Instacart VS Garden Grocer for a late night delivery (with alcohol)

Anal Annie

at least I KNOW I'm a kook...I just can't help it
We have always used Garden Grocer in the past and included beer in our order. They would always leave the order with Bell Services and we'd pick it up from them when we arrived. I was considering using Instacart on our next trip because they are SOOO much cheaper but I read that you have to be present to receive the order. We're going down for 4 nights over Memorial day weekend but our flight isn't scheduled to even land until 10:20 pm on Thurs nite. We have MK booked for our first day and since it's a short trip we'll want to head out early that Friday morning. We'd prefer to get our delivery on our arrival night so we'll have our breakfast stuff but how do I time getting it (with alcohol included) for such a late arrival? Are we stuck with using Garden Grocer??

Anybody have any experience scheduling an Instacart order with alcohol for between 11 pm and midnight? Thx...

Can’t answer that but can say that if you use Dizzy Dolphin, you can make a Total Wine order that they will pick up for you and deliver with your groceries. Worked very well!

Can’t answer that but can say that if you use Dizzy Dolphin, you can make a Total Wine order that they will pick up for you and deliver with your groceries. Worked very well!
Thanks. Guess I'll check to see if they'll leave alcohol with Bell Services without us being there.

Have you looked at Dizzy Dolphin? We use them and have beer/wine in our order and have no delivery issues with them and they are so easy to work with..

Have you looked at Dizzy Dolphin? We use them and have beer/wine in our order and have no delivery issues with them and they are so easy to work with..
I need to check into them to see if they'll leave alcohol with Bell Services before we arrive. Not all delivery services will do that...

I need to check into them to see if they'll leave alcohol with Bell Services before we arrive. Not all delivery services will do that...
Yes, they will. They validate your drivers license/ID ahead of time and then just leave everything with Bell Services. Easy peasy!

Yes they do and this is how we handle it each time. Dizzy Dolphin has you verify your age when you order from them. They then leave it at bell services with the food. We have done it this way with them many times and no issues. Some do not do it so you are required to be there for delivery which can tie you up, not so with Dizzy Dolphin. Bell services does not charge if they hold it for you until your room is ready or you get back from the parks or wherever. They will deliver it to you for a Disney imposed $6.00 fee or you can pick it up yourself.

Yes they do and this is how we handle it each time. Dizzy Dolphin has you verify your age when you order from them. They then leave it at bell services with the food. We have done it this way with them many times and no issues. Some do not do it so you are required to be there for delivery which can tie you up, not so with Dizzy Dolphin. Bell services does not charge if they hold it for you until your room is ready or you get back from the parks or wherever. They will deliver it to you for a Disney imposed $6.00 fee or you can pick it up yourself.
So all of the DVC resorts are charging a $6 fee now to receive, hold & deliver grocery orders? When did they start doing this?

Garden Grocer's process was similar - my ID was on file and I just placed the orders and they left them with Bell Services. We just got them brought up along with our Owners Locker. Do they charge for the Owners Lockers now too?

So all of the DVC resorts are charging a $6 fee now to receive, hold & deliver grocery orders? When did they start doing this?

Garden Grocer's process was similar - my ID was on file and I just placed the orders and they left them with Bell Services. We just got them brought up along with our Owners Locker. Do they charge for the Owners Lockers now too?
No, the $6 charge is only for Bell Services to deliver groceries to your room when that's the only thing they're delivering. If you drop off your luggage with them and also have groceries delivered to them, and you call when you're in your room to have luggage + groceries delivered together, there's no $6 charge, just the normal tip. Or if you have an Owners Locker and they bring the groceries at the same time they bring the OL, again no $6 charge, just the normal tip. If you stop by on the way to your room and pick up your groceries and bring them to your room yourself, there's no fee. The $6 fee is only for delivering groceries (or other packages) - not for receiving or holding them. This started prepandemic, when grocery deliveries (especially to non-DVC resorts) became more frequent and added significant burden to Bell Services/Luggage Assistance on top of luggage itself.

Sorry crash this thread , trying to get people's experiences with Instacart

We are traveling from Ireland and want to use Instacart to get a few things including a few beers

Instacart site and chat says they will only accept US identification.

In people's experiences are the drivers strict with this ?
For clarity, I'm 41 and will have Irish passport and drivers license

No, the $6.00 charge is for them delivering groceries to your room only! If you pick them up then no charge. We do tip the bell services cast members for this delivery. This has been in place for a couple of years now..

Sorry crash this thread , trying to get people's experiences with Instacart

We are traveling from Ireland and want to use Instacart to get a few things including a few beers

Instacart site and chat says they will only accept US identification.

In people's experiences are the drivers strict with this ?
For clarity, I'm 41 and will have Irish passport and drivers license
Love Instacart. Use them every trip.

Thanks all.

I started to look into the Dizzy Dolphin thing but I didn't like that they apparently don't have a website populated with available items OR any pricing. It looked like I had to submit an order just to get a final price. 🤷‍♀️
They also charge an extra $10 fee for alcohol and it's delivered thru another party. Doesn't sound like Dizzy Dolphin is any easier or cheaper in the long run. Looks like we're stuck using Garden Grocer if we want up front prices and to get alcohol delivered without us being there. We often check a bag with beer in it but I'm not going to check luggage on this trip since we arrive so late. One less thing to have to deal with. Thanks again for all the info!

Thanks all.

I started to look into the Dizzy Dolphin thing but I didn't like that they apparently don't have a website populated with available items OR any pricing. It looked like I had to submit an order just to get a final price. 🤷‍♀️
They also charge an extra $10 fee for alcohol and it's delivered thru another party. Doesn't sound like Dizzy Dolphin is any easier or cheaper in the long run. Looks like we're stuck using Garden Grocer if we want up front prices and to get alcohol delivered without us being there. We often check a bag with beer in it but I'm not going to check luggage on this trip since we arrive so late. One less thing to have to deal with. Thanks again for all the info!
Used many times and not true. You create your grocery list then you submit it to them and they price it out for you. You approve/make changes to it before they shop for any items. As to the alcohol they have you order from a local store they have a relationship with then they pick it up from there and deliver it with your food order. You do not need to be there to receive this order even with alcohol, they leave it at Bell Services for you to pick up or have delivered to you later. We have done this many times and it just is not that big of a deal. We just submit to them a modified grocery list from home with added stuff for our extended family going. I know exactly how much they are charging me before any shopping takes place. They are very reliable and this is why they are one of the more popular delivery services in Orlando serving Disney.

Last edited:
Used many times and not true. You create your grocery list then you submit it to them and they price it out for you. You approve/make changes to it before they shop for any items. As to the alcohol they have you order from a local store they have a relationship with then they pick it up from there and deliver it with your food order. You do not need to be there to receive this order even with alcohol, they leave it at Bell Services for you to pick up or have delivered to you later. We have done this many times and it just is not that big of a deal. We just submit to them a modified grocery list from home with added stuff for our extended family going. I know exactly how much they are charging me before any shopping takes place. They are very reliable and this is why they are one of the more popular delivery services in Orlando serving Disney.
The site clearly says they charge an extra $10 to add alcohol. And we also need a $50 minimum grocery order to add the alcohol... without up front pricing I won't even know if we're even eligible to add the alcohol without submitting this pretebd order (we're only ordering breakfast items and beer).

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220507-133909_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220507-133909_Chrome.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 2
Sorry for the dupe post. I was trying to add the screenshot. ANYWAY, FWIW I will go ahead and submit a pretend order to Dizzy Dolphin to see if we "qualify".

Would it be less expensive to just order delivery directly from a Publix or Winn Dixie near Disney that uses instacart?? Just wondering🤷‍♀️

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter