Instacart Alcohol delivery ???

BcIcemen

DIS Veteran
What happens if I am not at the resort when my Publix delivery arrives with alcohol?

What happens if I am not at the resort when my Publix delivery arrives with alcohol?
They can’t deliver it unless you are physically there and show them ID, which they need to scan in order to release the alcohol.

Tagging on to this post - what if the service used verifies age prior to delivery (ie dizzy dolphin)? Can it be left with bell services then?

Tagging on to this post - what if the service used verifies age prior to delivery (ie dizzy dolphin)? Can it be left with bell services then?
I thought Disney shut that down in August. Bell Services won't accept alcohol, period.

Right from the Disney website, not sure if it's being inforced but that's the policy. If it's that important to you then make the time to be there.

Getting Grocery Orders Delivered to Your Disney Resort Hotel Room​

Grocery deliveries are subject to the Disney Resort hotel’s policies and may be unavailable, limited or restricted. If the delivery service vendor requires age or ID verification, Guests are required to meet and accept delivery directly from the vendor; Disney Resort hotels will not accept delivery of such orders on behalf of any Guest.

I thought Disney shut that down in August. Bell Services won't accept alcohol, period.
That’s what I thought too but Dizzy Dolphin’s site says they can leave alcohol with bell services because their alcohol vendor does age verification when the order is placed. I’m a bit confused but not motivated enough to reach out to dizzy dolphin since we have alcohol in our storage locker.

For some reason most of the delivery services are somewhat vague about this. Garden Grocer explicitly state they can still deliver alcohol to bell services - and you have to upload a copy of your ID for them in advance of delivery. I have never had a problem and always have beer in the order.

To be honest, GG are very expensive, especially when compared to Instacart. But we order a lot and don't want to have to cart groceries half way across the Polynesian while on vacation (or stay in to meet them etc). So, we just pay the extra for GG (used it for many years now) and when we get to the room we call for Bell Services to deliver. I think only once was an item missing from our order and they were extremely apologetic and delivered the missing item same day and provided a voucher for a future order.

GG brown bagged our beer. I assume that is their 'get around' to deliver alcohol. I try and place my order 6 months ahead to get their 20% discount.

As someone who works for instacart, as well as uses the service, if you are not there to meet them your whole order will be cancelled and brought back to the store.

GG brown bagged our beer. I assume that is their 'get around' to deliver alcohol. I try and place my order 6 months ahead to get their 20% discount.
If you place your order six months in advance can you add to it and if so how does that effect your 20% discount

If you place your order six months in advance can you add to it and if so how does that effect your 20% discount
The item is added without a discounted price. I have a standard order that I have compiled over the years so I usually don't add much. Once I added more beverages and snacks. Our last big order my coffee was substituted with a large and I had to take it home, which meant I got pulled out of line by TSA but they let me take it home after they eye-balled it.

The item is added without a discounted price. I have a standard order that I have compiled over the years so I usually don't add much. Once I added more beverages and snacks. Our last big order my coffee was substituted with a large and I had to take it home, which meant I got pulled out of line by TSA but they let me take it home after they eye-balled it.
Thanks for the good info

I always thought you had to be present with alcohol in the order or whole order would be cancelled.

I always thought you had to be present with alcohol in the order or whole order would be cancelled.
Garden Grocer said alcohol was no problem. Like I said above, it was stapled/labeled in a brown paper grocery bag so my guess is that is why it is not a problem. Now Bell Services said we had to be in the room for delivery.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter