Incentives for DVC purchase?

Johnnie Fedora

My cup is not 1/2 full or 1/2 empty, it's just 50%
We are exploring the idea of purchasing into the DVC, but are thinking about waiting until the BCV are available. Does Disney offer any incentives for early purchases for new DVC properties?? If so, what have they been in the past? A special price??, passes?? Does anyone think they will offer early bird specials??:jester:

When I bought back in '92, they were offering free passes till the year 2000. It was great. 6 hopper passes for the length of every stay in the OKW grand villa. Just the price of the passes was worth way more than I spent to join.

No, they now don't need to offer anything at all, so they don't. Maybe a free lunch, definitely a tote bag, but that is about it.

Currently, the only discount incentive still remaining is called Magical Beginnings- which offers a discount for points "sold" back to Disney from your 1st year allotment. At VWL, this incentive is of questionable value- but is still viable at VB and HH.

Otherwise, DVC may provide lunch, a tote bag and child care during the tour, but don't expect any other reason to buy- except a great value in vacations.

Enjoy!

Thanks for your replies. I guess the tote bag's not a great incentive...maybe if they throw in some mickey soaps and shampoos, that will sell me, LOL:p
Seriously, we are considering the BCV and I have some questions that I will post separately.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter