I'll be going to disney land in a few weeks...

thomase

Earning My Ears
I'll be going to disney land in a few weeks. I'll be going with my College and just wondered what to expect? What rides are the best to go on, for both thrill seekers and my Friend who gets scared going over a bump too fast. Litteraly, the most babish ride at 'Thorpe Park' a popular theme park in the UK, and he was scared, shoulda seen his face :), so maybe something for him to the day isn't wasted.

Are all the restaurants there fast food, like Mc Donalds, etc, etc, or do they server 'proper food'?

Oh my, questions :teeth: ...I'm sure I'll think of some more to ask shortly

Top rides are:

Pirates of the Carribean
Peter Pan (get a fast pass for it right when you get to the park, lines are long and fast passes are gone quickly)
Big Thunder Mountain (somewhat thrilling but not overly intense, fast pass)
Haunted Manor
Space Mountain 2 ( The most intense ride in the park, loops, fast pass)
Its a Small World is visually appealing if a bit cheesy

Those are my tops.. some my say Star Tours but I find that right to rough to be enjoyed. Also Honey I shrank the Audience is fun but I dont think of it as a classic disney ride.

Hopefully your friend should enjoy rides like Phantom Manor and Pirates of the Carribean - they're about looking at all the amazing detail rather than being turn upside down at high speed!! Though how is your friend with drops - they're are a couple of small flume type drops in POTC. Otherwise just let him wander around and enjoy the atmosphere and detail - there's a lot more of that at DLP than at Thorpe Park.

Good coasters for you(?) - all of them are fun! Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain and Indiana Jones. Plus Rock n' Roller Coaster if you get the chance to visit the studios. If you like simulators, I think Star Tours is worth a try.

Lots of food options - fast food to full dining!! Check out the DLP Food Guide

Don't think he likes drops...though he doesn't need to know about them. :)

It's hardly hard to get more atomospher than at Thorpe Park, with amazing attractions as "The man who refuses to put his cigerete out" and "Bored Teenager playing with the ride's sound controls".

I'm not so sure i'll be able to get a fast pass as I'm going with college and they'll be slow and we'll probably waste half the day :guilty:

It's hardly hard to get more atomospher than at Thorpe Park, with amazing attractions as "The man who refuses to put his cigerete out" and "Bored Teenager playing with the ride's sound controls".

:rotfl:

My friend hates drops too! The very first time we visited she insisted on riding POTC before we could check it out for her. At the beginning of the ride you get hauled up and up and we were all imagining this HUGE drop on the other side!! If looks could kill..........!!! After that I don't think she found the drops too bad, but it's certainly a bit of a giveaway - your friend will definitely realise something's going to happen. But don't tell him beforehand! It's a great ride - well worth braving a couple of small drops for!!

You are going to have so much fun!!

Welcome to the Dis :)

I don't care for drops and loop-de-loops either! LOL. Pirates is a great ride - a couple of drops but nothing scarey and it's well worth the ride. I always like the paddle steamers for a gentle rest-up. I've not been on Phantom Manor - usually I go to DLP on my own and I would be reluctant to sit on a ghost train by myself! I went on the Indiana Jones ride one time by myself and sat next to a very nice French gentleman who thought it was hysterical - this mad EnglishWoman screaming her head off. I would doubtless embarrass myself terribly if I went on Phantom Manor and ended up sharing! LOL

NIK said:
I've not been on Phantom Manor - usually I go to DLP on my own and I would be reluctant to sit on a ghost train by myself! I would doubtless embarrass myself terribly if I went on Phantom Manor and ended up sharing! LOL
Phantom Manor is great Nik but the least scary ghost train imaginable, I promise. Also there are so many buggies on an endless loop that you wouldn't have to share however busy it got. You'd really enjoy it.

I agree with Diane. IMHO this is one of the best attractions at DLP for theming. It is really well done!

nicola said:
I agree with Diane. IMHO this is one of the best attractions at DLP for theming. It is really well done!
Please, please, please don't be offended Nicola - I've just got a thing about being called Diane (though I've been called a lot worse things in my life!!!) as my name's Diana (which I definitely would not have chosen!!!). If I tell someone my name's Diana it inevitably gets shortened to Diane and if tell someone my name's Di it gets lengthened to Diane - most of our neighbours call me Diane and so did my FIL until his dying day - it's the bane of my life!!!!! - sorry to go on but please call me Di !!! :sunny:

The drops on Pirates are nothing to be scared of, like Bexx said it feels as if its going to be huge but is really just a smooth little slide down into the water that gets the boat moving! (or feels like that at least) So small and so quick he wouldnt get scared, and pirates is such a great ride it would be a shame to miss out!

If not you can always stick him on Its a Small World all day while the rest of you go on the coasters!

If not you can always stick him on Its a Small World all day while the rest of you go on the coasters!

Now that would just be cruel!!!! :teeth:

Indeedy, as everyone else has been saying, the drops on Pirates of the Caribbean are nothing to be scared of at all. I was never even scared of it the first times I went on Pirates, when I was about 7 years old! It's more about the atmosphere. ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter