"Investing" in tickets now for next November?

JJ2017

DIS Veteran
We are mourning the loss of our annual early November WDW trip. Universal has been on our minds for the past year as the kids are older and taller for the rides they are most interested in. Now we know that we want to weave it in to next November's trip.

I've priced out hotels so far (will stay at an Express Pass hotel) and looking at tickets, the buy 2, get 3 will expire by then.

Should I wait for a bit? Purchase tickets now? What is a good strategy?

Also, am I assuming Volcano Bay will be closed by early November? That's a bummer b/c we are very interested in that.

Thanks!

I know Volcano Bay is closed starting this November, but is that a permanent change? That hasn't always been the case, has it? For some reason, I was thinking it used to only close if it was dictated by weather. I'm kinda hoping the parks get back to more of a "normal" by next November. (We're planning on going then as well)

Id wait and see what becomes available during the holiday season - but it does seem like they are doing tickets that have an expiration date for the most part
You may also want to consider an AP as you can get discounts on the hotel and they dont have to be started by a certain date - they are good for a year once you activate

You will definitely want at least 1 AP to get the APH rate at the deluxe hotels. Since you are planning so far in advance, you should be able to get that rate. The cost of a Season Pass is not much more than a 2-day 2-park ticket, so you can save a lot of money going that route.

We always wait until the last minute to buy tickets, in case our plans change. But are close enough to drive, so no airlines to deal with...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter