Introduce Yourselves!

You kids have fun! Daddy will be at the Outer Rim ordering a round for when your done!

(Think Disney's version of Big Lots! T-Shirts and Junk as far as the eye can see! :cool1: )

What do you mean the best part? You mean the 75% off?

Hi everyone! My name is Ken Zak (nee Ken Baldwin), my husband is Rob Zak. We were legally married after 12 years of living together as "common-law equivalent" in May of 2006, in our home city of Winnipeg, Manitoba. Rob & I honeymooned in WDW during the May 2006 Star Wars Weekends and the 2006 Epcot Flower & Garden Festival. The WDW cast were VERY nice to us during this time, recognizing our "just married" Mickey/Minnie buttons given to us at our resort.

Rob & I have been to Disneyland Paris, Disneyland (Anaheim), Walt Disney World, Disney on Broadway, and Disney Cruise Line - multiple times for most of these destinations! In 2007 we finally bought into DVC via resale and then later the same year got an add-on contract for Saratoga Springs.

Hobbies: Rob collects Robert Olszewski's Disneyland buildings (we have Main Street USA from Disneyland in miniature on a 6' X 3' banquet table in our spare bedroom). I run D-ZAK Radio on Live365.

Hello everyone! I'm currently a little shy but hope to come out of my shell given time. I love visiting WDW and have been a few times now. I've found it difficult to find just the right kind of forum where people talk about all sorts of different stuff (not just the obvious gay/lesbian lifestyle stuff) and don't know why I didn't think to come here earlier!! It should have been obvious! LOL

I've had to reregister here, so although this is my first post as "Friendly", I am a regular to this site. I'm sure many of you can appreciate why I have had to do this. Since last year I've been in a relationship with another woman. Only four of our close friends know of our true relationship (i.e. not just "regular" girlfriends). We are very committed to each other and really feel we've met our soul-mates. This may come as a surprise to many people (because we are both in our forties) but it's only occurred to both of us that we are lesbian since we realised how we felt for each other.

I have so many questions about everything, but they can wait! Would love to know many other people were "old" before the obvious hit them, LOL.

Thanks for listening. :goodvibes

Hi Friendly!:wave2: Our board seems to be in a little bit of a posting lull right now. But please bear with us -- a "Friendly"er :goodvibes bunch would be hard to find.
You might want to try posting your question in a new thread. Not everybody always checks through the Introduce Yourself thread thoroughly and that is an interesting question you are asking.

Hello everyone! I'm currently a little shy but hope to come out of my shell given time. I love visiting WDW and have been a few times now. I've found it difficult to find just the right kind of forum where people talk about all sorts of different stuff (not just the obvious gay/lesbian lifestyle stuff) and don't know why I didn't think to come here earlier!! It should have been obvious! LOL

I've had to reregister here, so although this is my first post as "Friendly", I am a regular to this site. I'm sure many of you can appreciate why I have had to do this. Since last year I've been in a relationship with another woman. Only four of our close friends know of our true relationship (i.e. not just "regular" girlfriends). We are very committed to each other and really feel we've met our soul-mates. This may come as a surprise to many people (because we are both in our forties) but it's only occurred to both of us that we are lesbian since we realised how we felt for each other.

I have so many questions about everything, but they can wait! Would love to know many other people were "old" before the obvious hit them, LOL.

Thanks for listening. :goodvibes

My partner and I host a womens dinner once a month and from talking with the people that we meet we find that it is very common. There are so many people that try to conform to what the community expects and then think for many years that they lack in some respect or another because they just are not completely happy with their lives. Then one day... that little light goes off and when it does, watch out... their whole world changes and they can look back and see several moments in time that their soul was trying to talk to them...

Hello everyone. I've been reading these boards for quite a while now and I thought it was about time I actually said hi.

My name's Michael and I'm originally from London. I moved to the States just over 13 years ago and so now live in New York City. My partner is Talip - he is originally from Istanbul and we have been together for nearly 12 years. No kids unfortuantely as work tends to rule our lives but we are the proud daddies of a hyperactive dog called Japser who is doing whatever he can to put us in an early grave!

I must admit that I was the original WDW freak in the family but having convinced him to take a vacation there a number of years ago I successfully managed to get him completely hooked too! Our next trip will be April 24 to May 4 next year - we are going so that I can forget about the fact that I will be 40 that week - yikes, how the hell did that happen! :confused3

Anyway, I just wanted to say hello to you guys. I'm really glad I found these boards and this section in particular. I know I will be hanging out alot if you'll have me. Cheers! ;)

:welcome: to Friendly, Michael, and Talip (I love that name)!

It's always good when lurkers come out to chat (pun intended) and we've got a great crew on here. I see that you two boys are comming down during the Flower and Garden festival. That's always a great time to visit. If you push back your stay another month, you can come for Gaydays, and that's always a fun experience :thumbsup2

Hello everyone. Been a member for a while but never really posted items until now...

My name's Mel (34) and I'm from Merrittstown, Pa (about 35 minutes S. of Pittsburgh) My partner is Billy (26) :love: whom I have had the pleasure of being with for almost 5 years. We have three kids, two cool cats (Puss N' Boots & Diamond. Also, we have a new addition, our little puppy Jasmine our own tower of terror! LOL

I have always loved Walt Disney movies and have had at times a weird obsession with Mary Poppins! LOVE HER! I track her down every time we visit the park and even convince a disney worker to set up a personal meet and greet. It was amazing.

Our next trip will be November 24 to December 1 of this year - Billy and I are really looking forward to this trip as we are taking my mentally challenged sister for her visit to Disney world. I know I will be emotional the whole time we are there as she gets to meet the characters she has loved for a long time.

If any other DIS members are at Disney during this time, hit me up and perhaps we can meet up along the way. Would be nice to see other gay couples while we are there!!! I love this discussion board and I'm really glad that the gay section exists. I check this site almost everyday for new Walt Disney information.

Have a great day!

Hi everyone. I've enjoyed reading these boards for a few weeks now in anticipation of our trip in '08. My name is Kristen and my partner of almost 10 years is Carol. We have 2 daughters (princess: 4 and princess: 2), 3 dogs, and 2 fish. That pretty much answers why I'm CRZYINNJ. :crazy2: LOL. We live in southern NJ about 30 min outside of Philadelphia, but we both grew up in central NJ. We were in WDW in March '05 and are looking forward to our return trip in May of next year.:rainbow:

As I was surfing the web for several weeks now, I finally found a board for gay disney travellers. Me, that's Chris, 34, and my partner Will, 32, are going to WDW for the first time from December 8 - 22, 2007 and are already quite excited about that what's going to come.

We do live in Vienna, Austria (sorry, no Kangoroos) and have one cat.

As we do have Disneyland Paris, Disney itself has obviously no interest to attract any Europeans to Florida, so planning this vacation was quite stressfull. :surfweb:
(I am already afraid of my phone bill).:scared1:

Anyways what I really wanted to find out is maybe some of you could give us some advice or report their experiences what it is like to go to WDW as a gay couple, without the "backup" of gay days.

We usually don't kiss in public or hold hands, but as we are a couple for 14 years we'd like to make this trip our anniversary celebration.

Maybe this problem seems strange to you after all, but different countries have a different cultures.

Thanks for your advice :goodvibes

Welcome to all the new folk!

Timben - you shouldn't have any problems. Quite a few of the people on this board have gone for honeymoons and anniversaries and were treated the same as any other couple. Take a look at some of the other threads and you'll find lots of good information. And feel free to ask any questions - we're a pretty friendly group.

Hello all, my name is Ian and I am from Down Under. I am currently single (although hoping one day my Prince will come). I have a dog called Maddy. 6 chooks and 5 fish.

I am visiting WDW in Nov with a couple of friends and very much looking forward to it. I haven't been to WDW since 1992, and from what I have been reading there have been a lot of changes in 15 years. I have been to Disneyland 14 times and Disneyland Paris once.

A friend told me about this site and I have enjoyed reading through the various threads, everyone is so friendly. :goodvibes

Have a great day,

Ian :)

I'm Beth. Life-long Disney fan! My family (Daddy, Mom and I) are going down to visit sister (who's a CM) over Christmas. It'll be my first trip since coming out ~ but probably 15th over all. I'm SOOOO excited!! (I used to be on the board a few years ago, but it's been so long, I couldn't remember anything and none of my current email addresses worked, so I just started over.)

YAY!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter