ILLUMINATIONS CRUISES-What they are--How to book--FIND ONE TO SHARE

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi

very very very long shot - longest shot ever but does anyone have a wishes cruise that they would like to share with a family of 5 brits - 2 adults, my lad age 9, my little girl age 6 and my little toddler age 2 between the dates 11/9-25/9.

did not realise they had started other cruises than illuminations but then it has been 7 years (way too long) since we have been back.

many thanks and shall look out for fellow dis members.

nilrs

We are a party of 5 looking to share a cruise anytime during the week of Oct25-Nov 1. 1 Mom, 1 Dad, DD10, DS8, and DD5. My kids are well behaved, I promise!

hi

very very very long shot - longest shot ever but does anyone have a wishes cruise that they would like to share with a family of 5 brits - 2 adults, my lad age 9, my little girl age 6 and my little toddler age 2 between the dates 11/9-25/9.

did not realise they had started other cruises than illuminations but then it has been 7 years (way too long) since we have been back.

many thanks and shall look out for fellow dis members.

nilrs

Hi! I think I may be able to help you out. I'm finalizing today which night I will be doing the Wishes w/ my fam and was looking for someone to share it with. We'll be there from the 14th to the 20th of sep. and are going to book either the 16th (tuesday) or the 17th (wed). The one on tuesday is slightly later than the wed. one due to the not so scary halloween party. It's me, my hubby and our 2 boys ages 4 and 2. I will back on here after I def book the cruise w/ my specific dates but if you're still looking and my date works for you then that sounds great to me!

hi

many thanks that would be great, would only be able to make it on the 17th as we are going to mnsshp on the 16th, if you could please keep me posted as to which date you book.

if you could pm me when you know as these threads tend to grow very quickly.

many thanks
nilrs

Fiancee and I have the premium wishes cruise booked for the 21st of Sept. looking for others to help share the cost/space.

Pm me if interested!
6 spaces still available......

how do people usually go about collecting payment? I am nervous that if it rains everyone will bail and I will have to foot the entire payment myself :(

If it rains and they cancel the cruise you don't have to pay! : ) On the last cruise we went on we just payed cash when we got to the dock, but I must admit that you have to depend on your fellow disers to be honest and come through. You can choose to collect another way if you wish.

So I was told when I booked my cruise that the boat only seats 10. Then I heard it was 12, but what I was really wondering is, does Disney look the other way if there is 11? Do they allow for one extra person?:grouphug:

Schmoopybunny

So I was told when I booked my cruise that the boat only seats 10. Then I heard it was 12, but what I was really wondering is, does Disney look the other way if there is 11? Do they allow for one extra person?:grouphug:

Schmoopybunny

Hello,

The premium Wishes, and the Illuminations cruises seat a max of 10. On a rare occasion, they might allow 11 if there are kiddiepoos, but don't count on it. The basic Wishes cruise seats a maximum of 8.

Hope that helps,

Take care,

Bill

I have two spots on a Wishes (With Sound) cruise for November 6, 2008! If you are interest PM me. We will be more than happy to have you join us!

Hello All,

We have 6 spots on our 10/4 Illuminations cruise that we are looking to fill! If you are interested please PM us!

Heidi

6 spaces still available......

how do people usually go about collecting payment? I am nervous that if it rains everyone will bail and I will have to foot the entire payment myself :(

Hi
We just went on an Illuminations cruise during tropical storm Fay. They didn't cancel and it did start raining. One couple didn't show up. I guess they thought it was cancelled. I had everyone elses cell phone number, so I knew they were going to show up, but the one couple didn't and we all had to put in an extra $20.00. We all just paid cash or charged individually and we tipped the boat captain whatever we wanted. After we parked under the bridge, the boat captain told us that there wouldn't be any fireworks. They showed the globe and a few ground fireworks. It didn't even last 10 minutes. We were really upset. They were so nice about refunding our money. I would make sure you have everyone's phone number and email address so you can keep in touch with them. Have fun!!

Hmmm...I didn't consider rain or a storm. We will plan on being at our meeting time and place whether rain or shine and we can take it from there as a group. I wouldn't want to cause a problem for the rest of the people on our excursion by assuming it is canceled. I am glad you posted your experience. :wizard:

hey guys -

we are looking to share a cruise any nite from 10/8 thru 10/11. any chance anyone has room for four - 2 adults and 2 kids (12, 9)? :flower3:

thanks!

ed

Is it just me or is this thread getting a little out of control? Why are folks looking for specific cruise dates in this thread instead of the individual CRUISE CENTRAL FOR SEPTEMBER (insert month) thread? I don't know about anybody else, but I'm not going through 15 or 20 pages of posts looking for someone to share a cruise with. Perhaps the entire thread could be started again with updated info on pricing and reservations. The phone tree is not anything like the original post anymore. I'm no expert, but would like to hear from someone who is; just an observation.:sad2:

I agree that this post has become way to long to sort through. And you are right, the procedures in the first post are not up to date anymore. However, I did use some of the information on how to get one of these cruises this morning, and it worked. I was glad though that I did a test run yesterday and found out that you do not push #3 right away, as this takes you to golf reservations. I was able to book a Illuminations Cruise on Thanksgiving Night on the Breatless, I have never been so excited at 6:00 a.m. before, fealt like a won something even though I'm the one paying.

i am so sorry - i haven't been on the boards since our last trip and when i saw "illuminations cruises" i thought it was the right board - my mistake - i just found the october board and will post there... sorry about that!:sad1:

edit- ok - that thread i found was from 2005!!! i'd better learn how to use that search function!! :confused:

i am so sorry - i haven't been on the boards since our last trip and when i saw "illuminations cruises" i thought it was the right board - my mistake - i just found the october board and will post there... sorry about that!:sad1:

edit- ok - that thread i found was from 2005!!! i'd better learn how to use that search function!! :confused:

DOn't be sorry...the topic of the thread is " ILLUMINATIONS CRUISES-What they are--How to book--FIND ONE TO SHARE" FIND ONE TO SHARE is right in the title. So unless someone changes the title then people are going to post here looking for one to share!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter