Internal rider swap

MomDoc_99

Earning My Ears
I am looking for experiences with what I will call an "internal rider swap". That's where a child is tall enough but not brave enough to ride. I anticipate that being the case with my 4 and 6 year old DGD's for rides like ToT and possibly Big Thunder. I understand that the child waits in the line with the rest of the family, then I presume 1 adult would go to a waiting area with them and ride after the rest of the family finishes? Is a second person able to ride again with the person who waited with the child? Has anyone done this that can share what it is like on specific rides?

There is always a “chicken exit“ which people that decide they don’t want to ride at the last moment can use, but Disney does not provide a waiting area and re-rides. Quite often, disembarking occurs in a different location altogether.

I am looking for experiences with what I will call an "internal rider swap". That's where a child is tall enough but not brave enough to ride. I anticipate that being the case with my 4 and 6 year old DGD's for rides like ToT and possibly Big Thunder. I understand that the child waits in the line with the rest of the family, then I presume 1 adult would go to a waiting area with them and ride after the rest of the family finishes? Is a second person able to ride again with the person who waited with the child? Has anyone done this that can share what it is like on specific rides?
you will need to ask CM at beginning of line how that is handled at that ride as it will not be the same at every ride. as PP said not all rides begin and end at same place.

It will vary somewhat by attraction, CM and/or time of day -- all that to say "it depends." Ask the CM at the entrance.

You may be issued a digital rider swap in which parent2+non-rider go elsewhere while parent1+rider get in the queue, then when done parent2+rider will get to go (yes, twice for the riding child).

If they are not doing digital swap you would all get in the queue and swap near the load (or unload, the CMs will direct you - just be sure to mention to any CM along the queue that 1 child won't ride and you need to swap (not using the chicken exit). In this case, the riding child may or may not get to ride twice. As PP mentions there is not a designated "wait" area and it will be just stepping to the side at some point.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter