Yes but I think Chapek proved your resume must be more diverse to lead a diverse product company.

Iger understands how to make money for the shareholders AND make the guests feel special. It may take some time, but a return to how things felt before Covid will happen. But remember Iger is the one who wanted the IP injection into the parks. So if you don’t like that, that won’t change.
I think he’ll improve the park experience but I wouldn’t look for some things to come back or others go away.

Personally thinking IP are a positive to parks like Epcot.

Although this is very welcome news we are still not planning a trip to WDW on our next vacation from the UK. Until all the hurdles are removed that we have to jump over just to get into a park and the on-site benefits are reinstated, there is little point. I hope Iger comes in like a bulldozer but we know that won't happen. Hurdles, Genie+ etc are here to stay....and that's why we will not return, much to our disappointment.
I agree those changes you want likely won’t happen in big ways.

I wonder if we see an attempt to woo back annual pass holders like removing park reservations requirements for AP and elimination of park hopping restrictions.
Highly doubtful. Perhaps give us a few more park days to reserve.

He needs firing immediately- he fell totally in line with the disasterous ‘Chapek Vision’ as far as I can tell.
He either fell in line or Chapek would have fired him.

The Bobs are both bean counters and hold similar views ...Igor will provide a better optic. Bob the First won't be as vocal but will carry on in his predecessors footsteps ...more of the same. JMO
CEO has to be a bean counter, difference is how do you do it. Chapek was a product/retail/distribution guy. AKA DisMart. He made money with reducing production costs and raising prices. Results in short term but long term can’t sustain. His bubble burst.

The chances of me and my family ever returning improved slightly. Still need to see some positive steps in the right direction, but nothing can be worse than what we've experienced with Chapek.
Same. We all decided after our trip this week(after 30 years of Disney) that we are done going to Disney. I'll be interested to see what happens now with Iger back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter