Ingdirect Faqs~Do Not Post Referrals Please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone asked "How can INGDirect afford to do this?" I think besides the fact that they are mostly automated I have a guess that they also figure these monies into their advertising budget. They are using these bonuses to generate "word of mouth advertising"
I think it worked.

I have made a bunch of money with this program- I referred my parents, brother, sister, husband and all 3 of my kids plus a few people from this board. I learned about it from another DIS'r and I am so glad I did. My family has 5 accounts so needless to say I have a bunch of referrals left. PM me if you need one.

Originally posted by CheapMom
Someone asked "How can INGDirect afford to do this?" I think besides the fact that they are mostly automated I have a guess that they also figure these monies into their advertising budget. They are using these bonuses to generate "word of mouth advertising"
I think it worked.

I have made a bunch of money with this program- I referred my parents, brother, sister, husband and all 3 of my kids plus a few people from this board. I learned about it from another DIS'r and I am so glad I did. My family has 5 accounts so needless to say I have a bunch of referrals left. PM me if you need one.

I'm not trying to sound like a witch but, alot of us still have lots of referrals and I made that known to any newbies that if they are interested in a referral to email or PM any Diser on the budget or rewards program board for one, to be fair we should not tell anyone we still have some and to PM you, that takes away from other people I believe that counts as soliciting referrals which we are not allowed to do ,correct me if I'm wrong. as I said, I just want everyone to get a fair shot at using their referrals so, anyone interested in the $25 bonus should email or PM any member and if we have one, we will send it out asap.Also there is an INGDIRECT FAQ'S just in case anyone does not know what this is about. Have a great day, everyone:D

BUMP - I use INGDIRECT and I have them withdraw money from my attached account monthly - the interest rate is a lot better than with my regular savings account. It's been very easy to use but I have a couple questions...

Does anyone know if you could have money transferred in there from an outside source like an automatic deposit? I like the interest rate and I'd like to earn as much as possible before our trip in JULY.
Also, how much time should I give them to transfer the money into my checking account before our trip? Are they pretty quick about it? ::MinnieMo

Originally posted by Naisy68
BUMP - I use INGDIRECT and I have them withdraw money from my attached account monthly - the interest rate is a lot better than with my regular savings account. It's been very easy to use but I have a couple questions...

Does anyone know if you could have money transferred in there from an outside source like an automatic deposit? I like the interest rate and I'd like to earn as much as possible before our trip in JULY.
Also, how much time should I give them to transfer the money into my checking account before our trip? Are they pretty quick about it? ::MinnieMo
Hello :)
Do you mean like a direct deposit from your paycheck?No, you
can't do that as far as I know :( I would transfer about a week before your trip just to be safe maybe more, others may have comments on that :)
Maryann :)

I'm still a little confused as to how to refer your kids. My DD has a custodian account at a bank but it's a Savings account. If a check is needed for the initial deposit which will be the account linked to ***, how do I get around this?

Also, and maybe this is getting a little greedy here, can I use both a Diser referral and the $50 from TurboTax?

Originally posted by got2lovedisney
I'm still a little confused as to how to refer your kids. My DD has a custodian account at a bank but it's a Savings account. If a check is needed for the initial deposit which will be the account linked to ***, how do I get around this?

Also, and maybe this is getting a little greedy here, can I use both a Diser referral and the $50 from TurboTax?

to refer your kids just email yourself and use their info for the account(you must do joint if they are under18)?you can use your checking account, you don't have to mail them anything unless you feel uncomfortable doing it online.
as far as I know you can't take advantage of both the $25 and the $50 you could try signing up under a referral from someone here and then signing up your hubby or child with the $50
I know you have to be a new customer for all promos.anyone else have anything to add? I may be way off.:wave2:

As far as how they can afford to do this, I do know my local bank is giving away a $25.00 mastercard gift card to anyone refers someone to their bank for a checking account and the person who opens the account gets one too. So, I guess it isn't so unusual.

I have been transferring $10.00 a week into mine since I opened it. I still need to refer my sons. I am hoping to refer a friend of mine too. She is going to WDW with us in October so she would like the extra $25.00 to start off her account. :)

Anyway, I like the account so far. I put the money in there and forget about it.

Has anyone here been asked for a referral and the person not use it? I've had a few requests in the last few days, I've sent them out and they don't use them, I don't expect them to sign up right away that's fine, but, I sent out the last 4 on my account
and 3 on my husbands and those are the people who signed up
I really just want all the referrals on my account gone :( it wouldn't be so bad if these people at least replied to my emails asking them if they got the link and/or if they don't want it anymore to let me know so I can send it to someone else.What would or do you do? Thanks :)

Does anyone also know where I find this "product key" code from turbo tax? I just bought a new Dell and it came with turbo tax 2003 (not free of course, it is never free!) but I installed it but made no mention to a product key.

As well, I just want to comment on ***Direct - my BF used to work for them when they were here in CT under another name. *** merged with this ins. co and his unit moved to Des Moines (we did not want to move) and I have to add they are a great company. They are actually right down the street from where I work!!

So far, everyone that I've sent a referral to has signed up (not that there were that many). I guess that anyone who is willing to PM their full name and email address to you is already very serious about signing up. I know that I don't put that kind of info out to just anyone on the internet.

If I'm not mistaken, a referral link is only good for 30 days. After that, the offer is no good. If I am lucky enough to send out all 25 of my referrals and 3 do not respond to the offer, do I get to send out 3 more or am I outta luck?

So if I am listed on a joint account, I can't refer myself for a individual account? I didn't know that each of us could get a referral bonus before I signed us up for a joint acccount.

Originally posted by mjal
So if I am listed on a joint account, I can't refer myself for a individual account? I didn't know that each of us could get a referral bonus before I signed us up for a joint acccount.

I'm the joint account holder on the children's accounts even though I referred them. Minors have to have a joint account owner. I believe that you can refer yourself for an individual account if you're not the primary account owner on the referral account.

Originally posted by mad4themouse
So far, everyone that I've sent a referral to has signed up (not that there were that many). I guess that anyone who is willing to PM their full name and email address to you is already very serious about signing up. I know that I don't put that kind of info out to just anyone on the internet.

If I'm not mistaken, a referral link is only good for 30 days. After that, the offer is no good. If I am lucky enough to send out all 25 of my referrals and 3 do not respond to the offer, do I get to send out 3 more or am I outta luck?
Hello Madforthemouse:wave:

If someone does not sign up within 30 days the referral link becomes available again to send to someone else, that's another great thing about this::yes:: I just get discouraged when someone asks for the link and then decides they don't want it for whatever reason or maybe signs up through someone else and leaves you hanging when you could be helping someone elsemaybe I'm not losing too much by them not signing up but, a courtesy email would be appreciated just to let you know if they got the link and if they intend on still using it. sorry, had to vent:teeth:

I am curious about that too. If someone doesn't use a referral can you cancel it and get a new one?

Not like I ever expect to use all mine...

Originally posted by maryssasmom
Does anyone also know where I find this "product key" code from turbo tax? I just bought a new Dell and it came with turbo tax 2003 (not free of course, it is never free!) but I installed it but made no mention to a product key.

I use a Mac, so there was no product key. You can go to the turbotax website and message their support about where to find your product key. I was given a "generic" one that wouldn't work through their webpage, so a supervisor at INGDirect had to do it manually (it was kind of a pain). But, hey - $50 is $50, right?

Originally posted by AdventurerKat
I am curious about that too. If someone doesn't use a referral can you cancel it and get a new one?

Not like I ever expect to use all mine...

see post right above yours :)

(I'm the joint account holder on the children's accounts even though I referred them. Minors have to have a joint account owner. I believe that you can refer yourself for an individual account if you're not the primary account owner on the referral account.)

Did you go through your own account to set up new accounts, or were you able to set up a new account through the email link? I couldn't set up a new account through the email link.
Thanks.

I did check the FAQs and you can set up for a direct deposit. i don't know if I can post the phone number here, but check the FAQ's: Can I do direct deposit?

Originally posted by mjal
I did check the FAQs and you can set up for a direct deposit. i don't know if I can post the phone number here, but check the FAQ's: Can I do direct deposit?

Thanks for checking on that :) I meant to put the number and contact info :o
1-888-***-0727
*** DIRECT
P.O. box 60,
St.Cloud,MN.
56302-0060

:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter