I'm bringing my parents who are both completely deaf to WDW

Lqqieee

Mouseketeer
I am bringing my parents to WDW. They are both completely deaf and my mother also has vision problems. We will all be traveling along with my boyfriend's family who are all hearing. I'm wondering what I should do once we get there to help aid my parents in understanding things like at shows at all the parks, etc... I do use sign language but I can't sign ASL as well as an interpreter can. I would have no problems interpreting for them, but I think my parents would want me to enjoy the show along with them and rather watch an ASL interpreter. Does anyone have any idea what I can do for them once we get there?

Disney provides interpreters on a schedule at the different parks. You can get a schedule from Guest Services at the first park you visit for the week. Also available it captioning including closed captioning, reflective captioning and a handheld PDA. Both the CC device and the PDA can be obtained at Guest Services with a refunable deposit. If you get the PDA you do not need the CC device as the PDA will do both.
Interpreters are in the Magic Kingdom on Monday and Thursday, Epcot on Tuesday and Friday, MGM Studios on Wednesday and Sunday and Animal Kingdom on Saturday.
I have sent you a pm with the person to contact before your trip. Very deaf friendly. CODA. He can also set up interpreting for dinner shows such as Hoop Dee Doo and the Luau as well as for Pleasure Island for Comedy Warehouse and the Adventurers Club which both have improv type shows.
Once the interpreters are aware you are in the park they will look for you at the various shows and will ask if you will be at the next show,etc.
If you have anymore questions please feel free to PM me and I will be glad to answer whatever I can. Enjoy your trip.

Thank you for your info! I replied in the PM and I had more questions for you in the PM. Thanks again!

Hi

I'm sure your parents will have a great a trip. I'm partially deaf and WDW is the only place I feel I can enjoy things properly with my family (DH and children are hearing).

I hope you all have a wonderful trip. :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter