I'm GOING HOME-1st time!!

PKS44

DIS Veteran
We (me, DW, 2 DS -age 5 and 8) had a trip to WDW planned since February-just a quick 4 days over a long October weekend school break. Have not been since Feb 2000.
We were booked at CBR then changed to YC with AP prices...I was waiting to buy the AP to see if something better came up...Meanwhile I discovered DVC...Had never really thought about it, but it seemed just what I wanted. First I was going to just rent points for our Oct stay, to try it out, but there was no availability...Thanks to all of you on this board I became convinced that I should buy anyway and I did, sight unseen- a BWV resale...Closing seemed to take forever but actually was relatively quick for a resale...then I had to wait 11 days to get into the computer...That was Tuesday. A horrible day in every other regard from which none of us shall ever fully recover...Still I vowed that we would still go on our trip. lest the terrorists succeed in disrupting our lives of glorious and unashamed Western decadence...(@#!*& you, jihad!) I emailed MS and they had OKW for our stay... (and I don't HAVE to buy an AP either) and we are waitlisted for BWV or VWL- but who cares!? I get to use the points that were to expire next summer without having to figure out some other way to use them....I hope I am not coming across as frivolous as I try to find something good to think about at this terrible time... I hope you all understand what I am talking about....and I hope OKW is as great as I have heard...we need our dose of pixie dust...

Paul

Welcome Home! no, you're not frivolous, just excited. we need some positive thoughts to help us through these terrible days. the kids especially need a break.

We will be down there at the same time at VWL. We own at OKW and you will love it there. We will get there by hook or by crook. my wife has been saving for this trip all year. We are taking two of our grandkids with us (no parents!!!) We intend to enjoy it, keeping everyone in our prayers, especially my brother firefighters. By the way, WELCOME HOME!!!

We bought at OKW in 93 and have been going ever since. You will love it. I think it's the best. It's really like home to us. We have taken many family members and friends there through the years and all have fallen in love with it. One friend said "No wonder you don't want to come home after being here (OKW), it's so tranquil and beautiful". There's bikes to ride, the pools, the boats, and obviously the parks. Have a wonderful time. We'll be there early in December and can't wait.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter