• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

In 500 years.....

Disney1fan2002

<font color=red>Like OMG the TF is SOO psyched to
What do you think society will be like? I was listening ti the song "In the Year 2525" that came out in the 60's the other day. It got me thinking how far we've come from 500 years ago, where we will be in 500 years. (WE will be dead, but our future generations). Will humans share society with AI? Will dogs be able to eat out at restaurants like a regular human member of a family? Will we finally be traveling in the sky like so many futuristic media predicts?

Where do you think technology is taking us 500 years from now? Will humans even be on the earth anymore? Hmmmmmm

I have not idea but just thinking what my Dad, who just turned 90 has been able to see in his lifetime is amazing. He grew up on a wheat farm with no electricity or indoor plumbing, his grandma lived on their farm in a sod house. He was in the navy, got a degree in industrial engineering and went on to work on the Saturn missile project and had a very interesting and diversified career. It's impossible for me to imagine what the next 500 years will bring...

Just looking back 100 years at the changes and advances, I'd not sure we can even imagine what things will be like in 500 years.

I bought a new car in June, a 2018 Flex with absolutely no options on it. I wonder what Henry Ford would think of this car, compared to the Model T.

I think society will be greener/cleaner. I also think medical advancements will lead to treatment for or ways to eliminate a lot of diseases, such as cancer, and overall life expectancy will be longer.

In the year 2525 they won't be listening to that crap Zager and Evans song. They will still be listening to the Beatles.
We can crap on the song as much as we like, but, it is uncanny how this many years later it is starting to look like the writer had a big picture window into the future. The only thing that seems to be off is the total number of years to fulfill this prophecy. Almost scary!

In 500 years I think we are going to be watering our plants with Gatorade, because it has what plants crave. Electrolytes! If you read comments on Facebook posts and Youtube videos, you can see Idiocracy is the direction we are heading.

All of course dependent on the machines not becoming self aware :D

We can crap on the song as much as we like, but, it is uncanny how this many years later it is starting to look like the writer had a big picture window into the future. The only thing that seems to be off is the total number of years to fulfill this prophecy. Almost scary!

if you want to watch a scary accurate depiction of today grab a copy of the old max headroom tv show. dh and i recently re watched it for the first time since it aired 30 years ago-MY GOD it's spot on with regards to the media.

500 years from now?

If aliens haven't shown up and taken over everything, and humans are still around, we will go back to being small nomadic tribes roaming around foraging for whatever resources are left after the great war for water and air annihilates most of mankind.

I can't help it, I'm optimistic. I think at least a few will survive for a while.

Disney already told us what it was going to be like.

e
I believe this!! It's one reason I don't like all the on-line ordering at Wal-Mart and grocery stores and things like that. I am all for convenience, but if we stop doing anything for ourselves, we are going to end up just like the movie!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter