Is a 1 Bedroom at BLT too much for only 2 adults for 11 nights?

Disneyfun1

Walt Disney World Lover-DVC Owner Since 1/07
We booked our room months ago, it was going to be myself, my wife and 2 of our kids, aged 22 and 18. Well the 22 year old decided he could not go(money, job, etc), so we took him off. Our 18 year old was still so excited to go until last week, she just started college a few weeks ago and one of her professors said if she goes, it is not excused and she will not accept any homework from her. Well we all want school to come first, so unfortunately she decided it would be best not to go this year and risk anything with school since she is a freshman now in college.

So now we are down to the 2 of us, in a big one bedroom lake view at bay lake for 11 nights. I am wondering if this will be too much now for us. we do love the whirlpool tub though, so much. Full kitchen is nice, though we dont really use it, but we already borrowed points, etc to get it, so even if we could switch, which i doubt being only 24 days away and for 11 nights straight, i just wonder how empty it will feel. I think even if we could change, we would lose all the borrowed points and dont plan to return until our cruise next year which is in the new point year by a month.

any input on this from anyone?

We were also thinking of doing a 3 night cruise now near the end of the trip now, but again, we cant change the room, so it would be nice its there for us the entire time to leave what we want behind, but we are really losing those points by having it sit there in our name if we do the cruise.

not sure what to do??

DH and I always get. 1-bedroom villa for just the two of us and a 2-bedroom if we take more people. It's nice to have extra space, and having the washer and dryer is great. Enjoy!

DH and I always get 1BR's. :confused3

But I don't know that I'd keep a 1BR to store luggage while going on a cruise. Is the cruise going to finish off the trip or does it fall in the middle? If in the middle and you'll be coming back to WDW then that would be a problem but if you're finishing off your trip and you think you can either use or rent points in holding then I'd cancel the last few days of the room reservation. Or more likely just drop the cruise idea and plan on it some other time.

DH and I always get. 1-bedroom villa for just the two of us and a 2-bedroom if we take more people. It's nice to have extra space, and having the washer and dryer is great. Enjoy!

We do the exact same thing, love our resorts and we love our room. :love:

:earsboy: Bill

We had a BLT one bedroom last October for us and our son (plus a friend). The two of us would be there for ten nights, our son and friend for four nights (during fall break). First comes a bomb threat and they lose a day of classes. Next comes Hurricane Issac and they lose three more days of class. So Fall Break goes.

BLT one bedroom was wonderful for the two of us. Enjoy your stay.

So now we are down to the 2 of us, in a big one bedroom lake view at bay lake for 11 nights. I am wondering if this will be too much now for us. we do love the whirlpool tub though, so much. Full kitchen is nice, though we don't really use it, but we already borrowed points, etc to get it, so even if we could switch, which i doubt being only 24 days away and for 11 nights straight, i just wonder how empty it will feel. I think even if we could change, we would lose all the borrowed points and don't plan to return until our cruise next year which is in the new point year by a month.
Since your trip is less than 31 days away, any points returned to your account due to cancelling nights or downsizing your room will be holding points. Points in holding cannot be banked and can only be used to book something within 60 days of check in. It might be difficult for you to use the points so why not just keep your reservation as is and enjoy that nice BLT 1BR? We stayed in one back in May and really enjoyed our stay.

If the points used for it are not an issue, I would say keep the 1 bdrm. Dh and I did a trip by ourselves and did a split stay - 3 in AKV 1 bdrm and 2 BWV studio. We loved the 1 bdrm for the space, bathroom and laundry. Enjoy your trip.:goodvibes

Enjoy the extra space, especially since you will be staying 11 days. Also, the kitchen, washer/dryer, and jet tub are great! You may find that you won't want a studio again!;) Enjoy your trip:)

Keep it ...11 days ...you will need the space just to feel comfortable....I love having the kitchen and living space ...plus you get that luxurious master bedroom suite with a king size bed...a must for me...plus that room bathroom...
Enjoy!:)

I'd keep the 1 bdrm. The BLT studios are so small. For 11 days you'll appreciate the space of the 1 bdrm.

DH and I love the 1 BR lake view. That's what we always get at BLT and love it! We had room 8511 and it was fantastic with a great view.

We booked our room months ago, it was going to be myself, my wife and 2 of our kids, aged 22 and 18. Well the 22 year old decided he could not go(money, job, etc), so we took him off. Our 18 year old was still so excited to go until last week, she just started college a few weeks ago and one of her professors said if she goes, it is not excused and she will not accept any homework from her. Well we all want school to come first, so unfortunately she decided it would be best not to go this year and risk anything with school since she is a freshman now in college.

So now we are down to the 2 of us, in a big one bedroom lake view at bay lake for 11 nights. I am wondering if this will be too much now for us. we do love the whirlpool tub though, so much. Full kitchen is nice, though we dont really use it, but we already borrowed points, etc to get it, so even if we could switch, which i doubt being only 24 days away and for 11 nights straight, i just wonder how empty it will feel. I think even if we could change, we would lose all the borrowed points and dont plan to return until our cruise next year which is in the new point year by a month.

We were also thinking of doing a 3 night cruise now near the end of the trip now, but again, we cant change the room, so it would be nice its there for us the entire time to leave what we want behind, but we are really losing those points by having it sit there in our name if we do the cruise.

not sure what to do??
Definitely keep the room!! Heck....I always get a 1BR unit even if I'm on a "Mommy Only" trip! :rotfl2: I love the extra space I have and the fact that I can do my laundry in the unit. I've never been in BLT so I don't know the layout. But I'm sure you and your wife will thoroughly enjoy the 1BR. :thumbsup2

stay with blt 1-bedroom.
since you borrowed points and they can't be returned.
can you change when you go on the cruise?

you can forget getting a studio this near to your trip - studio are generally gone first.

maybe you should consider renting it and not go to WDW at all. would love a 1-bedroom at BLT.

get your daughter schedule for next time.

What is your use year? The points will go into holding, which means they can only be used for a reservation less than 60 days and cannot be banked. I'd just enjoy it. I originally bought DVC for my mom and I to enjoy a 1 bedroom.

not sure what to do??

I wouldn't mind staying in 1 bedroom with just hubby and I you would have plenty of room and a nice tub so no I think you will enjoy it and yourselves.

I always book the 1 bedroom for my DH and I, we love the bedroom to be separate from the living room area and always want the full kitchen and washer and dryer. So keep the 1 bedroom.

We are an "OLD" couple....We don't stay in studios. Stick with the 1 bedroom. It's a vacation!

Me and my wife only have enough points right now for a studio every trip but I am planning on getting enough points added to stay in a one bedroom for our trips in the future. The way I look at it the studio is not much different than the rooms we always got in the past before we joined DVC. I am looking for an obvious upgrade from what we used to have before we joined. I believe the one bedroom will give us that.

You're stuck with the 1Br so enjoy it and go on the cruise either on day 11 or another time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter