is 13 too old for a character meal?

Arabella Figg 2003

Mouseketeer
last time we were in WDW was 3 years ago. older dd will be 13 when we go back next summer. she loved Chef Mickey's and Cinderella's breakfast. do you think she'll enjoy the character meals now, or will I get some of that famous teenage "cool" from her this trip?

THis is a tough question! It probably depends a lot on your child. Your right, a lot of 13 year olds would totally roll their eyes and sigh a lot, even if inside they're just DYING to run over and give Cindy a big hug! I know my first character meal, which was only a few years ago at the age of 36, if you can believe it, I went in with the attitude of a "way too cool" teen, but came out of it with pics of me with Pooh, Piglet and all the rest. Whenever I get a little too full of myself, I look at the picture of me, with weak-knees, getting a hug from Tigger.

Richard

IMHO, you're never too old for a character meal... that's part of the magic of Disney - you can still be a kid at any age!

She's got at least 40 more years to catch up to me. But I never went as a teenager. Try it, she may not been too embarrassed to be seen with her family if none of her friends will find out.

Our now 15 year old that will be going back in Jan, 2003 -
Says never - Character meals is where you can be a kid... and not
be "embarrassed by your peers". She was 13 at Chef Mickeys breakfast and loves to do the Party Song and swing her napkin...

Character Meals is a big part of our planning and they all like to choose their favorites...

PS her 40 year old parents even love the character MEALS and the
interaction with Winnie the Pooh and Eeyore too....

As previously stated, I think it all depends on the child! I can tell you though that I have two boys ages 11 and 14 and they are looking forward to several character meals in December (including CRT!).

I took two 14 year old girls to CRT for breakfast in August and they had no problem getting their pictures taken with the princesses. Now if I could have gotten them to EAT something, then it would have been worth it.:rolleyes: I call them the Picky Sisters - because they are.:rolleyes:

We've never done the princess meals, but my 13 year old DD had no problem getting pictures taken with Pooh and friends, or Mickey and company. She even asked to do the LTT character meal next time we go.

Why don't you just ask??

I wouldn't do it as a surprise. Or just mention it in conversation, like "oh wow, you can have dinner with Mickey, how fun!!" and see how she reacts.

We leave home at 4 in the morning - arrive Orlando 3 p.m. local time - and we are having dinner at Chef Mickey's. I'm ancient, and I can't wait. It is called Disney Magic. One is never too old for a character meal.

I agree that it all depends on your kids, but my family went to WDW all through my teenage years and my DB and I always enjoyed the character meals!!

My boys love character meals.My 15year old DS asked to go to Chef Mickey's for breakfast(besides the food,he enjoys being able to swing that napkin around)and my almost 13 year old DS asked for dinner at Crystal Palace(again for the food and so he can make some jokes about Pooh to me)

As stated before, it all depends on the teen. I might not do it the first day, though.

On our 1st family trip, DS (then 18) decided about a month out that he didn't even want to go after all. (Didn't want to leave his girlfriend, now his wife, or his job.) He went reluctantly (We'd told him he had to re-pay all non-refundable fees like the airfare...rotten parents!) He wasn't obnoxious, but didn't really get with the program until the 2nd morning...by then he was saying "This really is the happiest place on earth! I'm so glad you brought me. Thanks!" at least 5x a day.

That's the day we went to 1900 Park Fare for breakfast after doing EE at MK. We have great photos of him with all the characters. ;)

You're never too old! ::yes:: ::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

I think she'll like it. There's something about being at Disneyworld that brings out the 3 year old in all of us.

I'm 27 and my boyfriend is 31 and we're hoping we can get a PS for breakfast at Cindy's when we go in Feb!!
:)

my soon to be husband and I love character meals and we are both in our mid 20's and we can't wait to go! Crt and crystal palace here we come.

so I guess it just depends on the person

Chef Mickey's for breakfast is a family tradition for us. The last time we went the kids were DS 16 1/2, DS 13, and DD11. I have pictures of my oldest hugging Minnie and getting a kiss from her, so for our family 13 is not too old:D

My sons are 10,11 and 14. They can't wait to go back this year and do more character meals. Now getting my 14yo son to pose with a character in the park would NEVER happen, but a character meal is totally cool!

My DS turns 18 the day after our trip begins so I am treating him to Cape May Buffet character breakfast because his favorite characters Chip and Dale are there. My DD will turn 20 at the end of our trip and she requested Crystal Palace because of Winnie the Pooh and pals.

They are as happy as can be that we were able to get PS for them.

My DH is happy because at Cape May, Goofy is there and that is his favorite and DH is 55.

Just big kids at heart.

ENJOY!!!!!!

:earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsgirl:

ABSOLUTELY NOT! as long as you're young at heart, have an imagination, and have a camera ready...you're good to go for a character dining experience. It's DisneyWorld! Everyone should be a kid! It's not like anyone's gonna laugh at you! Party time. go find Cinderella and eat up!

foobs

Like others have said, I have a "mocho" 11 yo ds and a 13 yo ds and they both can't wait to see all the characters this month. They still wait in those long lines to get autographs from each and every character...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter