Insole suggestions?

The Expert

Has been to every Disney park in the world
I've got a pair I really love from New Balance that are for overpronation and flat arches. I found a second pair of my running shoes on clearance, so I'm rotating shoes now on my runs and need a second pair of insoles. Unfortunately it looks like NB no longer makes these, so I'm trying to find an alternative.

I'm only mildly afflicted with both of those conditions, so don't need anything too extreme, and prefer something less bulky anyway.I'd also like to spend about what I did on these - $50 to $75 or so - but can go higher for something really good. Any suggestions???

I've got a pair I really love from New Balance that are for overpronation and flat arches. I found a second pair of my running shoes on clearance, so I'm rotating shoes now on my runs and need a second pair of insoles. Unfortunately it looks like NB no longer makes these, so I'm trying to find an alternative.

I'm only mildly afflicted with both of those conditions, so don't need anything too extreme, and prefer something less bulky anyway.I'd also like to spend about what I did on these - $50 to $75 or so - but can go higher for something really good. Any suggestions???
I run with Superfeet Black and have been very happy with the results. They run about $50 and I just replace the insole that comes with the shoes with the Superfeet ones. Here is the link: https://www.superfeet.com/en-us/

I've used Powerstep Pinnacle Maxx Insole (I get them off Amazon) since 2012 due to shin splints cause by overpronation. I've never not used them since. I've tried a couple others (forget which ones now) but these were my magic bullet....but that's just me. FWIW, I run in NB 860 (various versions).

Good luck!

I run with Superfeet Black and have been very happy with the results. They run about $50 and I just replace the insole that comes with the shoes with the Superfeet ones. Here is the link: https://www.superfeet.com/en-us/

I've used Powerstep Pinnacle Maxx Insole (I get them off Amazon) since 2012 due to shin splints cause by overpronation. I've never not used them since. I've tried a couple others (forget which ones now) but these were my magic bullet....but that's just me. FWIW, I run in NB 860 (various versions).

Good luck!

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll look into both of these!

I have used Currex Soles for the last 18 months. I love them - completely resolved my blister issues and bursitis. They have three different configurations based on your specific foot type. I bought them at a non-Disney marathon expo but they are readily available on Amazon too.

I've used superfeet purple and green and like then a lot. I think the green may be too arched though, because they've been giving my ashes blisters.

They are supposed to last for ~2 pairs of sneakers - so I don't mind the price toooo much.

If you have a RoadRunner Sports near you, I use their insoles. They heat up their insoles and fit them directly to your feet and your shoes to make sure they fit both properly. They're a little more expensive than Superfeet but I find they fit me much better.

If you have a RoadRunner Sports near you, I use their insoles. They heat up their insoles and fit them directly to your feet and your shoes to make sure they fit both properly. They're a little more expensive than Superfeet but I find they fit me much better.

Unfortunately I do not, but that's great to know!

So in researching these, it appears most of them are generic insoles and don't necessarily address specifically the issues I have. The NB insoles I'm using were specifically made for pronation and flat arches. Aside from going custom (which I don't think I need), do I need to keep searching for something in between? Or are these that you all are using made in a more universal way?

Sorry I'm totally uneducated on all this. Just happened to be in my NB store one day and noticed the rack of insoles that were labeled for various things and decided to try them out.

So in researching these, it appears most of them are generic insoles and don't necessarily address specifically the issues I have. The NB insoles I'm using were specifically made for pronation and flat arches. Aside from going custom (which I don't think I need), do I need to keep searching for something in between? Or are these that you all are using made in a more universal way?

Sorry I'm totally uneducated on all this. Just happened to be in my NB store one day and noticed the rack of insoles that were labeled for various things and decided to try them out.

Superfeet has a pretty long list of options for different runner and foot types. This page does a good job of explaining the differences. If you have a good running store they can also make suggestions.

I know nothing on inserts except Superfeet Green is for high arches, so make sure you don't get those. They were so hard & starting squeaking I returned mine (trying to help a case of plantar fasciatis, I have high arches), they had a 60 day money back guarantee & I ordered from Amazon so it was very easy to return, just something to keep in mind in case what you get doesn't work.

Superfeet has a pretty long list of options for different runner and foot types. This page does a good job of explaining the differences. If you have a good running store they can also make suggestions.

Thanks for that. It looks like I just didn't dig enough on some of those pages. I am popping by my running store after work, too.

Thanks for all your help and suggestions! Stopped by one of the local running stores after work today and they recommended the Currex Low, so I'm trying them out tomorrow on my tempo run!

I'm happy to report that the Currex Low are great so far! Thanks for all your help everyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter