In-Room Babysitting Questions and Suggestions

LisaNJ25

DIS Veteran<br><font color=aqua>I paid $300 back i
I am thinking about having an in room babysitter one day for our upcoming trip. At the time of the trip I will have an almost 3yo and a almost 10 yo. I know my 3yo may freak out a little for the first few minutes we are gone. Do the sitters bring any games or toys to amuse the kids. Is their anything I shoud have in the room to make the evening go smooth? Has anyone ever had any bad problems with the in room service? We will be staying at All Star sports.

I have no idea what to do for a few hours away from them, probably a relaxing meal and maybe hubby and I get a chance to go on some ride together.

What are some things you like to do when "alone in the world" for a few hours without the kids?

Lisa

We used Fairy Godmothers for our 15 month old twins. She did bring a very small bag of toys. In fact one day it was just Legos. Our kids seemed happy enough, and they sent the same sitter each day (we used the same sitter 3 days in a row). I think the majority of what they did was what they called "nature walks". We were at the Contemporary and there is quite abit to see there. I picked Fairy Godmother's based on every comment I could find on the Net and from several guidebooks. I will say the organization seems very stable and the sitters for that service are mature, dependable, and have been with the Godmothers for a long time. If you decide to use Fairy Godmothers, I would suggest the day time. Our sitter watched our kiddo's all day and then would sit for other familys right after (at night). Based on what she told us, she worked very very long hours and I am not sure if it was regulated. Also when reserving an in room sitter make sure you tell them an end time. On the last day she had booked another family after us and we had to re-arrange our entire last day because she could only be there a few hours. We had planned to go to Disney Quest and Boma's, but were not able to do so because I was worried that relying on Disney Transportation we would not make it back in time for her to get to the next job. So here I am forking out big bucks and on my vacation and worrying about her getting to the next job. It really ruined that night for me. I really don't have any suggestions about what to do because we just used the time to be able to concentrate on our seven year old without the babies. Have a Great time!

Hi,
We used Kindercare about 4 yrs ago. I've
read some places that Kindercare isn't so
wonderful anymore. Hopefully, someone
here will give you an update.
They sent an elderly lady, very sweet. My
DS was just about 2 yrs old. He had no problem
staying with this woman. We were at Port
Orleans. She took him for a walk to see the
ducks and took him to the Food Court for
some dinner. She wrote everything down
for us.
We went to MK and did the rides that
we could not do together with him along.
This way we didn't have to child swap at
MK. I had made us a plan and it worked
like clockwork. We went up to the top of
the Contemporary and had cocktails and
an appetizer and watched the fireworks.
It was a wonderful evening for us.
Hope you enjoy yours as well. :)
By the way, I think we were gone from
like 3 o'clock till about 8.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter