I'm nervous, need a list please.

ktorrez

Earning My Ears
We are leaving on Jan. 8 in our travel trailer which we have used only 1 time and heading to FW from Texas. We bought it used and there is no instruction booklet. We have 3 children 9,5,5. Does anyone have a list of what they bring? Also any website for helping first time rv'ers.

I think I can handle the food list, but suggestions would be nice. Are mosquitos a problem in Jan? I am packing for cold and warm days and nights and rainy days as well.

I know this list can help -- so many veterans.

Thanks in advance.

Karen

Congrats on your new trailer!! what a great way to break it in but Disney Style:D :D

It can be cold in January so make sure the propane tanks are full, you might want to jump over to www.irv2.com they have an excellent discussion forum with very knowledgeable people,

We have been rving for a few years now and still seem to forget things and also are constantly buying new things for the trailer,

Check everything in the trailer about a week or so before to be sure all the toys are working

A few things you might want to have on hand are extra extension cords, also a 30 amp extensions cord is nice to have for distant hook ups, also sewer hoses - always good to have an extra one.

The water at Fort Wilderness does not taste good in OUR opinion so you might want to invest in a water filter, usually the ones that attach to the hose work well.

depending on the type of site you have reserved you might want to bring a cable tv cord (Preferred Site Only)

I'm sure others will chime in and add to the list, have a fun and safe trip!!

Could use a few camping chairs, tv with vcr for the kids.(Remember too that your children may need a little down time from the parks. Be sure that you come back and take a needed break in the afternoon. ) Swimming suits (pools are heated) wheel chocks to keep the trailer from rolling after you unhitch.(Did this once not fun.) White water hose for drinking ,chemicals for the bathroom :jester: for when not using the comfort stations.Some type of lighter or matches for lighting stove and water heater. If I forget something My motto is "there's always a Walmart! ;)

here's a quick list from a notorious list maker.

ziploc bag cloths for each kid each day or give each child their own shelf for cloths (i've tried it both ways and prefer ziploc then dh can grab a bag and kid they are 4 and 2) small buckets work great for socks.

remember that you can do laundry (I way over packed!!)
bring a small laundry basket (bag was a pain in the butt unless you will fold when you get back to the camper.)

use tupperware (or such) for cereal and food items they stack so much better and don't tend to attack you when you open the cupboard

PAPER PLATES!!! Dishes are a pain (although I did do them 3 times a day at disney our short trips I don't)

space in the freezer for water bottles ( they'll last all day in jan)

a plan (general) for each day What each child wants most to see

Their own space in the camper, fav toy or book ( I had a separate basket for toys that I kept under the table

Pool toys

Make things ahead for dinners (pre fry hamburg, chicken) Then pull out and put in fridge in the am

buy drinking water at home even with a filter it's awful (course we have a spring)

dust pan and broom, mat for outside, ant spray (for georgia in oct we got infested we will never leave home without it now) cloths line (disney does let you string one between trees (dh built one that hooks to our bumper) pine-sol great all purpose cleaner can also be used in most black water tanks to help with oder.

well I'll look for my lists but they be in the camper (covered and put away for winter in VT)
good luck

This is not for the camper, but for the drive to WDW. We drove from Maryland and the books on tape (or CD) were great!!! You can buy or rent them from the library. My DS loves Harry Potter so when we hit the road in went the tape. You could also purchase Disney sing-along tapes just to get everyone in the mood.

Another thing that I found worked great for us was baby powder or corn starch -- after walking around in hot sneakers all day it was really nice to peel off our socks and rub our feet in baby powder. (quick tip -- baby powder is great to get sand off your body -- just powder up and the sand slides right off!)

If you have any problems while at FW you can always use the phone at the comfort stations and the FW employees are always willing to help if they can.

Have a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter