Information on new Remy ride accessibility from CM previews

Tiggerish

DIS Veteran
Someone I know was able to do a preview of the new Remy ride in France and specifically asked about accessibility. She was shown the one WAV (wheelchair accessible) vehicle the ride has and was told there are also two TAV vehicles (transfer accessible which means a ride car with a wider door or device that helps with transfer) that she did not see. I have a AP preview the last week of September and was concerned about actually being able to ride. So grateful she thought about me and took the time to find out what is available.

Last edited:
Thanks.
I am excited for this ride. I know the Ratatouille (Rémy) ride in France has a wheelchair vehicle and a transfer assist vehicle. I was assured that WDW would be getting the same, so it’s nice to have a report!

The regular cars look like this picture from the Disney Blog with 2 rows of seats.
43D09FFD-D210-4B4A-9865-5E78088404FC.jpeg

I have only seen preliminary drawings of the accessible car; it shows one wheelchair in the left front seat and one companion seat next to it. The back row is taken up by ramp - I can’t tell if it’s an integrated ramp like on Small World (but shorter) or if the side or back opens to extend the ramp.
There is also a dedicated accessible boarding area where a ride vehicle is pulled out for loading and unloading.

I rode Remy yesterday. I can't give out specific ride details, as it was a CM preview, but I can say I asked a CM working there and they said there is both a WAV and a couple TAVs. I rode in the wave - my husband stayed in his wheelchair, and I transferred from mine into the seat next to him in the car. The car only fits two - the wheelchair user and one party member. The rest of our party loaded in the regular area. The car itself, without giving too many details, is like Toy Story Mania - you load from the back of the car, and the restraint mechanisms were similar to Toy Story as well. So it is both wheelchair accessible and transfer accessible.

So I rode it twice yesterday. They have two options, one is the full wheelchair accessible ride vehicle, that fits one other person in the front right.
Second is a regular ride vehicle but they open a latch on the side to sit and swing over. I tried both but since I have long legs and big feet, no luck with the sit and swing.
It is also its own designated loading area, like MMRR.

Attachments

• 05256F6C-59A0-44AB-9078-CF1B64908F01.jpeg
    05256F6C-59A0-44AB-9078-CF1B64908F01.jpeg
    37.1 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:

Pop has a really bad back. I won’t let him ride MMRR because of the spins and jerkiness. Is this one much tamer (trying to decide if to keep him off this one too)? There is not much he can ride since they removed Universe of Energy and Great Movie Ride. I’d love for him to see something new.

Pop has a really bad back. I won’t let him ride MMRR because of the spins and jerkiness. Is this one much tamer (trying to decide if to keep him off this one too)? There is not much he can ride since they removed Universe of Energy and Great Movie Ride. I’d love for him to see something new.

There are a couple spins, but it's very smooth (or at least the one in Paris is, and this is the same thing). My usual response is to have you (or someone else in your party) "test-ride" it for him - that's what my family does. But I would say it's less than MMRR or TSM in terms of its movement. Probably on-par with the "level" parts of ROTR, if that helps at all: no elevators or drops, some dodging and weaving but most of the movement is on the screens - not on the car)

I totally agree with fabfemmeboy in that it’s really smooth and tame. One does move around but it’s not super fast with inertia to actually move one from the seat. The spinny part is cute and tame, no inertia like alien swirl. I’m sure he’ll be just fine and will love it!

Thank you. I’ll take a pillow to put behind him just to be safe. But glad to know not super slinky. I’m trying to avoid watching the videos. Thanks again. Have a magical day!

We rode it on Saturday during our AP preview time and used DAS. CM said the ride is not yet 'active' in the system to issue a return time, so he just let us right in using the Fastpass line after validating the DAS. The wait time was 30 minutes at that point.

its a very fun ride, very smooth, not intense as MMRR can be at times (like in the dance studio).

I’ve been curious to find out how much of the ride experience depends on being able to see the 3D projections (for those of us who aren’t able to). It’s kind of hard to tell in videos of the Disneyland Paris version.

I’ve been curious to find out how much of the ride experience depends on being able to see the 3D projections (for those of us who aren’t able to). It’s kind of hard to tell in videos of the Disneyland Paris version.

there's a lot of 3D during the ride

Sigh. Sounds like another one for the Not Worth the Effort List.

I can't remember - have I given you this link before?

2D glasses

They convert 3D movies to 2D - not at IMax theaters, but maybe it could work at a theme park?

The guy who invented them had a family member who couldn't watch 3D movies, but wanted to be able to go with the rest of the family.

I can't remember - have I given you this link before?

2D glasses

They convert 3D movies to 2D - not at IMax theaters, but maybe it could work at a theme park?

The guy who invented them had a family member who couldn't watch 3D movies, but wanted to be able to go with the rest of the family.

If you did, I totally forgot about it! That’s so cool !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter