~i'll be home for Xmas but 1st i'm going to DISNEY WORLD!~ TR link posted!

punkin413

feel the magic, dang it!
:santa: INDEX:santa:

~introduction - you're reading it. :)
~our dates & where we're staying
~the itinerary
~the alternate itinerary (in case mother nature is not cooperative)
~past trips, part 1: 1992!
~past trips, part 2: may 2007 (plus HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to anna & chris!)
~past trips, part 3: september 2007
~disney on ice
~halloween pictures
~past trips, part 4: back to 1984!
~past trips, part 5: our 1987 trip!
~the countdown is on!!!
~luke's countdown, etc.!
~anna, chris & luke's april 2007 trip!
~1998 trip (minus dawn)
~a night with elvis!
~countdown update and adventures in doggy baths
~this time next week....WEDNESDAY!
~christmas decorations and this time next week....THURSDAY!
~this time next week....FRIDAY!
~this time next week....SATURDAY!
~office christmas dinner and this time next week.....SUNDAY PART 1!
~this time next week....SUNDAY PART 2!
~this time next week.....MONDAY, THE FINAL EPISODE!
~TR link

*************************************************************************************

hey, everyone! it's me, dawn.....again! yes, i'm back for another trip. most of you probably already know me but some of you may not, so let me give a brief disney history. here's the low down.....or is that down low? i'm not that cool, so i'm not sure.

i went to disney world several times as a child (3 to be exact) and loved every trip even more than the one before it. but then i took a WAY-TOO-LONG hiatus because of college, money, life, etc. my hubby and i decided to head back to disney in may of 2007 and that's when i officially became a disney nut. ask anyone.....they all know my secret! that's the first TR you see down below in my signature - the one in blue. then i decided to take a good friend of mine that was a disney virgin to WDW last september for her 30th birthday just a for a quickie weekend trip - that's the TR down below in purple. then hubby and i headed back to WDW this past april/may for another full-fledged disney vacation - that's the one in green. then i was lucky enough to plan a bonus trip with my friend erica (vandyfan10) this past september during free dining. that trip is down below in black and gold and if you're not reading it, you should go check it out now! we're only on day 2!!!

so that brings us to this trip. first i have to tell you how i'm fully aware of how lucky i am this year. i am truly blessed and i count those blessings every night that i'm able to go to disney 3 times this year. i couldn't ask for more! the april/may trip was our regularly-scheduled vacation. then my september trip with erica was truly magical because everything just seemed to work for us - free dining plus my AP (which sadly expired on 9/22 :sad1: ) meant all i had to pay for was half the hotel, half the gas to get there and souvenirs! then came this trip. you see, anna and family (who you will meet in just a minute) were supposed to go with us in april/may, but stuff happened that prevented them from doing so. they did end up joining us for a pirate & princess party, but only for that one night. so she and i were talking about going back sometime and the subject of disney world at christmas somehow came up. so we decided to do a short 4-day trip to disney this year. it is a budgeted trip so don't be expecting any stays at the grand floridian! but i promise you will not regret coming along for the ride - we always have fun and i'm sure this trip will be no exception! :goodvibes

however, i do have to preface this TR by telling you that currently i have NO plans to return to disney world in 2009. before you shed a tear or threaten to beat me over the head, please listen to my explanation. you see, my hubby and i are thinking of starting a family of our own. so we are re-prioritizing for 2009 and hopefully by the end of the year we will be able to start working towards that goal. disney is expensive -- don't deny it. and we need to be saving that money for other areas of our life....at least for a little while. on top of that, i do realize that there ARE other places to vacation. although i'd be perfectly content with returning to disney world every year, he would not. and that's not fair to him. he is a wonderful husband and is very willing to cater to my disney obsession, but i have to be fair to him too. besides......i can't complain. I HAVE BEEN TO DISNEY 3 TIMES THIS YEAR. that's more than a lot of people can say! so no tears will be shed......at least not for a little while anyway! :laughing:

now......on to the cast!

first, there's me and DH......

Picture025-2.jpg

that's one of my favorite pictures from our april/may trip this year. :love:

me and my all-time favorite disney character, peter pan!

1DSC04884.jpg

(i cropped wendy out of the picture. we don't like wendy. wendy is a homewrecker.) i'm a 32-year-old court reporter and self-confessed disney nut. i love helping people plan their trips. i wish there was some way i could make money from it without having to get all the licensing and stuff that comes along with it! i'm the planner, especially when it comes to disney trips.

then there's my hubby, ray......

DSC04775.jpg

he's a 36-year-old (soon-to-be 37) IT pro/network administrator for an international stock market analysis firm......and boy has he been busy lately! :rotfl: ray went to disney every year as a child, but had had a long (i'm talking 20+ years) hiatus until we returned last year. i'm slowly converting him into a disney nut. he doesn't like to admit it, but he's definitely becoming one. the other day he was messing with my ipod and when i got in the car he had the soundtrack to wishes playing!

here were are in a picture we had taken 2 weeks ago with our babies, sherman and eli. sherman is 11 years old (on the right) and eli is 4 years old. i donated to our local rescue squad and we got a free picture out of it, so i couldn't pass up the offer. not the most creative photography in the world, but i can't complain since it was free!

File0081.jpg

this shot actually cracks me up because it reminds of me of this pose my sister, brother and i always do that we call "the olan mills shot" where you look up at a point above or away from the camera and smile this really cheesy smile. here we are cheesing it up!

Dawn1130741-1.jpg

:rotfl2:

okay.....sorry. on to the rest of the cast!

here we have anna and family, which is probably what i will refer to them as during this trip!

196538048208_0_BG.jpg

first there's anna.....

DSC05013g.jpg

anna is a 28-year-old mommy and fitness trainer. she and i have known each other through mutual friends since around 1999. but ray and i just happened to buy a house in the subdivision she lived in (by chance) back in 2004 and she and i have become really close since then. she's one of my best friends and i love her to death! she's always looking at the positive side of things and she cracks me up constantly.

then we have chris, anna's hubby.....

last.jpg

chris is a 32-year-old plumbing expert extraordinaire. he works a lot to support his family but when he's home he's an awesome daddy to luke. chris and ray have become great friends and they act like 15-year-old boys when they're together.......which usually results in some funny story to tell!

then we have luke-man.....

DSC04982a.jpg

luke is chris and anna's 4-year-old DS. luke is funny, crazy, sweet, outspoken and smart. he says and does the funniest things constantly - he keeps you on your toes....that's for sure! i can't wait to see how he reacts to the christmas festivities at disney world. it's gonna be so much fun!

for some reason, luke loves me. he loves "gray" too (that's what he calls ray), but i've been his "girlfriend" since he was old enough to talk and i just love that little boy to death! here he is hugging me after i gave him his 4th birthday present! :lovestruc

405967048208_0_ALB.jpg

so that's the cast. some of you may remember these introductions from my pre-TR from last year because originally anna and company had planned to go with us. if so, you've just been re-introduced! ;)

i will be back with more details about our trip (where will we eat? what are our plans? where are we staying?) later. for now, that'll do it for an introduction. i'm so excited to be seeing disney world for the first time during the holidays!!! :santa:

thanks for joining in! :grouphug:

Wow! You have had a lot of Disney trips this year. I think I've read all of your trip reports, but I guess they blurred together. I hope next year works out exactly as you are hoping for.

I definitely understand what you mean about visiting as a kid and then returning as an adult and becoming obsessed! I just accepted a new job and I admit that I measured the vacation policy in how it would effect my future plans for visiting Disney. Anyway, I'm looking forward to reading!

p.s. The Wendy comment cracks me up!

WOO HOO!

I'm on board! Can't wait to hear all about it but you've got to finish your Sep TR first please ;)

Am I first? That is crazy. I can't believe it.

Oops...well I almost made it. Hehe. Fourth isn't too bad.

Can't wait for the rest!

I'm on board too!!!

Are you and Erica only on day 2? I love it!!

I wish you the best of luck with your "endeavor" next year!!! ;)

Hey Dawn!!

I have been waiting on your PTR for December!! I am glad you started it!!

LOL the Olan Mills thing cracks me up...I just found this real Olan Mills picture of my brother, sister and me:

29f82uh.jpg

Looking forward to your TR!

I'm here and can't wait to hear all about it. I know this will be a great trip.

Oh my goodness your story sounds so close to mine DH and I are also going in Dec. and have no trips for 2009 because we would like to start our family as well!!! I haven't been 3 times this year but this will be our 3 trip in the last 3 years.

I am excited to read your report!!!

I have lurked on all of your other trip reports. I had to post this time because we are going to be there the same time. My DH and I are going to be there from Nov. 29- Dec. 13. Can't wait to hear about your plans.

Well heck did I at least make the first page?? :confused3

:rotfl:

Yes, you did.

And on some people's trip reports, you have been known to be the first post!
Even before they started the report!
How is that possible?
Yet, you did it! :) ;) :goodvibes :laughing:

And to Dawn and your report...

here we go again!!!! Yay! And you are gonna LOVE Disney at Christmas! :santa:

Wow! You have had a lot of Disney trips this year. I think I've read all of your trip reports, but I guess they blurred together. I hope next year works out exactly as you are hoping for.

I definitely understand what you mean about visiting as a kid and then returning as an adult and becoming obsessed! I just accepted a new job and I admit that I measured the vacation policy in how it would effect my future plans for visiting Disney. Anyway, I'm looking forward to reading!

p.s. The Wendy comment cracks me up!

they're all blurred together for me, too! thank goodness for digital cameras!

thanks for joining in! i'm glad you're here. and glad you can appreciate my wendy joke. ;)

WOO HOO!

I'm on board! Can't wait to hear all about it but you've got to finish your Sep TR first please ;)

thanks! we will definitely be working on the september trip. we're taking turns doing installments so it should get done pretty quickly. although i don't want to end it too quickly - i'm always sad to end a TR! :laughing:

Glad you started another TR!!! :goodvibes

thanks! like your new avatar, by the way. ;) do i like it enough to get one myself? no. but i like it enough, if you know what i mean. :laughing:

Am I first? That is crazy. I can't believe it.

Oops...well I almost made it. Hehe. Fourth isn't too bad.

Can't wait for the rest!

:laughing: almost! thanks for coming over.

I'm on board too!!!

Are you and Erica only on day 2? I love it!!

I wish you the best of luck with your "endeavor" next year!!! ;)

yep, only on day 2! i'm a multi-tasker. :laughing: thanks for the luck. :teacher: :lmao:

Hey Dawn!!

I have been waiting on your PTR for December!! I am glad you started it!!

hey, heather! thanks. i'm glad you're here!

Subscribing! Love the family photo with the dogs!

thanks! taking pictures with them is always such a pain because sherman doesn't like the flash. so we take what we can get!

I'm here Dawn popcorn:: Can't wait to hear more:thumbsup2

thanks for joining in!!!

LOL the Olan Mills thing cracks me up...I just found this real Olan Mills picture of my brother, sister and me:

29f82uh.jpg

Looking forward to your TR!

:rotfl2: that is HILARIOUS! i found these of us. i don't have any old ones scanned in - i'll have to go look for those!

this is two christmases ago (the date's wrong). me and my sister are doing the olan mills shot but my brother decided to be emo. :rotfl2:

100_6411.jpg

this is on my surprise 30th birthday party. you can tell it's a surprise party because my hair looks like doo doo! :rotfl: anyway, it's me, my sister and my dad doing the olan mills shot. my sister is the best at it!

IMAG0100.jpg

thanks for joining in, by the way!

I'm here and can't wait to hear all about it. I know this will be a great trip.

thanks so much!

Oh my goodness your story sounds so close to mine DH and I are also going in Dec. and have no trips for 2009 because we would like to start our family as well!!! I haven't been 3 times this year but this will be our 3 trip in the last 3 years.

I am excited to read your report!!!

very cool! our issue is that we have to wait financially. i mean, if i got pregnant right now we'd deal and be okay. but being the planner that i am, i want to be more prepared. see, i'm self-employed which means i have to pay for my own insurance. i have health insurance, but all i can afford is basically just enough in case something major happens - no maternity coverage. DH could put me on his insurance but it takes such a huge chunk out of his check to add me. so we're waiting until i get assigned to my own judge so i'll have more of a guaranteed income and we can take more of a chunk out of his check. so i'm waiting on that. we're hoping it happens in 2009!

have fun on your trip!

Well heck did I at least make the first page?? :confused3

:rotfl:

you made the first page!!!!! :woohoo: :laughing: what would my TR be without you on the first page????? princess:

I have lurked on all of your other trip reports. I had to post this time because we are going to be there the same time. My DH and I are going to be there from Nov. 29- Dec. 13. Can't wait to hear about your plans.

cool! thanks for coming out of lurkdom. glad to see ya! we are arriving on 12/11 and leaving on 12/15. i will update with my plans soon!

Yes, you did.

And on some people's trip reports, you have been known to be the first post!
Even before they started the report!
How is that possible?
Yet, you did it! :) ;) :goodvibes :laughing:

i was wondering if she was gonna make that happen somehow on this report! :lmao:

And to Dawn and your report...

here we go again!!!! Yay! And you are gonna LOVE Disney at Christmas! :santa:

thanks, memom! we are so excited. every time i talk to anna disney comes up.....and it's not me bringing it up, believe it or not! :rotfl:

You know I would wander over!!! Hurray for a Disney Christmas! :goodvibes

I guess I get to be the official second page starter!

yay!!!! jackie's here. :yay: you are SUCH a good second page starter. ;)

I'm here for the ride too! Your TR's are always so well written and funny. It should be fun for you and Anna to plan together or does she want you to do it all? Who picks the restaurants? Will there be new Tshirts in your future...You have to find a cute Christmas one. :santa:
I wish you all the best next year. Its too bad the insurance is holding you back from being a Mom. I'm so glad I don't have to worry over health care anymore, since I returned back home. My husband paid a fortune for all of us. I didn't like the co-pays either. That was something I never got used to. And don't get me started on having to drive to ATL from Auburn so I could see a doctor. Thankfully we switched from Kaiser Permenente to Blue Cross just before I had Lexi(DD). I wouldn't have wanted to make the drive every week for OBGYN apts. It will all work out in the end. :wizard:
I look forward to all the updates and pics to come.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter