Ignore. Just practicing posting pics

A bit earlier in the thread, there was talk of kazoos. A picture was posted of a yellow one with red trim. I mentioned that we had 2 like that as well as 2 red with yellow trim. I'm a bit late, but here is a pic of our red kazoo.

I took all the pics with my cellphone, which explains the blurriness.

Photo0194.jpg

As I was raiding some of my mom's stuff tonight for the kazoo, I found some more things:

Tickets from breakfast with Melvin Moose aka Pioneer Hall Breakfast Show
Photo0203.jpg

and a close up.
Photo0204.jpg

The following pictures don't have anything to do with the Fort, but I thought that they were interesting, nonetheless.

These tickets are numbered tickets for free admission to EPCOT. My mom doesn't remember exactly when she got them, but it was prior to EPCOT's opening. Since there are only 3 tickets, my assumption is that they were obtained in relation to their 1980 trip. That trip was just my parents and brother, as I was not quite around just yet. :)
Photo0200.jpg

Left close up (you can kinda see the numbering on the bottom left)
Photo0202.jpg

Right close up. It's a bit blurry, but you can kinda see in the bottom right where it says "Special Edition Commemorative Ticket"
Photo0201.jpg

And here's the wording on the back of the ticket
Photo0199.jpg

This isn't AS interesting, but while I'm posting pictures:
Photo0195.jpg

close up
Photo0197.jpg

Yoda Girl, these pics are awesome! Thanks for sharing.

I used to have an "official" Mickey Mouse Club button. You signed up in a local Department Store and received a bunch of cool stuff. Sadly I don't think we still have any of it. Sure wish I did right now.

TCD will probably try to con you out of those Kazoos.

Just warning you. Be careful. :laughing:

Wow YG!! That stuff is GOLD! Great finds...seems like your mom is a bit of a collector like KFK's mom. I'd have to say that your mom rocks too.

Agreed. YGM rocks....and so does Yoda Girl!

Great stuff!!! I was getting sad this thread had pooped out. Glad to see more super stuff keeping THE BEST THREAD OF 2010 alive. :)

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2: Me too!!!!!!!!!

Those tickets are Epcot Commemorative tickets. They were available while the Epcot preview center was open and they cost $30 for three days admission to Epcot and/or Magic Kingdom. There was a stub that you turned in for an admission ticket, and I think they weren't usable until after Epcot opened so they had to have been used after 10/1/1981. I still have two unused ones wonder how much they might be worth now?

Wow YG!! That stuff is GOLD! Great finds...seems like your mom is a bit of a collector like KFK's mom. I'd have to say that your mom rocks too.

Thanks! Yeah, my mom kept a lot of junk..err...stuff. ;) Not much telling what you'll find when you rummage through some of her old storage boxes.

Great stuff!!! I was getting sad this thread had pooped out. Glad to see more super stuff keeping THE BEST THREAD OF 2010 alive. :)

Thanks! Glad I could do my part.

Yoda Girl, these pics are awesome! Thanks for sharing.

I used to have an "official" Mickey Mouse Club button. You signed up in a local Department Store and received a bunch of cool stuff. Sadly I don't think we still have any of it. Sure wish I did right now.

TCD will probably try to con you out of those Kazoos.

Just warning you. Be careful. :laughing:

Agreed. YGM rocks....and so does Yoda Girl!

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2: Me too!!!!!!!!!

I have my button in a box somewhere, too. I have a watch, too. The watch is from the late 80's/early 90's. I think that they had started the Mickey Mouse Club show back up. I used to have a magazine with all actors and actresses. It wasn't the same group with Britney Spears, Justin Timberlake, or Christina Aguilera, though.

I've noticed that TCD has a thing for the kazoos...

Aw, thanks KFK! I've really enjoyed your awesome thread. I agree that it's the best of 2010. :goodvibes

I tried to find a picture of someone wearing plaid, but all of my pictures are from the 80's.

I CAN show you pictures of some jam shorts, colored socks, and a New Kids on the Block watch. :laughing:

Those tickets are Epcot Commemorative tickets. They were available while the Epcot preview center was open and they cost $30 for three days admission to Epcot and/or Magic Kingdom. There was a stub that you turned in for an admission ticket, and I think they weren't usable until after Epcot opened so they had to have been used after 10/1/1981. I still have two unused ones wonder how much they might be worth now?

Ah, okay!

I was curious about the price now, too, so I looked it up on ebay.

Seems as though they're priced anywhere from $20 - $150. No one is bidding, though.

The Mr.Smee and KFD photo.

Scan9.jpg

I've no idea how I missed this before.

This is my cousin, who was seen earlier in the thread. Check out her shirt.

I used to have one just like it.

Wish I still had that baby!

Scan12.jpg

1. Which one is which?

2. Where was this taken? The Fort used to have chairs like that. But, I don't recall characters ever showing up at the Fort pool, and that doesn't look like the Meadow Swimming Pool. :confused3

1. Cool shirt!

2. I think this is the same shirt that John59 uses as his avatar.

TCD

Scan9.jpg

1. I'm not sure which is which, but since KFD usually wears plaid and not stripes, I'll take a guess and say he's the one on the left.

2. The KFD and Mr. Smee pic was taken at River Country. For a time Characters made appearances there.

I believe there may be a photo of Goofy actually taking a ride on the T-bar/cable thing earlier in the thread.

It was a cool RC shirt. I'd forgotten about it and didn't make the connection with John59's avatar.

Wish I still had mine.

Here's an overview of RC:

wdw-guide-page591.jpg

wht is the admision to get into river county.

Your question should be what was the admission to RC. It closed 9 years ago.

Of course you can get in free now but you risk involvement of people like in your avatar and I don't mean Snow White. :rotfl:

wht is the admision to get into river county.

Free, if you're willing to scale the green fence and brave the amoebas in the water. :lmao:

Then you run the added risk of chafing as you slide down the dry slides...

and worse may happen when you land in the plant life growing where water used to be.

Of course, if you're caught by the WDW PO PO, you end up here:

100_7238.jpg

Your question should be what was the admission to RC. It closed 9 years ago.
Sorry...must be an inside joke.

Lisa, where are you???? Spending the day at Typhone Logone? Does it give you a full day exciment? :rotfl2:

All that work to finally get a picture or that red kazoo, and TCD ignores it.

I see how it is.

It's because I wasn't wearing plaid.

Or maybe it's because I always wanted to learn how to play an accordion. :hippie:

My brother had one of those Donald Duck hats. You squeezed the bill and it quacked. I was just telling my DD about that the other day.

Scan9.jpg

1. I'm not sure which is which, but since KFD usually wears plaid and not stripes, I'll take a guess and say he's the one on the left.

I don't know. Either one of them could be Mr. Smee. It's hard to tell when neither is wearing plaid.

All that work to finally get a picture or that red kazoo, and TCD ignores it.

I see how it is.

Actually, I was pretending not to be interested so that you would let your guard down, and maybe leave your kazoo lying around your campsite . . .

TCD

Anybody recognize this stuff
c2ae8191.jpg
[/IMG]
We started collecting this every year about 1981
Everyone in my family has a little bottle and we take some home every year !
We started doiing it with sand from the beach but once they kicked us out of there we moved onto this. Its funny to see the slight differences in color from year to year.
I will take pictures of the sand an post em.
Does anyone else take spanish moss?
It was started by my mom she used to put it on the antenna of the motorhomes and say it was for safe travel home. Now its funny we put it all over and see how much makes it home.
ITCH

I can honestly say I've never taken dirt or moss from the Fort. :lmao:

Well, except what ends up on the floor of the camper.

You realize that if some people get ahold of this info, you're gonna be in a lot of trouble. There are some that feel you shouldn't even hang a clothesline due to the fact that you are harming bark on trees that don't belong to you.

Just imagine if they knew you were actually taking home sand and moss that doesn't belong to you. :eek:

:rotfl:

One year I was picking cypress needles out of the nooks and crannies of our camper for about 9 months. ;)

My DD12 always decorates her bike with Spanish moss, and it ends up in my garage eventually. Amazing it survives the trip home on the back of the RV.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter