Info on who fits/who does not - for FJ - post here if you've been

Okay, my trip is 10 days away and I'm hoping I fit. My measurements are 48" Bust, and 49" hips and waist. Think I'm good or no? Just wanted a final opinion. :)

Sounds like you should be fine. Make sure you take people's advice and wear stretchy clothes that will let your body conform to the seats. So don't wear jean shorts or anything like that.

Okay my friend is now wearing an XL women's shirt and an 18W pant. She can get into a ride that says if you have measurements over 53 inches you will not fit. She can even clasp it herself now(a little effort is needed). She should be okay, I think. She has a pair of loose capris and a loose shirt. *fingers crossed* last week and I am nervous for her but I think she has it.

Hey, just wanted to say I went on the FJ. No problems and had a great time. Didn't even get pulled out of line to check. It was great!

Hi all!
The fiancé and I are coming to Florida next week and he's just surprised me by buying universal tickets seeing as I've been a HP fan since I was 12 years old. It's the sweetest gift, really, but of course anxiety has set in. Obviously my fiancé knows what I look like, but he himself is quite a normal size - 5'10" and about 180 pounds, and he never has to worry about fitting into things.
Myself, I'm about 5'1" and about 200-210 pounds, carrying most of the weight in the chest, stomach and hips/thighs; less so in the butt and legs, hourglass shaped. I usually wear about size 16, though it varies by store. Anyone with similar "stats" have any idea if I'll fit? As I said, I know my fiance knows what I look like, but still, I'd obviously be mortified being sent away for being too fat in front of him.

Florita, I had the same exact fear before I first rode Forbidden Journey when it first opened. I had visions of my husband, 2 sons and their girlfriends watching as I was told that I couldn't ride! I'm 5'4" and usually wear a 16 and had no problem fitting in the seat. I do always sit in the seats (1st or 4th) at the ends of the group of four though as they are bigger. They also have some trial seats in front of the ride entrance but I didn't even bother. Good luck and congratulations!

You're welcome!
From what I've read, many of those who have had problems fitting have been really tall men and men with big shoulders and large chest circumferences.

from what i have read, agree with disneygal55.

with what you listed, sounds like you won't have any issues with the rides.

I'm about 5'1" and about 200-210 pounds, carrying most of the weight in the chest, stomach and hips/thighs; less so in the butt and legs, hourglass shaped. I usually wear about size 16, though it varies by store. Anyone with similar "stats" have any idea if I'll fit?

I was 5'3" at 220, in a size 20+ Women's, and I fit in everything.

Tried forbidden journey today. I'm in a size 24/26 pants, and didn't even come close to fitting.

i noticed this thread started 6 years ago and 3 years ago i was the last to post in it until it was brought back to life today.

seems that the older info still has some validity.

think more info about the places a person carries their weight made the difference in 'getting the green light' for rides.

reading back in this thread, quite a few mentioned wearing loose clothes to help them fit into the ride.
tight clothes seemed to be an issue in getting the clicks in the seat for the ride.

^ I found this thread on google and didn't realize how old it was until after I'd replied. Sorry for bumping it up from the graveyard! I'd read through quite a bit of it and while it seemed some who are bigger than me fit, sometimes some who are smaller than me didn't. I think you are right it is about how and where you carry the weight, as well as how tall you are. Because I'm really short I worry I'm a borderline case but the new replies have eased my mind a bit ^.^ thanks all.

In this situation even though the thread is old, the info is pretty much the same and valid

Feel free to post here

Bumble shoot is short and she gave thorough info in the thread in the past and again recently

Read back in the thread if you needed shorter than what she is

I'm 250, hips, bust, and stomach all 50". So what do you think? Would I fit on the Forbidden Journey and the Gringotts ride?

I'm 250, hips, bust, and stomach all 50". So what do you think? Would I fit on the Forbidden Journey and the Gringotts ride?
So I fit in the ride last year (didn't ride it because my kid got scars, so not sure how comfortable it was) that you test outside at gringotts. I was 5'7" about 260 with a G chest and stomach about 50? Size 20 pants and I was wearing tight-ish jeans.

I am a size 16 pant and carry most of my weight in the stomach and could easily fit on forbidden journey. I fit on gringotts but it was uncomfortable the entire ride because of my thighs.

This post is for Universal Studios Hollywood, California.
Visit dates: November 17 & 18, 2016

On our first visit to HPFJ we skipped the outside test seat, stored everything from our pockets and our bags in the locker. We walked through the castle queue and arrived at the Gryffindor common room. I asked the Hogwarts student there for the alternate loading platform. My party was directed to an elevator that took us up to a corridor with signs leading to a second elevator that took us down to the alternate loading platform on the other side of the regular moving loading area.

The alternate loading platform has a stationary ride seat for riders that need more time or have difficulty getting on a moving ride like the Haunted Mansion in Disneyland. The Alternate loading platform allowed me the extra time to get comfortable in the seat and get the overhead harness to click 3 times. You miss the introduction scene with Hermione Granger when using the alternate loading platform, but it is a great way to try different seating positions without the time pressure of the regular moving loading platform.

The 3rd seat from the left as you are walking toward the ride seat is taller but it was tighter on my chest than the other shorter seats. The first try I was tense and it was a tight fit around my chest, but I was able to get the 3 clicks in the 3rd seat. My stomach and thighs were both lose.

After I knew I fit, I tried all 4 seats on the regular moving loading platform and was able to relax and get the 3 clicks in every seat. If you don’t get the 3 clicks on the regular moving platform within a few seconds you will be asked to leave the ride.

Later in the evening I tried the outside test seat and was able to get the green light to come on, but it did feel tighter than the regular ride seats.

I wear a XLT shirt and 40” shorts.

Here are my dimensions using a cloth tape measure and fitted loose around me:

Male
6’1”
280 pounds
48” chest
48” stomach
43” waist
29” Thigh

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter